Indian Army Armored Vehicles

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
U.S stryker is also STANAG level 2a.
maybe they can be uparmoured, if need arises.
there is a weight penalty on payload with up armouring as well.

Wht bullshit ....IMPV only STANAG II protection fr 16 Cr?
7.62x39 API rounds will tear through QRF with STANAG I with ease. They should have atleast given STANAG II fr QRF.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
U.S Skyker can be added with Appleque armour which increases it to STANAG IV. I have never seen such armour with IA so I doubt it.
until the beginning of this year, we didn't know that a version of WhaP called IPMV existed.

these days i am not too bothered about versions and upgrades, as long as IA has clarity on what they want, industry will deliver.

having domestic industry, frees up what otherwise are a lot of long procurement procedures.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Wht bullshit ....IMPV only STANAG II protection fr 16 Cr?
It’s almost half the cost of another comparable 8x8 APC from abroad. Your paying for additional mobility, better off-road capabilities. Can carry larger weapon systems, you can’t compare MRAPs and APCs. APCs can be uparmoured with modular armour blocks to increase protection levels which may not be possible with MRAP styled vehicles.

STORE

until the beginning of this year, we didn't know that a version of WhaP called IPMV existed.

these days i am not too bothered about versions and upgrades, as long as IA has clarity on what they want, industry will deliver.

having domestic industry, frees up what otherwise are a lot of long procurement procedures.
Wht exactly is the difference between Whap and IPMV? All I can see is the lack of water boarding capability and BMP Turret.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
U.S Skyker can be added with Appleque armour which increases it to STANAG IV. I have never seen such armour with IA so I doubt it.
So can WhAP. DRDO has already developed it, but it’s upto the user whether they want it or not.
1666610952728.png
1666610899706.png
1666610739049.png

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
So can WhAP. DRDO has already developed it, but it’s upto the user whether they want it or not.
View attachment 178513View attachment 178514
Iguess When they will feel the need, they will get it sirji

STORE

Not as efficiently, it will destroy their P/W ratio and mobility. They become unwieldy as seen in the picture you’ve attached. APCs like WhAP are built with this possibility from the beginning itself and then possible to do so more efficiently.
Iam was not comparing APC with MRAPS, both r necessary. My concern was tht why wait fr equipping additional armour when we have already seen results of U.S armoured vehicles destroyed easily in IRAQ by Insurgents, then as a response they added additional armor. We r mainly focusing on China who r better equipped than IRAQIS. So why wait until something happens to bring changes?

flanker99

Country flag
Iam was not comparing APC with MRAPS, both r necessary. My concern was tht why wait fr equipping additional armour when we have already seen results of U.S armoured vehicles destroyed easily in IRAQ by Insurgents, then as a response they added additional armor. We r mainly focusing on China who r better equipped than IRAQIS. So why wait until something happens to bring changes?
These are initial batches ..IA will probably give feedback to industry and modify accordingly..wait till mass orders are given

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles