Indian Army Aviation Wing

bhramos

Country flag
Is IA thinking to get Su-25/39 for its Army Aviation Wing!!!

Indian Army's plan to buy fighter aircraft monitored by Pakistan

ISLAMABAD: Pakistani armed forces, especially the army and air force, are closely monitoring the Indian Army's efforts to acquire a ground attack aircraft on its own, sources in the capital city say. According to reports from across the border, the Indian Army is trying to raise two aviation brigades that would consist of two squadrons each, one for attack and the second for surveillance, air observation for artillery and casualty evacuation. Not only that, the Indian Army has proposed to buy fixed wing fighter aircraft. In this regard, the Su-25/39 from Russia is being suggested.

Not surprisingly, the Indian Air Force is angry at the proposal, which it terms interference in its domain. Most importantly, it is a no-trust move in the prowess of the Indian Air Force, which insists that the army should turn to it for close air support while the Indian Army is not inclined to do so.

According to reports, the bickering between the two forces has gone to an extent where the Indian defence minister recently "urged the armed forces to reconcile differences on acquiring and using military assets" and offered to play "a limited role in finding reconciliation." The issue arose after the Kargil war, where both the Indian Air Force and Army fared poorly. While the Army had no idea about the occupation of posts, the air force could not hit the Mujahideen accurately. The MiG-21 did not work properly while the IAF was forced to adapt Mirage-2000 to the Himalayan conditions.

Reports published at that time said the Indian government pressed the IAF into action without employment of air campaign plan, which led to strategic blunders. The situation had forced the Indian Army to ask the IAF to stop its operations in Kargil and Drass sectors with Indian Air Chief Air Chief Marshal Tipnis rushing to Srinagar to explain why the IAF could not perform.

Sources said the IAF had lost a MiG-21, a MiG-27 and an MI-17 helicopter to the Pakistan Army's ground fire besides four MiG-21s, one Mig-27, one Jaguar and two helicopters in the Kargil theatre.

Sources said possible procurement of advanced Su-25/39 aircraft for close support operations and control over IAF helicopter fleet would give the Indian Army additional firepower while Pakistan will have to take certain steps in this context. These include strengthening the surface-to-air missile and anti-aircraft gun capabilities in the battlefield.

Indian Army's plan to buy fighter aircraft monitored by Pakistan

is true,can IA operate Su-25T? will IAF allow it!!!!!!

bhramos

Country flag
Getting the Su-25 (NATO Frogfoot) GAC would really help in troop support role and can reach the point of conflict quite easily and these planes will be less vulnerable than helicopters.

Much has been discussed in the already existing t-h-r-e-a-d: http://defenceforumindia.com/indian-army/15788-discussion-indian-military-aviation-wing.html
But what ever, Su-25 has lowest Maintainance, but will Russia sell its Advanced Version?
Are the Su-25 Lines open to buy newly produced Fighters......

pmaitra

Su-25 Frogfoot in Combat Over Georgia

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2008

Su-25 Frogfoot in Combat Over Georgia

Fast forward to the end of the clip and see if you can count the number of bullet holes these guys come back to base with. And if you understand any more of the pilot banter than "srabotal" and "kak ponyali", please let me know.

<VIDEO DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE>

Here is a pic from the video, via a Russian language blogger in Sukhumi, Abkhazia,cyxymu

Source: Russian Navy Blog: Su-25 Frogfoot in Combat Over Georgia

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Pakis browning in their shalwars already he he he

pmaitra

But what ever, Su-25 has lowest Maintainance, but will Russia sell its Advanced Version?
Are the Su-25 Lines open to buy newly produced Fighters......
Sure, why not? They are already selling/leasing us or even working with us with technologically advanced system, aren't they? Look at Su-30MKI, BrahMos, T-90, Shchuka-B submarine leasing etc., for example.

If it is new technology, we can setup ToT and make them here or buy refurbished Su-25s for cheap. That is IA's call.

thakur_ritesh

any chatter on this in the indian media?

i dont get the reason why such an important news should be coming in from a pakistani source.

if there is no such talk in the indian media, we might as well take it with a sack full of salt.

did a check on the net and only two sources show up. one, that pakistani article, and this thread.

one suspects the timing of the article with the just concluded commanders' conference, and the attempt at best looks to project the growing rift between IA and IAF.

bhramos

Country flag
any chatter on this in the indian media?

i dont get the reason why such an important news should be coming in from a pakistani source.

if there is no such talk in the indian media, we might as well take it with a sack full of salt.

did a check on the net and only two sources show up. one, that pakistani article, and this thread.

one suspects the timing of the article with the just concluded commanders' conference, and the attempt at best looks to project the growing rift between IA and IAF.
this may be because the ISI has more man power deployed in India then India does in Pak, so they get live info from Commender's room then us...

SPIEZ

Country flag
If I m not wrong this idea creeped up here, not a long time here. So i guess the source must be an avid member of DFI :)

Galaxy

Country flag
I read this news in morning, But didn't started the thread. As most of the Indian defence related news on this particular paki site are fake. :lol:

pmaitra

Somebody already suggested Su-25 in the other thread for IA Aviation Wing. I think it was Kunal, if I am not mistaken. Perhaps MoD is actually going through DFI and perhaps taking note? C'mon guys, Su-25 is not such a bad idea after all.

A.V.

I can officially say this big NO sukhoi or russia has never been approached for such deal ever , not even on talks list . I can confirm this as i have direct access to it .

the last thing was on paper was TU upgrades , never talked about SU 25 ever

debasree

Country flag
i think its a good idea ,lets have it ,i dont think russians have any obligation to sell it to us,but i think the assets in more need our n e sector rather than western sector.

A.V.

The IA was offered SU30 for its aviation wing 2 years back in 2009 but no follow up on that

pmaitra

Somebody already suggested Su-25 in the other thread for IA Aviation Wing. I think it was Kunal, if I am not mistaken. Perhaps MoD is actually going through DFI and perhaps taking note? C'mon guys, Su-25 is not such a bad idea after all.
I found that post:

SU-25, The best Choice!

888 WAR

There is no aircraft tough and strong as SU-25 frogfoot, who can take all and land back safely!!! :)

pmaitra

Su-25 can also take a lot of abuse. It can fly on aviation fuel, diesel or kerosene giving a lot of leeway to the IA. It is less sophisticated, reliable and quite robust. I don't see how anyone can go wrong with this baby.

Articles