Indian Army Aviation Wing

Nirvana

The Damn Old Policy needs to be changed !! we Need a Squadron each of attack Choppers under Army aviation Corps Assigned to its strike corps

we have Army aviation Corps for some decades now , its just we are adding Lethality to corps By induction of Attack Choppers,Transport Aircraft's
The Air force should have no Problem with that , it's Aerial assets can support this Aviation Brigades very well in Battlefield

Government Needs to Intervene in this and Solve the Matter

Tomcat

i belive that all helicopter assest should be transfered to the Army But this interservice rivalry might cause us a war

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Some IAF officials at MOD ONLY ! are making troubles..

Majority of IAF official agree with Army..

The reply i got from a high offical few months back is " If logical and helps army or army feels that way than sure it must be "

Media sensational, Making a issue out of this, nothing serious !

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The logic is simple.

If there is a single command authority, it allows the synergy in battle.

The Land battle and its assets (whatever they are) should be controlled by the Army.

The air battle should be with the IAF. It means the strategic and tactical punch to prevent the enemy's strategical assets or tactical air asset coming into play in the war/ campaign.

And to control the whole war effort, there should be the CDS.

Killswitch

Country flag
Army should have these under thier wing:

All helicopters

Maybe 3 squads of ground attack aircraft

I dont see the big deal over this, seems common sense, but the IAF loves hogging resources and responsibility.....

Sad really, the country needs the forces to work together.

We need a Chief of defense staff to sort this crap out.

SpArK

SORCERER
IAF wants Army out of its airspace

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I would agree with GEN V.K.Singh about the IA tactical needs justifying acquisition of its own rotary-wing fleet. I suspect the IAF is just defending its own interests without really assessing the tactical picture.

SpArK

SORCERER
I would agree with GEN V.K.Singh about the IA tactical needs justifying acquisition of its own rotary-wing fleet. I suspect the IAF is just defending its own interests without really assessing the tactical picture.
Calling for IAF during immediate close support situations can be delaying.

Army is right this time.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Army aviation is a vital part of having combined arms capability. Joint force is difficult in India with the inter-service rivalry, since they are not resolving it let the Army get what they need.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
IMHO, the IA would be rendered more agility, flexibility and capability once it sets up its aviation wing. However it is the duty of the government to ensure that this process is smooth, unhindered and there are no disagreements on any side. This is the exact reason for which we have a Government. To straighten the wrinkles and increase harmony between the various agencies and the Armed forces. Very unfortunate that MoD is not doing its job as the father figure of the family in these matters.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
IMHO, the IA would be rendered more agility, flexibility and capability once it sets up its aviation wing. However it is the duty of the government to ensure that this process is smooth, unhindered and there are no disagreements on any side. This is the exact reason for which we have a Government. To straighten the wrinkles and increase harmony between the various agencies and the Armed forces. Very unfortunate that MoD is not doing its job as the father figure of the family in these matters.
Absolutely on the point..

But, One should have the knowledge abt Military ops and tactics so does its implication in present doctrine, How can babus have such knowledge ?

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Absolutely on the point..

But, One should have the knowledge abt Military ops and tactics so does its implication in present doctrine, How can babus have such knowledge ?
Yes Kunal sir, you are correct. The ones in power should know the capabilities of the power under their control. They should have the knowledge as you mentioned. I am of the opinion that the Armed forces can help them learn. They can do seminars, conferences, demos over and over again until and unless the babus are sufficiently aware of the rubrics of everything involving the armed forces. What do you suggest?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Yes Kunal sir, you are correct. The ones in power should know the capabilities of the power under their control. They should have the knowledge as you mentioned. I am of the opinion that the Armed forces can help them learn. They can do seminars, conferences, demos over and over again until and unless the babus are sufficiently aware of the rubrics of everything involving the armed forces. What do you suggest?
They wont attend, They needed to taken care from above, What is above ? babaus only..

I have no solution for them, This case must resolve by Airforce and Army only, Some one needed to shut up those IAF official at MOD, Majority of IAF is pro Army decision..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Indian Army Gunship..

The need Weaponry change..

LAU Rocket Pod

20mm NC 621 pods

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Now the Eurocopter wants VK Singh to be put under pressure

Latest Replies