Indian Army Armored Vehicles

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I still don't understand the idea behind the tank transporter's ? Aren't tanks meant to go anywhere and everywhere, and with tracks their effective ground pressure comes down, so they will be more lighter than the trucks that will carry them.

Also in the case of war, how will ammo, fuel be supplied to tanks once the original store runs out ?
Economy is the reason, a T-72 smoke out a liter in half a Kilometer , Tatra trasporter are more fuel efficient..

There is always a logistic chain connected to front-line units these chain keep up the supply from ammo dept to field area..

Are these the T-72's which have been upgraded or are they the old ones and I also have a doubt whether T-72's can match the tanks in the chinese army?
Sesha,
Follow this thread, I have mentioned abt Chinese and Indian army capabilities:

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-army/16694-indian-army-vs-pla-lac-information-thread.html

pmaitra

^^

Even LTTE used similar vehicles, i.e. modified tractors.

Honestly, these are worse than the Soviet Vodnik.

It cannot protect the occupants if a few people open automatic fire on this vehicle.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
This time around at DEFEXPO we had a new player bby the name of ares security vehicles who exhibited a number of uparmored vehicles and one Light Armored Personnel Carrier called the ASV PANTHERA

This is designed to be more of a Riot control/SWAT vehicle as it has ample protection from Projectile weapons upto RPG's Not for ATGM's, however it is not amphibious and it is also not Very mine resistant.
it is basically built using the Toyota Landcruiser 79-series Pick-Up truck as a base.

Last edited:

Blackwater

This time around at DEFEXPO we had a new player bby the name of ares security vehicles who exhibited a number of uparmored vehicles and one Light Armored Personnel Carrier called the ASV PANTHERA

This is designed to be more of a Riot control/SWAT vehicle as it has ample protection from Projectile weapons upto RPG's 9Not for ATGM's, however it is not amphibious and it is also not Very mine resistant.

can any body guess on which car or jeep platform this vehicle is based???

New threads

Articles