Indian Army Armored Vehicles

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Is the FICV turret ready or is it just a concept as of now?
Don't know. Parts of it have been tested on Abhay ICV by DRDO such as all electric drive. Parts of it are still being designed or tested by DRDO, like that 700HP engine. And I remember seeing at least a mock-up in L&T when Modi visited there. TATA hasn't shown anything beyond this video I think. But its been a while. They might have tested some stuff out. We'll know for sure next year at DefExpo.

But I was saying that if TATA is uncertain about the FICV order, they can at least try to implement their FICV turret as a Tech Demonstrator and put it on the WhAP. That way they won't have to build the hull of the FICV just yet but they can still demonstrate technologies needed for two platforms: WhAP and FICV. Plus the turret requires a number of technologies (such as the CIWS-like 40mm capability they are displaying in their video), if they can demonstrate it right now, they could become a much stronger contender than someone relying solely on powerpoint presentations.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Must be...Tata Whap, Mahindra LSV sab UN main ghoom rahe hai....aur india hum...

View attachment 120451
UNPKF missions are the perfect ground to try out these vehicles. They provide good data in the conflict zones and also allow our forces to master the platform. Given that they're deployed in the unstable regions of the world, the forces will definitely give feedback to TATA, Mahindra, AL, Kalyani, etc. to make improvements.

This should also be the case for our other platforms - if we cannot get the UN to do stuff for us, we should milk it as much as we can until we can't and decide to leave.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
INDIA CONSIDERS READINESS TO BUY UP TO 500 T-14 ARMATA TANKS BY THE END OF THE YEAR
India is ready to sign a contract with Russia for the supply of T-14 "Armata" tanks

Due to the fact that the newest Russian T-14 Armata tank has received an export certificate, India is ready to conclude a contract with Russia for the supply of these heavy combat vehicles to the country's armament. Apparently, we are talking about a multi-billion dollar deal, since earlier information appeared about the intentions of the Indian Armed Forces to receive 500 tanks of this type.

Today, the military from India completely and completely trust Russian armoured vehicles, and against the background of an impending armed conflict with China, the acquisition of Russian heavy tanks capable of withstanding a direct hit from a large calibre and a UAV strike is very relevant for New Delhi.

Information about the purchase of 500 T-14 Armata tanks by the Indian military appeared in the Indian press in the middle of last year, however, due to the fact that the export version of this armoured vehicle did not exist, the deal was supposed to be completed in 2021.

It should be noted that today India is one of the largest buyers of modern Russian weapons, in particular, we are talking about the S-400 Triumph air defence system as well as the likely purchase of a large number of fifth-generation Su-57 fighters, as previously reported by the media.

In addition to India, it is also planned to sell Russian T-14 Armata tanks to countries such as Algeria, Iran, Belarus, etc., and a clear interest in combat vehicles is actively traced throughout the world, since today it is not only a promising tank, but and a perfectly protected combat vehicle capable of repelling the attack of superior enemy forces in defence.

To be honest, Frankly speaking, T-14 Armata is a very good option for The Indian Army.
I feel like Indian Army should Purchase T-14 Armata Tanks from Russia, in Numbers of 250+ in my opinion.
We should buy them in The Minimum number Required to Get TOT(Transfer of Technology) for The Tanks. Or we could explore other Options as well.
T-14 Armata is a very good and Decent platform but I feel it is a bit expensive though. Not much to say on this.
20211211_204213.png

Super Flanker

Banned
On Wikipedia it is claimed that Presidents Bodyguard(PBG) operates BTR-80s, is this true? And if yes, are there any pics?
Yes It may be claimed on Wikipedia That Presidents Bodyguard(PBG) operates BTR-80s but I myself have Checked on the Internet for Some Pictures to Support this Claim and I couldn't find a Single picture which :smile: Supports This Claim made By Wikipedia, so I doubt the Authenticity of it. At times Wikipedia is not always a Reliable Source.
2011_Moscow_Victory_Day_Parade_(360-06)_(cropped).jpg

Picture-(Russian BTR-80)

Super Flanker

Banned
Oh thank god, fucking finally. Still 100 is not enough. I guess this will be there to test Whaps in Indian conditions and further order will be given.
To be fair ,That Channel Called Indian Defence Updates is not always an entirely Reliable Source with regards to This Info. Can't always trust him, he Basically Narrates Articles of Websites like Indian Defence Research wing etc. Which itself is not always a Reliable Source to Say the least. So can't always rely on him with regards to such news in my opinion.

Sir pe tapla

Country flag
To be fair ,That Channel Called Indian Defence Updates is not always an entirely Reliable Source with regards to This Info. Can't always trust him, he Basically Narrates Articles of Websites like Indian Defence Research wing etc. Which itself is not always a Reliable Source to Say the least. So can't always rely on him with regards to such news in my opinion.
I wrote that on 24th November......

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles