Indian Army Armored Vehicles

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
@Dejawolf, Sorry but your measurement are approx not precious and some aspect of design are wrong..

There are three people here who were on Arjun MK1 that is Me, @sayareakd Sir, @shuvo@y2k10, None agree with you..

Last edited by a moderator:

Dejawolf

@Dejawolf, Sorry but your measurement are approx not precious and some aspect of design are wrong..

There are three people here who were on Arjun MK1 that is Me, @sayareakd Sir, @shuvo@y2k10, None agree with you..
did any of you use measuring tape when you were on the Arjun? No? Ask any armor crewmember in the world about the width of the turret on the tank they spent the last 3-10 years on, and NOBODY will be able to tell you the exact width. Ed williams, a former National guard US army tanker, who has spent several years as a US M1A1 abrams tank crewman had to use measuring tape to tell me the exact turret width so i could model the interior properly for steel beasts. and you're trying to tell me that by spending 5 minutes gawking at an Arjun tank you can tell me the exact width of the turret? i don't think so.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
You can say what you believe..

But the fact that apples are not oranges and it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out..

-------------------

Bottom line is what the previously told, Its a good work you done but they are not accurate enough & this is not my view but other two who were near or on the tank..

did any of you use measuring tape when you were on the Arjun? No? Ask any armor crewmember in the world about the width of the turret on the tank they spent the last 3-10 years on, and NOBODY will be able to tell you the exact width. Ed williams, a former National guard US army tanker, who has spent several years as a US M1A1 abrams tank crewman had to use measuring tape to tell me the exact turret width so i could model the interior properly for steel beasts. and you're trying to tell me that by spending 5 minutes gawking at an Arjun tank you can tell me the exact width of the turret? i don't think so.

Dejawolf

You can say what you believe..

But the fact that apples are not oranges and it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out..

-------------------

Bottom line is what the previously told, Its a good work you done but they are not accurate enough & this is not my view but other two who were near or on the tank..
accurate enough for what. it's certainly more than accurate enough to show how thin the turret sides on the Arjun are. it's simply physically impossible for the turret sides to be thicker than the estimate i made. all Main battle tanks are made on compromises, and designed for a specific form of warfare. this neccesiates thin side armour, for thick front armour protection, so they can withstand enemy tank rounds. some tanks like the leopard 2A4 sacrifice hull protection for more turret protection and high mobility, other tanks like the challenger sacrifices mobility for allround protection, the current configuration of uparmoured challenger 2 weights upwards of 74 metric tonnes..
the Arjun sacrifices side turret protection for more front hull protection, and higher frontal protection arc. and that's how things are..

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Re: Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

says the guy who puts a ruler to his computer screen, and claims it's more accurate than the software used to design and build the arjun...
Anyone can put a ruler on their screen and check the ratio of two different dimensions all by themselves with no one trying to mislead them with crooked explanations. that is thousand times fair compared to what you guys repeatedly try to do by intentionally misleading .

But I didn't try to cheat silly like the way you did with traffic markers and pixel lies hiding behind distorted 3d models with dimensions cooked up to suit your own BS pet ideas.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
a prime example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.
Go and pay for some lessons on perspective drawing. It will really widen your so called modelling skills(in case you have any!!!!!!!) rather than worrying about Dunning-Kruger effect!!!!

Be a pro and post honorable stuff. I studied eng and know what a perspective drawing and production drawing is all about.

That's why I just zeroed in on your mistakes and you ha no explanations.We can go back to ARJUN vs T-90 thread in this forum to conduct a debate once again . No need to troll endlessly here.

So I need not worry about any Dunning-Kruger effect sermons from you.

Thank You.

Last edited:

Dejawolf

Re: Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

Anyone can put a ruler on their screen and check the ratio of two different dimensions all by themselves with no one trying to mislead them with crooked explanations. that is thousand times fair compared to what you guys repeatedly try to do by intentionally misleading .

But I didn't try to cheat silly like the way you did with traffic markers and pixel lies hiding behind distorted 3d models with dimensions cooked up to suit your own BS pet ideas.
anyone can put a ruler to their screen, but its horribly inaccurate. CAD drawing is renowned for it's incredible precision. i was doing what you were doing, but with far more precision.

Dejawolf

Go and pay for some lessons on perspective drawing. It will really widen your so called modelling skills(in case you have any!!!!!!!) rather than worrying about Dunning-Kruger effect!!!!

Be a pro and post honorable stuff. I studied eng and know what a perspective drawing and production drawing is all about.

That's why I just zeroed in on your mistakes and you ha no explanations.We can go back to ARJUN vs T-90 thread in this forum to conduct a debate once again . No need to troll endlessly here.

So I need not worry about any Dunning-Kruger effect sermons from you.

Thank You.
i've demonstrated numerous times your blatant measuring errors, mathematical errors, and factual errors, i've made lists of the mistakes you've made. you're nothing but some teenage kid in your mothers run down basement, too poor to even afford a decent CAD drawing program, or image editing program talking about things you don't know anything about. i have absolutely zero respect for you and your trollish opinions.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@Dejawolf lets see if all your measurements are right or not, just tell me the height of the person in the pic. IF you can tell his exact height all your measurements are true.

militarysta

you are short of height but not much. So you see your measurements are not that perfect.
1,874cm?
I have not problem whit scaling but whit Arjun smoke granades caliber* :-/

* Ajrun has circa 81mm caliber smoke granades, but mesurment "luncher" of smoke granaders must have correst for some "barrel thickens" of those luncher. Per analogy to leo-2 it can be circa 85mm cal for 81mm granade so in that scenario guy on photos have circa 1,874cm hight.
Previous nuber range was given for wrong (smaller) Arjun smoke granades (79-80mm external luncher tchickenss)

Last edited:

militarysta

C'mon im puzzled how wrong was my mesurment made in 3min whit one in theory real diamension (81mm smoke granades so circa 85mm thick luncher) but on fast and without any checking.

BTW: If I only had Arjun wheel diamater or other on sure data...

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
81 mm Anti-thermal Anti-laser (AT-AL) Smoke Grenade

An instantaneous smoke screen capable of obscuring Electrooptic equipments has been developed by deploying a 81 mm caliber grenade. Similar performance can be achieved by filling this composition in ammunition of different calibers.

militarysta

OK, so in theory whole luncher have 2mm + 81mm + 2mm = 85mm at least or 86mm

Hmm are You so tall?
1,84-1,87m

militarysta

Btw -if this luncher have really thick barrel (3mm) then we have 3mm + 81mm + 3mm = 87mm and You are circa 1,88 tall IMHO.
Of course they willbe some error in mesurment.

OK, now im really puzzled - how really You are hight? :)
Im just crusious how big error is.

BTW: Consider the fact that on photo the men is standing "normal" not like peopel ussaly doing when they are checking how tall they are, I hope You consider this? And for mesurment hair on photo are included. So hight is with hair on hed top.

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
i've demonstrated numerous times your blatant measuring errors, mathematical errors, and factual errors, i've made lists of the mistakes you've made. you're nothing but some teenage kid in your mothers run down basement, too poor to even afford a decent CAD drawing program, or image editing program talking about things you don't know anything about. i have absolutely zero respect for you and your trollish opinions.
You never proved anything wrong. You have made so many mistakes in your drawings .
And you said first the distance between Tc's head and Vision block is 800 mm in the following photo.
I accepted that , since there is no point in denying everything said by the other guy and with that 800 mm measurement you gave I proved the LOS thickness for composite armor behind ARJUN's main sight is any where close to 900 mm.

SInce it did not suit your point of view you changed the 800 mm distance to 1200 mm.

the drawing given by PMAITRA fixes the turret length as 4.8 meters.

The opening cover for the crew hatch stands opened vertically at 2300 mm from from the back of the turret according to the scale provided by PMAITRA.

So my statement that the crew hatch and the driver seat below is at 2400(2500 mm if we go by PMAITRA's scale for the turret considering the total length of the turret as 4800mm) mm from the back of the wedge shaped cut out on the frontal turrret provided for sighting instrument. So my determination as follows is correct.

So from this 2400 mm deduct the distance between the Tc's head and Vision blocks and give me the LOS for armor behind the main sight and prove your credentials .
Please lets go to ARJUN vs T-90 thread to do this comparison.
It is the correct wy to conduct a debate, rather than throwing challenges like wrestlers do in WWF.

Last edited:

Dejawolf

you are short of height but not much. So you see your measurements are not that perfect.
hmmh, the numbers i get is around 179-182cm, determining the vanishing point in that picture is hell however, since there's no clear points of measure, not to mention there's warping in the image as well...

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles