Indian Army Armored Vehicles

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Raytheon-built gunner's sight being proposed by Larsen & Toubro for the T-72M1 MBT upgrade. This same sight is also on offer by L & T as a panoramic target acquisition system for the NAMICA troop commander's vehicle. This sight will be mounted on a hydraulic mast on the NAMICA.

Asv panthera

This time around at DEFEXPO we had a new player bby the name of ares security vehicles who exhibited a number of uparmored vehicles and one Light Armored Personnel Carrier called the ASV PANTHERA

This is designed to be more of a Riot control/SWAT vehicle as it has ample protection from Projectile weapons upto RPG's Not for ATGM's, however it is not amphibious and it is also not Very mine resistant.
it is basically built using the Toyota Landcruiser 79-series Pick-Up truck as a base.
Please visit ARMORED CARS UAE - armoured cars, SUVs,Trucks & Buses to know more about "PANTHERA"

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Speaking about tank transportation....I had this question in my mind....

Why isn't the army vehicle and ammunition transporter's containerised.....Everybody can see when its open and the enemy can plan accordingly to attack....however if you transport something in a container nobody would know whats in it......hence the element of surprise can be maintained.....

What say you guys?
Oh, so that enemy comes to know about tanks and gets terrified and runs away.
As the tanks are required to fire as those can be ambushed in route.
To attain publicity as children would gather around to have a look at the tanks.
To solicit "Lassi " from the villagers.
To make it easier to sell the diesels from diesel tanks.
To load and unload without a crane. (jump off and run away).
Many more reasons

Blackwater

it is basically built using the Toyota Landcruiser 79-series Pick-Up truck as a base.
i.e this

Don't you think the Renault jeep is more suitable to Indian forces if introduced through Mahindra as they have JV. keeping in mind mahindra own sysyong based jeep has failed in army test

keertana999

I cam across this interesting but dated article on the SAAG website. It's an article by Subhash Kapila about the relevance about India's armored units. He argues for replacing them with Air Cavalry Brigades, since as per him Armored units are of limited use in the geographical terrain of the Sub continent's border regions.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I cam across this interesting but dated article on the SAAG website. It's an article by Subhash Kapila about the relevance about India's armored units. He argues for replacing them with Air Cavalry Brigades, since as per him Armored units are of limited use in the geographical terrain of the Sub continent's border regions.
It has been debated before, though i believe both are needed extensively with Infantry and there are many variation in Armour as well as aviation..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Don't you think the Renault jeep is more suitable to Indian forces if introduced through Mahindra as they have JV. keeping in mind mahindra own sysyong based jeep has failed in army test
BW, if you are talking abt the Renault truck it have hardly any use..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Last month Western Army began its summer training in Central Punjab and J&K to test and validate the operational and transformational effectiveness of its formations. The exercises have entered the culmination phase today. As part of the summer collective training manoeuvres, various formations of the Rising Star Corps comprising approximately twenty thousand soldiers, and a plethora of state of the art weapon systems are practicing manoeuvres by day and night under near war like conditions. The exercise envisages sustained manoeuvres, in a air land battle with complete integration of Air Force. The exercise aims to test the preparedness level of forces, as a part of the Integrated Theatre Battle. Employment of new age technology, new concepts, organisational structures and networked operations is also being validated.

Lt Gen SR Ghosh, General Officer Commanding in Chief, Western Command witnessed predominant battle manoeuvres of infantry, mechanised infantry, tanks, artillery, Heliborne troops and surveillance
equipment. Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and attack helicopters were also coopted in the operational scenario. Many senior military officers from Western Command and Rising Star Corps were also present to witness the battle preparedness exercise.

While the acquisition of high technology weaponry and war fighting support systems are important pre requisite to success in battle, honing the skills of the 'man behind the machine' to apply infinite technology advancements in the fog of war and extreme conditions was put to test during the conduct of the exercise.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles