Indian Army MRSAM

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Will go through, but with what limitations is the question. If the range is reduced to 250km, we will need to buy more systems.
I don't think the range will be reduced, India will mix it up.

Get the Israeli technology of Radars, electronics and other sensors and mate it with Russian Missiles.

Like what India has done with Su 30 MKI.

PAK FA will also be modeled like that of su 30 MKI.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I don't think the range will be reduced, India will mix it up.

Get the Israeli technology of Radars, electronics and other sensors and mate it with Russian Missiles.

Like what India has done with Su 30 MKI.

PAK FA will also be modeled like that of su 30 MKI.
But the Russians are not giving us the long range missiles as per posts above.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

WolfPack86

Country flag
Well modi ignore Russians for long time and there is no news about nuclear submarines and fgfa fighters. Indian air force not keen on fgfa but they are keen on rafales jets.

nirranj

Country flag
I hope some negotiations going behind the screen to get some parts manufactured in India. Hope at least some launchers, certain missile components get manufactured in india. If the deal doesn't materialize it will be blow to our capabilities as the fighter cover is already dwindling.

Reg the purchase of half built admiral Grigorovich class frigates, I hope this is done as fast as possible. We need these ships as a stop gap measure as the Godavari is already decommissioned and the other two ships are scheduled for decommissioning. So we will be left with just 12 frigates until the first ship of project 17A gets commissioned.

airtel

Country flag
Russians want us to fund PAK-FA/ FGFA development for them without parting with stealth, avionics, composite material and Engine technologies.............there are no significant role of DRDO or HAL in the development of PAK-FA , They want us to produce under license with key sub-assemblies imported from them ..................we are not getting any significant technological benefit even after spending 6 billion dollars .............this program is not like Bramhos missile program .

Scarface

I think either Russia doesn't understand the implications of India falling into the western bloc or they have already deemed it inevitable for us to become allied with the west and hence are distancing themselves.

So be it.

AnantS

Country flag
Russians want us to fund PAK-FA/ FGFA development for them without parting with stealth, avionics, composite material and Engine technologies.............there are no significant role of DRDO or HAL in the development of PAK-FA , They want us to produce under license with key sub-assemblies imported from them ..................we are not getting any significant technological benefit even after spending 6 billion dollars .............this program is not like Bramhos missile program .
Actually quite like Brahmos, the Ramjet Engine tech is with Russia and not India in Brahmos.

airtel

Country flag
This is the reason Americans are giving us TOT of General Electric F414 , Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System , Avenger UAV , Apache, Chinook helicopters, Boeing is investing in India USA tried for India's entry in missile tech group (MTCR) , UNSC................Israel is giving its latest weapons , japan is investing billions of dollars at just 0.1 % interest rate............this year there is increase of 27% FDI in INDIA and our growth rate is more than china , we have started our own semiconductor fab with the help of Israel and lots of more technology & investment ......................,
these NATO countries are investing in INDIA , they decreased OIL prices to reduce profit of RUSSIA ( which is a major oil producer ) , now they are trying to reduce profits of china , that means this proxy war between NATO & CHINA-RUSSIA is beneficial for INDIA :balleballe:...........

but we should trust neither NATO nor CHINA they can do anything for their benefit .

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Well modi ignore Russians for long time and there is no news about nuclear submarines and fgfa fighters. Indian air force not keen on fgfa but they are keen on rafales jets.
The IAF is fast becoming a laughing stock. Raha is to be blamed for this. In his infinite stupidity, he agreed to 'female fighters'. Now he wants 'Rafales over FGFA'. Why do the other office bearers of IAF take this man seriously? He is a joke.

AnantS

Country flag
^Please US and others can never give the the level ToT Russia has given in Past, that too without any strings! Ask UK for that matter. Please dont gulp US or Russia propaganda as it is. There is no alternative to your own R&D investment. No amount of JV and screwdriver giri will make you superpawah. Period!

AnantS

Country flag
The IAF is fast becoming a laughing stock. Raha is to be blamed for this. In his infinite stupidity, he agreed to 'female fighters'. Now he wants 'Rafales over FGFA'. Why do the other office bearers of IAF take this man seriously? He is a joke.
No sipkey its a good decision to include women in Armed forces. You will have less glorification of Barkha type among young women. Most of Aman ki Asha crap find more support among women. Nationalism will be given a boost. I think its a good step. No gender is less or more. Our Indian forces need warriors,be it from any of our genders

Scarface

This is the reason Americans are giving us TOT of General Electric F414 , Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System , Avenger UAV , Apache, Chinook helicopters, Boeing is investing in India USA tried for India's entry in missile tech group (MTCR) , UNSC................Israel is giving its latest weapons , japan is investing billions of dollars at just 0.1 % interest rate............this year there is increase of 27% FDI in INDIA and our growth rate is more than china , we have started our own semiconductor fab with the help of Israel and lots of more technology & investment ......................,
these NATO countries are investing in INDIA , they decreased OIL prices to reduce profit of RUSSIA ( which is a major oil producer ) , now they are trying to reduce profits of china , that means this proxy war between NATO & CHINA-RUSSIA is beneficial for INDIA :balleballe:...........

but we should trust neither NATO nor CHINA they can do anything for their benefit .
I really want to know how your conclusion drawing process works.You start your post by telling us how NATO is investing a lot in our country and our collabs with Israel are doing good and how NATO is reducing Russia and China's profits

And then you come to the conclusion that Russia is beneficial for India ?

I mean no offence of course and neither do I disagree , but that's a very abrupt statement , comes out of nowhere.

And for the record we should trust no one including Russia,no one except ourselves.

airtel

Country flag
Actually quite like Brahmos, the Ramjet Engine tech is with Russia and not India in Brahmos

we have technology of BRAMHOS engine >>>> http://m.thehindu.com/news/national/batl-set-to-make-brahmos-engines/article2568440.ece

akash missile is also based on ramjet engine .

we should focus on scram-jet engine & according to this article we have scram-jet technology since 2006 >>> http://www.vssc.gov.in/VSSC_V4/inde...-articles/631-isro-supersonic-combustion-tech

and BRAMHOS 2 will use this engine .

airtel

Country flag
I really want to know how your conclusion drawing process works.You start your post by telling us how NATO is investing a lot in our country and our collabs with Israel are doing good and how NATO is reducing Russia and China's profits

And then you come to the conclusion that Russia is beneficial for India ?

I mean no offence of course and neither do I disagree , but that's a very abrupt statement , comes out of nowhere.

And for the record we should trust no one including Russia,no one except ourselves.

i said that investment & reduction in oil price is beneficial for India ( since we are importer ) , and yes we need Russia too , if we will be entirely dependent on USA , then they will use us ........like they used pakistaan ,iran ,saddam hussain , gaddafi etc.

in the kargil war they stopped GPS of both INDIA & PAKISTAN ,>>> http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ia-to-design-own-GPS/articleshow/33254691.cms

in all the previous wars they helped pakistan , how can we trust them ??

Scarface

i said that investment & reduction in oil price is beneficial for India ( since we are importer ) , and yes we need Russia too , if we will be entirely dependent on USA , then they will use us ........like they used pakistaan ,iran ,saddam hussain , gaddafi etc.

in the kargil war they stopped GPS of both INDIA & PAKISTAN ,>>> http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ia-to-design-own-GPS/articleshow/33254691.cms

in all the previous wars they helped pakistan , how can we trust them ??
I see,good to see how you think.

And I agree we can't trust the U.S but neither can we trust Russia,As you have yourself said,Russia has been economically barricaded by NATO,this means they are up for sale to the highest bidder to quote @Sakal Gharelu Ustad and China is the highest bidder right now.

They can't be considered reliable as long as they need China to Back them up Economically.

Trusting any nation is a luxury a non-aligned nation like India cannot afford.

If we were in NATO/western bloc or officially allied with Russia and China then we could have trusted any one of the sides but as a non-aligned nation we can't

Brood Father

Country flag
Lolz.....a tight slap to our cho@%#& govt and thanks for making a mockery of us
BC DAC approved some 5 billion ,Abe Russia se pooch lete kee vo dena chahtein hain kee nahee ...nikal pade muh utha ke ...

Scarface

Lolz.....a tight slap to our cho@%#& govt and thanks for making a mockery of us
BC DAC approved some 5 billion ,Abe Russia se pooch lete kee vo dena chahtein hain kee nahee ...nikal pade muh utha ke ...
This is standard procedure for Defence deal done on a Government to Government basis.

When dealing with private contractors then RFP is drawn.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
IAF has become a Babu organisation typical civilian one with pending files and projects. Their aggression has gone away and highly demotivated one.

Brood Father

Country flag
This is standard procedure for Defence deal done on a Government to Government basis.

When dealing with private contractors then RFP is drawn.
Yes , but then process should not be made public , you see we are going after a state of art technology and our prime minister went to finalize the deal , but instead we got nothing , even talwar frigates are also off the cards and lets not talk about FGFA , the less the better
The point is that these negotiations in which we are skeptical on how vendors will respond should be kept under the table , this will save us from embarrassment

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles