Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Narasimh

Country flag
Can't we use them instead for cargo role, why so much adherence to international law.
I am sure , HAL can make them useable again!
it's under investigation by CBI and AW is blacklisted, so it can't be used by IAF. If the investigation sees any conclusion this century then maybe best case scenario they could be sold or auctioned off but the Italian family has to be protected so nothing will happen and they will rust and taxpayers money will be down the drain.

Kartooz

Country flag
Can't we use them instead for cargo role, why so much adherence to international law.
I am sure , HAL can make them useable again!
I am not completely sure of this information, but as far as I have read - the Indian government has been able to recover most of the contract money that was paid to Augusta Westland and that India does not own any of the AW101s that are currently parked at Palam. AW has been asked to take these helicopters away, but they have been dragging their feet.
So no, they cannot be used in any capacity as they belong to AW. Also, it is not easy to simply fly an aircraft that has been grounded for so many years without OEM parts and without the technical help of the OEM (the OEM we know is currently banned by India).

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Any idea of the terms for India's MQ9B purchases? Why was it at around $100 million a unit? Any cost estimate breakup would be helpful
It includes setting up of ground stations and other necessary infra that will be built from scratch, maintenance and spares, weapons and training and the drone itself.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles