Indian Army Armored Vehicles

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
The initial batch of:
09 IMPV
36 QRFV-Medium
45 QRFV-Heavy

Only thing missing is QRFV-Light which will be Mahindra ASLV that too 1300 in numbers.

So happy 🙂
one big question is not one single alsv has been seen in kashmir, i really wonder why tbf , maybe Un jawans are giving priority? , anyway all i can hope is we see it next year

Fatalis

Country flag
one big question is not one single alsv has been seen in kashmir, i really wonder why tbf , maybe Un jawans are giving priority? , anyway all i can hope is we see it next year
The contract has got much highlight so it will be seen for sure somewhere down the road.

The only thing I wished was if IA could have standard vehicles through out but guess due to different terrain and climate it can't be achieved.

Emperor Kalki

Country flag
So can WhAP. DRDO has already developed it, but it’s upto the user whether they want it or not.
View attachment 178519View attachment 178518View attachment 178514
Don't they already have these attached. If we look at the sides of the IPMV in the first pictures we ever got of it(from the production facility or something like that), I think we can see it without the armour panels bolted on. If I am not wrong all the later pictures from deployment and all had armour panels bolted on. I am not 100% sure on this though. Don't have the pictures handy. If anyone could find those and compare, maybe we can confirm.

STORE

The initial batch of:
09 IMPV
36 QRFV-Medium
45 QRFV-Heavy

Only thing missing is QRFV-Light which will be Mahindra ASLV that too 1300 in numbers.

So happy 🙂
Since Army says they already have 45 m4 in service, I saw somewhere that they ordered additional 40 during defence expo. Does tht mean the total Kalyani m4 is gonna be 84 in army ?

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
WTF? RAPIDs was done back in Gen Sundarji's time, no? It was his brainchild, although the conversion to RAPID stretched to late in previous decade as well. IBG is what RAPIDs will be dismantled and converted into. WTH is this guy talking about?
Now I am beginning to doubt his previous claims that all Mtn Divs have converted to IBGs.

Upgraded bmp 2 with spike missile and loitering munition
Ah yes, ofcourse. Why did I ever imagine that Avision Loitering munitions on the BMP-2 was something indigenous? Its just a screwdrivergiri from Israel in the end.

abingdonboy

Country flag
So can WhAP. DRDO has already developed it, but it’s upto the user whether they want it or not.
View attachment 178519View attachment 178518View attachment 178514
The IA is currently obsessed with ‘strategic mobility’ largely because they’ve failed to invest in creating suitable logistics and infrastructure in foreword areas hence they bemoan every additional KG

if they ever have to fight for real they’ll quickly realise the folly of this

U.S Skyker can be added with Appleque armour which increases it to STANAG IV. I have never seen such armour with IA so I doubt it.
That’s entirely on the user to ask for, almost every capability and product you see in the global market exists explicitly for a specific demand from a specific user. Almost no organic capabilities will be created, it’s all driven by the market

abingdonboy

Country flag
UN gives IA $$ so they’ll always prioritise them

anyway the contract was only signed last year. I guess it’ll be 2023 at the earliest before we see the first units from this contract.

i do find it weird that since they got the contract we’ve not had any updates from the IA or Mahindra for such a massive contract. No idea where these things are being made,production schedules or how many Will be made annually whilst M4 being ordered not even in 3 digits gets all this attention

NotASussyBoi

Country flag

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
Probably UN doesn't have L1 system 😏

Global Defence

New threads

Articles