Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

jai jaganath

Country flag

raju1982

Country flag

Most probably Chinese UAV or ballon. But why IAF was unbale to detect it on its radar before it was notified by locals from Imphal airport?

NutCracker

Country flag

Most probably Chinese UAV or ballon. But why IAF was unbale to detect it on its radar before it was notified by locals from Imphal airport?
Too small RCS , Material used in Balloons also doesn't help.

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
just my opinion (so dont triggered plz😝):-
IAF "should" go with this plan till 2040:-
1:- upgrade all 260 su 30 mki in 4.5 genration capabilities. that make 15 squad. although some says its 12 squad (whatever😂).
2:- upgrade all 40 tejas 1 in tejas mark 1a standard. nd make extra 97 tejas mark 1a. that make total 40+83+97= 220 aircraft or 11 squad.
3:- buy 114 rafale in MRFA deal. that make total 36+114= 150 rafale or 8 squads.
4:- buy 200 tejas mark 2. that make 10 more squad.
5:- i think AMCA only come in production near 2040. so i dont count it.
that make total 830 aircrafts or 44 squads untill 2040.
now i think its best to induct any 3-4 squad of 5 genration near 2030-35. only su 57 available for us, due to s400. AMCA will take its time, so we should hv two 5 genration aircraft induction plan like before.
agr su57 or any other 5 genration aircraft nhi bhi lena nd AMCA 2040 me available hoga,, tab bhi koi jyada problem nhi. hume apne SAM system ki quality nd quantity badani padegi. bhai america ke paas 5 genration 2000 se hai nd russia abhi bhi 4.5 genration nd high RCS sukhois ke bharose manage kr raha hai. same with chinese. kya america aaj bhi russian nd chinese airforce se, "unke airspace" me apne high quantity nd quality (5 genration) ke sath war jeetne ki garentee de sakta hai??? same thing indian nd chinese ke case me bhi apply hoti hai. chinese ke paas bhi america ki tarah, india se better quality nd quantity hai. just like USA, chinese bhi apne full force ko indian border pe nhi la sakta. due to allied force in south nd east champa sea😍(chinese sea🤮🤮) think about it.

Last edited:

Blademaster

5th ka ata na pata plans 6th gen ke
If the AMCA is coming out in 2035 and being fielded in production by 2040 and the 6th generation is coming out around the same time, it makes no sense for the AMCA. IAF needs to get its engine development program onboard and get cracking. India cannot depend on US or any other country for its engines.

NutCracker

Country flag
If the AMCA is coming out in 2035 and being fielded in production by 2040 and the 6th generation is coming out around the same time, it makes no sense for the AMCA. IAF needs to get its engine development program onboard and get cracking. India cannot depend on US or any other country for its engines.
Mid 40s for 6th gen. That's 23+ years from now .

Between 2028-37 we will start to field Tejas Mk2 , TEDBF , AMCA mk1 sequentially.
So for 6th gen AMCA we have good 20+ years years gap to build adaptive cycle engine by then in JV with Safran or alone. And decent 10 years gap between 5 and 6th gen jets..

For nomenclature they should call
115kN variant as AMCA MK1A
and 6th gen project as AMCA mk2

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
2040 ka bhi to ata pata nahi hai. These things have to be planned for very early stages.
They couldn't plan for 2020s what makes u think they will plan for 2040s 1999 se changes lane ki soch hi rahe he bas couldn't even let theaterization be success too.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
1701160274671.png

The Indian Air Force (IAF) is exploring the possibility of upgrading its fleet of 17 IL-76 strategic transporters through collaboration with Indian private sector companies and defense Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs). The proposed upgrade, which was initially discussed with Russia in 2018, aims to extend the operational life of the IL-76 aircraft by another 15 years.

At the heart of the upgrade lies the replacement of the outdated Soloviev D-30KP turbofan engines with the more fuel-efficient and less noisy PS-90a-76 turbofan engines. This change would not only enhance the aircraft’s performance but also allow it to operate on commercial routes.

The IAF is in discussions with Rostec, the Russian state corporation that controls the United Aircraft Corporation (UAC), regarding the direct supply of the PS-90a-76 engines to an Indian company like Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL). HAL would then be responsible for carrying out the required engine swaps and integrating the new engines with the aircraft. In addition to the engine upgrade, the IAF is also considering incorporating a digital cockpit to replace the older analogue instruments. This modernization would enhance the crew’s situational awareness and simplify the aircraft’s operation.

Global Defence

Articles