Indian Army: News and Discussion

JBH22

Blood And Guts

The shrill cries of 'Allah o Akbar' clashed with the nerve-jangling 'Aayo Gorkhali' but the Pakistani soldiers never pressed their counter-attacks, allowing Four Five to dictate the course of battle. The Pakistan garrison thought the battalion was the vanguard of an Indian brigade, helping it to hold on for nine days without any link-up. The BBC helped by announcing that a brigade had heli-landed in Sylhet. Some 450 dishevelled Gorkhas took the surrender of the 7,000-strong Sylhet garrison led by three brigadiers.
Blood And Guts | Ashok K. Mehta

JBH22

I'm amazed how we have lost the quantitative superiority over Pakistan if we go by these reports we have less Tanks,less nuclear warheads.

What the hell with the defence planners only navy is the game changer in this equation.

Thanks UPA, Corrupt Army chiefs, bureaucrats and all the other cohorts.

Somreet Bhattacharya

I'm amazed how we have lost the quantitative superiority over Pakistan if we go by these reports we have less Tanks,less nuclear warheads.

What the hell with the defence planners only navy is the game changer in this equation.

Thanks UPA, Corrupt Army chiefs, bureaucrats and all the other cohorts.
We never had superior nuke arsenal over Pak for a long time...n as for tanks we have gone down a hell lot...though I doubt the figures here...

Last edited:

Victor Sierra

Country flag
I was looking for information on two martyrs of Indian Army. But I'm not able to find how it happened. I can't find info on their operation or how they died.

Here is the info on the two soldiers, for whom I'm looking for:

Army Number: 2675741

Name: DEVINDER SINGH GULERIA

Date of Casualty: 30 Oct 2002

Operation: Not Available

Regiment Served: The Grenadiers Regiment

Unit Served: 16 GRENADIERS

Home State: Himachal Pradesh

Army Number: 9512294

Name: SAROOP SINGH GULERIA

Date of Casualty: 16 Jul 2002

Operation: Not Available

Regiment Served: Bengal Engineer Group

Unit Served: 61 ENGR REGT

Home State: Himachal Pradesh

Please do help me finding more info on our these two Martyrs.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles