Indian Army: News and Discussion

SGOperative

Country flag
Sorry, I don't know about these Ladakas.. I was born yesterday.

Today I am just wondering how these ladakas came to get trained in India have become better than those of their teachers ??

You know nothing, Infact you are just insulting India and its capability by glorifyings these third grade Hooligens for there bravery and superior tectics.

We are world best in mountain warfares, world best in hight altitute, one of best in jungle warfares, and countless areas like desert, plains, high plains, dry desert, rain forest, Urban warefare ......... Tell clearly where you need expertise from these Ladakas??
Ignorance is a bliss anyway you are the one doubting the capability of IMA/NDA/OTA instructors because these guys were trained here

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
All and good but how can ofb evolve. Never thought such a day in my life 😆. Helmet by OFB with rails, just how is that possible?? Though seriously, if they can get their act together, they can provide some pretty good products to the forces.
Not gonna lie, I like the camo by TCL, only if it's for only jungle terrain.
I hope our ofb and PSUs can become like Russian state owned defense companies.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Multi domain, multi service synergised & networked operations at #ANC. More snapshots from the DZ of the Shatrujeet Brigade landings as part of ANC rapid response capability

1640190128919.png

Rapid response capability ex by synergised application of Su-30; Jaguars; Para Bde & AFSOD direct from Agra; MARCOS; & ANC & mainland amphibious troops. Extremely successful multi-domain networked & synergised ex & landings witnessed & complimented by #CINCAN

1640190164666.png

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
All and good but how can ofb evolve. Never thought such a day in my life 😆. Helmet by OFB with rails, just how is that possible?? Though seriously, if they can get their act together, they can provide some pretty good products to the forces.
Not gonna lie, I like the camo by TCL, only if it's for only jungle terrain.
I hope our ofb and PSUs can become like Russian state owned defense companies.
Ok, so just checked, helmet by ofb can take hits from ak 20m away according to brochure. Perhaps this was made from tech transfer from major anoop designed helmet to stop ak bullets. If so then, pretty good achievement.
And to all guys who think there are no helmets which can stop rifle rounds, they do exist but only by a handful of manufacturers. Most of the armies dont really demand such helmets and are just content with shrapnel protection, demand leads development here. Now they won't be super light weighing around a kg, but that's what you have to pay for protection.
And I don't think companies which advertise their helmet to stop rifle calibre rounds do so without testing.

Sir pe tapla

Country flag
Ok, so just checked, helmet by ofb can take hits from ak 20m away according to brochure. Perhaps this was made from tech transfer from major anoop designed helmet to stop ak bullets. If so then, pretty good achievement.
And to all guys who think there are no helmets which can stop rifle rounds, they do exist but only by a handful of manufacturers. Most of the armies dont really demand such helmets and are just content with shrapnel protection, demand leads development here. Now they won't be super light weighing around a kg, but that's what you have to pay for protection.
And I don't think companies which advertise their helmet to stop rifle calibre rounds do so without testing.
Problem with these is lack of specification. Better they give out videos of tests if they are certain of their product.

For example, even if helmet can somehow stop SLR round, which travels faster and is larger than your AK round, will it be able to provide sufficient protection from the blunt force trauma after bullet impacts helmet?

Otherwise what is the use of a helmet which will stop bullet but blunt trauma will kill you anyways?

Not saying helmet is bad or good, it's just that we people have no way of knowing how effective the helmets are. Only our armed forces will determine that.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles