Indian Army: News and Discussion

The Shrike

Country flag
The news mentions only I2 (which cannot be used in daytime), and if its one of those that can also be helmet mounted monocle it would not have any magnification (right?), but would make sense to have some magnification if it's going to be rifle mounted exclusively.
Anyways a small but significant step in the right direction for the much needed modernisation of the infantry.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Hope we go for 6x, also can they be used during the daytime (obviously when the I2s are switched off).
The news mentions only I2 (which cannot be used in daytime), and if its one of those that can also be helmet mounted monocle it would not have any magnification (right?), but would make sense to have some magnification if it's going to be rifle mounted exclusively.
Anyways a small but significant step in the right direction for the much needed modernisation of the infantry.
You can, but you need a special adapter or cover the front end of the sight and make holes on cover to allow a little light in , but it’s much more inferior to a day sight.
1640532490348.jpeg

“The AN/PVS4 also has a Day/Night adapter that allows sighting in of the units during the day time or for daytime operation of the sight. Under extremely bright nighttime conditions, it may be necessary to use this adapter.
The adapter consists of three hole sizes spaced evenly around the periphery
These pass by three larger aperture holes and three dark glass lenses to allow for six different levels of light reduction into the scope.
As a result, the AN/PVS-4 can be used in lighting conditions ranging from midday-sun in the desert, through to very-bright-moonlight and high levels of urban lighting”.
“The protective lens cover is the solution the innovators have come up with. The cover consists of calculated holes to restrict the amount of light entering the binoculars. Only a limited amount of light can enter the lens, protecting it from the damage of the intensified light during day time, making it suitable for daylight use.”

Last edited:

The Shrike

Country flag
You can, but you need a special adapter or cover the front end of the sight and make holes on cover to allow a little light in , but it’s much more inferior to a day sight.
View attachment 127860

“The AN/PVS4 also has a Day/Night adapter that allows sighting in of the units during the day time or for daytime operation of the sight. Under extremely bright nighttime conditions, it may be necessary to use this adapter.
The adapter consists of three hole sizes spaced evenly around the periphery
These pass by three larger aperture holes and three dark glass lenses to allow for six different levels of light reduction into the scope.
As a result, the AN/PVS-4 can be used in lighting conditions ranging from midday-sun in the desert, through to very-bright-moonlight and high levels of urban lighting”.
Yeah that seems rather jugaadu yet suboptimal. BTW how do you "zero" a rifle mounted I2, add a red dot sight? (I think we have seen that setup used by Paras(?) with their Tavors).

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Its a truth that anti national elements are there in Kerala but in general Kerala people from all religion respect army..i think many are there in navy too, including prominent people like olympian Muhammed jabir, Abilash tomy(my village)and current navy chief, too many others..
Mallu Christians have a long going naval tradition
It also helps that the naval academy is just around the corner

pankaj nema

Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
India is building nuclear-hardened facilities in forward areas to enhance operational capabilities of forces. Tunnels for ammunition storage for Army and Air Force are also being taken up in a major way: Engineer-in-Chief of Indian Army.
9:46 PM · Dec 26, 2021

(Just in case tweet gets deleted) (Also copy and paste contents of the tweets coz Paki bots mass report our accounts).

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Yeah that seems rather jugaadu yet suboptimal. BTW how do you "zero" a rifle mounted I2, add a red dot sight? (I think we have seen that setup used by Paras(?) with their Tavors).
These sights usually have a reticle built in so they can be used in a standalone configuration so there definitely will be a built in zeroing mechanism.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
These sights usually have a reticle built in so they can be used in a standalone configuration so there definitely will be a built in zeroing mechanism.
What about this one? Seems interesting and costs very little.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles