Indian Army: News and Discussion

Fire and groove

Country flag
The only army fighting a real war is Russia, their experience can be of great help. We can learn a lot from them. It is with them that we should up training cycle be it armoured, snipers, drones etc.
Aussies actually can learn from us, its not the other way.
Russians are the worst source to be learning anything from. They don't have the expertise, institutions, nor the command structure to bring any meaningful insights to modern warfare, which is why they're in the pickle they put themselves into in the first place. And there's nothing the aussies can learn from us, they've trained and shared discourse with the US like NATO allies do and are quite up to date on warfare unlike us.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Russians are the worst source to be learning anything from. They don't have the expertise, institutions, nor the command structure to bring any meaningful insights to modern warfare, which is why they're in the pickle they put themselves into in the first place. And there's nothing the aussies can learn from us, they've trained and shared discourse with the US like NATO allies do and are quite up to date on warfare unlike us.
where can i find aussie army gallantry awards of past 10 years?

should give a clue into what kind of combat infantry operations they have participated in.

Fire and groove

Country flag
where can i find aussie army gallantry awards of past 10 years?

should give a clue into what kind of combat infantry operations they have participated in.
I couldn't care less about gallantry awards when the other side in question doesn't even have a proper NCO echelon in place with numerous breakdowns in command in control, initiated the war with the worst SEAD/DEAD planning i've ever imagined (where's the BDA??) and still hasn't achieved air dominance (and never will), portrayed the most amatuerish logistics chains one ever could with long lines of trucks and vehicles sitting in the open, no combined arms, troops that are mostly untrained and some of the worst operational maneuvers i've ever seen aside from that one guy who pulled off a sound retreat towards better positions before he got fired for being competent (and not towing Putin's delusions). I could go on and on.

The Aussies on the other hand have sound structures, doctrine and training pipelines along with the equipment. Experience is valuable when it's torn apart and systematically studied with expertise before being institutionalised, and it certainly doesn't have to be your own, that's just another source to draw data from.
The only army fighting a real war is Russia, their experience can be of great help. We can learn a lot from them. It is with them that we should up training cycle be it armoured, snipers, drones etc.
Aussies actually can learn from us, its not the other way.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The Aussies on the other hand have sound structures, doctrine and training pipelines along with the equipment. Experience is valuable when it's torn apart and systematically studied with expertise before being institutionalised, and it certainly doesn't have to be your own, that's just another source to draw data from.
sure, i am not lobbying for russia anyways.
it was simple question that was asked, and the question still remains.

And there's nothing the aussies can learn from us, they've trained and shared discourse with the US like NATO allies do and are quite up to date on warfare unlike us.
since this claim was made, might as well look into it. we don't know if the aussies who participated in the exercise feel that way, but it seems you certainly do.

Reactions: SKC

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
this is very important.
most of our guys only do the basic PT (Old guys don't even do that)
we need to introduce bigger gyms in units.
Although gyms are there but there are no equipments.
Na fuck gyms , just supply agniveers with good ol anabolic steroids for horses. Much cheaper than making gyms while those muscles will dissapper in 5 years , matching the conscripts contract 5 years service. WIll be a Dfi masterstroke

Soldier355

Country flag
Indian military equipment. In Delhi on Friday 26 January, a military parade was held in honor of India's Republic Day, marking the adoption of the constitution on 26 January 1950 and the acquisition of sovereignty from Britain. The military parade was hosted by Indian President Draupadi Murmu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi, guests from different countries, including French President Emmanuel Macron. For the first time, military women became the main theme of a military parade. For the first time, the parade was opened by 100 women playing Indian national musical instruments. India's military equipment is quite diverse, as defense products are purchased from 85 countries, the main suppliers being Russia, Israel and France. But there was little of her at this parade. The military part of the parade was led by Russian-Indian T-90S Bhishma tanks; the first Indian T-90S tank was assembled on January 7, 2004. Also shown at the parade was the Indian NAMIS missile launcher with the NAG ATGM, created on the basis of the Russian BMP-2, with a firing range of up to 4000 meters. Indian modification of the Russian BMP-2 Sarath. American-made Polaris RZR buggy. Indian Mahindra LSV armored vehicles with Spike ATGM. Indian all-terrain vehicle ATOR N1200 from JSW Group. Indian armored vehicles Kalyani M4. Indian 214-mm Pinaka MLRS with a firing range of the first version up to 40 km; these systems were also purchased by Armenia. Indian Swathi radar stations for detecting artillery positions, produced by Bharat Electronics, with a detection range of mortar, artillery and rocket shots of up to 40 km. Swathi radars were also purchased by Armenia. Indian mobile bridge vehicles DRDO Sarvatra on the Tatra T-815 8x8 chassis, with a range of 15 meters to create one bridge span. Indian electronic warfare system for combating drones. Improved Indian radio frequency monitoring systems. Indian MRSAM/Barak-8 medium-range air defense systems, created jointly with Israel, with a target engagement range of up to 90 km. And also the MRSAM radar used in the MRSAM air defense system.

Fire and groove

Country flag
sure, i am not lobbying for russia anyways.
it was simple question that was asked, and the question still remains.

since this claim was made, might as well look into it. we don't know if the aussies who participated in the exercise feel that way, but it seems you certainly do.
The Indian army isn't known for it's tactical expertise. The majority of our JCOs have no formal training for their role, standards are lax, unit structure and principle equipment is outdated and training isn't comprehensive.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The Indian army isn't known for it's tactical expertise. The majority of our JCOs have no formal training for their role, standards are lax, unit structure and principle equipment is outdated and training isn't comprehensive.
Austrahind is an inter-operability exercise among other things, as part of 2+2 co-operation between two governments.
aussies do have expertise in training, all 300 of them who gave training to iraqis in 2014 by the looks of it.

Fire and groove

Country flag
Austrahind is an inter-operability exercise among other things, as part of 2+2 co-operation between two governments.
aussies do have expertise in training, all 300 of them who gave training to iraqis in 2014 by the looks of it.
So is Yudh Abhyas technically, but the reality is that it's the US military teaching the Indian military tactics for the most part rather than some equal exchange. The exception here is when the army is hosting foreign units for jungle or mountain warfare.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
So is Yudh Abhyas technically, but the reality is that it's the US military teaching the Indian military tactics for the most part rather than some equal exchange. The exception here is when the army is hosting foreign units for jungle or mountain warfare.
i suppose any example you take, you start with the presumption that it is a one way street.
in this world view of yours, is there any scenario where Indian army is not the "lesser" of the two?

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Na fuck gyms , just supply agniveers with good ol anabolic steroids for horses. Much cheaper than making gyms while those muscles will dissapper in 5 years , matching the conscripts contract 5 years service. WIll be a Dfi masterstroke
Recruits have very good physical standards.
They lose this standard after few years

Fire and groove

Country flag
i suppose any example you take, you start with the presumption that it is a one way street.
in this world view of yours, is there any scenario where Indian army is not the "lesser" of the two?
It's in the comment you quoted, but yes, i don't exactly see much room for an equal exchange from an army that's still figuring out how to develop it's theatre commands, or how to introduce combined arms structures and mechanisms down to the tactical levels (i don't exactly see the Indian equivalent of FiST teams, even at the battalion level), or how having heavy weaponry like carl gustavs down to the section level instead of weapon sections attached to platoons is detrimental to the sections tactical flexibility etc.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
It's in the comment you quoted, but yes, i don't exactly see much room for an equal exchange from an army that's still figuring out how to develop it's theatre commands, or how to introduce combined arms structures and mechanisms down to the tactical levels (i don't exactly see the Indian equivalent of FiST teams, even at the battalion level), or how having heavy weaponry like carl gustavs down to the section level instead of weapon sections attached to platoons is detrimental to the sections tactical flexibility etc.
why should the expert trainer aussies or expeditionary muricans be a bench mark for Indian army in the first place !!! alliance mechanism, defence doctrine, budget, AoR are all different.

it's an assumption on your part that the knowledge sharing is a one way street. your argument goes the distance because it is difficult to prove it otherwise.

Blackmamba

Country flag
Did the superior Yankee training lead to Afghan army surrendering to Taliban within days.
Or where they being trained on how to hang on to C 17 Globemaster when the Americans would run out of Afghanistan.

binayak95

Country flag
My man hasnt seen the kind of firepower one battalion of IA's regular infantry can call upon.

Guy praises US Army to the heavens but the same force doesnt have the stomach to finish any fight since before Vietnam.
The individual US Army trooper, on the whole, suffers from bad to pathetic morale, doesnt have the morals of a proper infantry soldier, and is incompetent.

Their tech, NCOs make up for much.

The US Army will win any fight that lasts 6 months or less - you drag on the war, they will pull out and go home.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles