Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
We are not paying more for mica’s we have indigenous options now this is ridiculous pricing
problem isnt that we lack tech its that we lack the system in numbers and air force knows better lets see whats the outcome of it iirc there are still some greek mirages too but dont know if we are interested in them too

Gandaberunda

Country flag
57mil per piece?🤡 you know that’s the cost of one brand new tejas right?
Tejas Mk1A is around $40m+ That’s the price you have to pay to maintain the existing fleet air worthy for another 10+ years amidst depleting squadron strength. Also mirage is loved by IAF they ain’t letting them rot without spares for any other aircraft’s like Tejas.
UN genrols MMRCA fetish and govt dragging foot is biting back our ass now.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Calm down those old mirages are for cannibalism of spare parts to maintain the fleet air worthy
Bro, You are misunderstanding me. I am the biggest supporter of buying these Mirage. Even if it cost 200 Million a jet. UN generals should go for it.

But it is all together another issue that same Indian Mirages has already been going under upgrade since 2012 for which UN generals had paid 3 billions usd. Though these upgraded Mirage already has become obsolete even before upgrade complete .

Now new Mirage to maintain spares parts. I don’t know who is stopping UN generals to buy only spare parts from original manufacturers.

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Bro, You are misunderstanding me. I am the biggest supporter of buying these Mirage. Even if it cost 200 Million a jet. UN generals should go for it.

But it is all together another issue that same Indian Mirages has already been going under upgrade since 2012 for which UN generals had paid 3 billions usd. Though these upgraded Mirage already has become obsolete even before upgrade complete .

Now new Mirage to maintain spares parts. I don’t know who is stopping UN generals to buy spare parts only from originating manufacturers.
I don’t think Dassault manufactures any spare parts of Mirage so IAF looking for cannibalism from existing aircraft’s from other Air Force. There was article even French wants to maintain their old mirages and talks going on with assault for upgrades. Whatever it is IAF is 🤡

vishnugupt

Country flag
I don’t think Dassault manufactures any spare parts of Mirage so IAF looking for cannibalism from existing aircraft’s from other Air Force. There was article even French wants to maintain their old mirages and talks going on with assault for upgrades. Whatever it is IAF is 🤡
Dassault stopped manufacturing Mirage jets but not it's spare parts.

It's simple demand and supply rule. Mirage jet have no demand so no jet manufacturing but it's spare parts are still in demand which is being manufactured by its subsidiaries.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
How does Martin baker knows about the ejection ....

Is there some systems

Or they depends on the declaration of the air force

I am curious if they can know it by themself ,then can comment on the crash of f16 or jf17 on Feb 2019

NutCracker

Country flag
French AF has already signed deal with Dassault recently, to maintain M2k upto 2040 something.

@BON PLAN any Idea how much cost was per aircraft ? Looks like amount isn't declared publicly.

NutCracker

Country flag

Is there some systems

I am curious if they can know it by themself ,then can comment on the crash of f16 or jf17 on Feb 2019
F16 uses American seat. Porkies got lucky.

Arad Operator

Country flag

Is there some systems

Bhai, Ejection seat is a critical component and especially after the shift onto 0-0 seats... No OEM shares ToT for maintenance and OEM have to be involved. A Plane can't fly if the seat is not upto the flying standards, when a plane crashes the user have to notify the OEM so they can cross out(in laymans term) the serial number and that no. gives it out that which seat was fitted in which aircraft!

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Bhai, Ejection seat is a critical component and especially after the shift onto 0-0 seats... No OEM shares ToT for maintenance and OEM have to be involved. A Plane can't fly if the seat is not upto the flying standards, when a plane crashes the user have to notify the OEM so they can cross out(in laymans term) the serial number and that no. gives it out that which seat was fitted in which aircraft!
Then in feb19 incident , no Martin baker seat got ejected

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles