Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

blackleaf

Country flag
Not an option just speculation.

Even if it happens,there will be lots of condition for sale which would warrant a direct refusal to purchase them by India.

And it's the A version which is more economical and with less problem.

Large Anti Sh missile in any case lose the stealth advantage.
I can see the Americans having a problem with them being used against Pakistan but against China they would probably welcome Indian carriers with F35Bs.

The new American stealth missiles are very capable and the internal weapons bay can carry at least one.

johnj

Not an option just speculation.

Even if it happens,there will be lots of condition for sale which would warrant a direct refusal to purchase them by India.

And it's the A version which is more economical and with less problem.

Large Anti Sh missile in any case lose the stealth advantage.
Anti Sh missile - JSM/NSM carried internally by f35.

binayak95

Country flag
Better arm twist Russia for full TOT Mig 35. We mix it with our locally made components. Mig 35> F16
Oh fuck no. Not with just how expensive Russian birds are to operate, integrate with our sensors/armaments.

The Sukhoi 30 is the last russian bird we buy. Mark my words. The Russians have backstabbed us too many damn times. And not to mention their all weather iron birather chinkis are no go for us.

JBH22

RD-33MK engines onboard the Mig-35 are not particularly reliable as we have seen with the Mig-29K.
Best scenario is to get the Rafale, but I doubt we can afford it in large numbers. That leaves us with
F 21 and the Mig 35, for me the choice is MIg 35 on the condition there is full TOT from Russia.
The Mig platform can easily cross 2040s timeline as a low cost.

Blademaster

Oh fuck no. Not with just how expensive Russian birds are to operate, integrate with our sensors/armaments.

The Sukhoi 30 is the last russian bird we buy. Mark my words. The Russians have backstabbed us too many damn times. And not to mention their all weather iron birather chinkis are no go for us.
You been drinking the American koolaid too much, me thinks.

binayak95

Country flag
You been drinking the American koolaid too much, me thinks.
I can verbatim quote IAF coursemates and seniors about downtime of a Mirage squadron or a Jag squadron compared to the MiG29 (not bringing the Su30 here since its a huge bird and we dont have a comparable western platform)

I can also verbatim quote the ease of the Jag and Mirage upgradation/integration with other sensors compared to the circus aerobatics that Russian system integration is.

But I would rather not.

Of the post galwan videos, note the pics and vids we got from IAF sorties from leh. Note what kind of armaments MiGs and Sukhois were carrying and what the Mirages were carrying and think for your own self why there is a massive discrepancy.

Blademaster

I can verbatim quote IAF coursemates and seniors about downtime of a Mirage squadron or a Jag squadron compared to the MiG29 (not bringing the Su30 here since its a huge bird and we dont have a comparable western platform)

I can also verbatim quote the ease of the Jag and Mirage upgradation/integration with other sensors compared to the circus aerobatics that Russian system integration is.

But I would rather not.

Of the post galwan videos, note the pics and vids we got from IAF sorties from leh. Note what kind of armaments MiGs and Sukhois were carrying and what the Mirages were carrying and think for your own self why there is a massive discrepancy.
Then you got nothing because you are unwilling to back up your assertions with further facts but only innuendo and vague suggestions. It is like "I heard from my uncle's sister in law's cousin's nephew's fourth cousin's best friend who heard from a security guard or something and it is true".

Please back up your assertions with facts or you got shit.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Then you got nothing because you are unwilling to back up your assertions with further facts but only innuendo and vague suggestions. It is like "I heard from my uncle's sister in law's cousin's nephew's fourth cousin's best friend who heard from a security guard or something and it is true".

Please back up your assertions with facts or you got shit.
what's your contention, that russia has been a co-operative vendor?

Blademaster

what's your contention, that russia has been a co-operative vendor?
I do not deny that there are issues with Russian venders when it comes to a steady supply of spares and maintainability and escalation of costs. But I think it is an overall symptom of the Russian MIC and how they are adjusting to the post USSR world. They had been under the Soviet model for so long and it has taken them quite some time to adjust to the changing new world. Keep in mind, during the USSR period, India had no problem getting spares from the Soviet MIC vendors. Now, the Russian MIC vendors are finding out the hard way what works and what doesnt work and how to incorporate the hard learned lessons while building processes to satisfy the demands of their customers. It is not a smooth and orderly transition, that is for sure and there are massive corruption involved but I see that as inherent with any transitory movement from one model to another model.

Russia is still seeking to keep India as one of its main partners and customers. Russia has been the first one willing to share its technology and products. Of course Russia doesn't want to give up its know how & know why. What nation doesn't? But Russia still tries to accommodate India's needs and concerns to a vastly greater degree than most or all the rest of the nations.

Examples are Russia providing nuke subs, anti-BM missiles, air defense networks, armor, aviation, naval, etc. It is only recently that India had more access to more advanced technology from US and that is only because US started to change its outlook on India and think of India as a more compliant junior partner. Russia doesn't from a top view outlook. The problem with Russia is that its vendors don't conform with Russia's upper echelons of strategic thinking towards India. Its vendors are more concerned and focus on money & cash flow than keep its customers happy, i.e., short term thinking vs long term thinking whereas US and western companies may have understood the need of keeping its customers happy. I have some doubt about that because the western companies also engage in price gouging when it comes to spares. I.e., take no further look at the french companies charging a fortune in the Scorpene subs, Mirage upgrades, Honeywell engines upgrade costs (that was a US/British company), and etc. The western companies may be better than their Russian counterparts in keeping the spares supply pipeline running smoothly but the western counterparts have their own drawbacks and those drawbacks are more strategic in nature, such as sanctions and pressure on GoI to change their behavior or risk bricking its hard paid for military products to a degree that it affects the overall military posture.

I am not saying that India should only buy Russian products. I am just saying that India should keep its options open and available. It is the last part that US has a problem with when it comes to Russia. US is pressuring India very hard to make that Russian option go away and make it totally dependent on US and western companies and therefore be subject to US pressure tactics and conform to US interests and desires completely. This is the one thing that I find totally unacceptable for India and that I strongly advocate India to keeping its Russia options completely open and available. But that comes with a price. It means that India needs to maintain its customer status. Now that doesn't mean that India has to accept what Russia has to offer. India can and should communicate its needs and desires to Russia in a complete and persuasive way. The thing that most indian advocates for US/India relationship keep forgetting is that Russia is ready and willing to oblige India in that aspect. It is just that Russia has a learning period of making that happen.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Keep rejecting indigenisation products, keep sabotaging local projects and Keep pressing alarm button. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

These alarms more for import rather than any capability building. Just wait till 2027 we will hear hot air coming out from all holes of UN Generals.

Government should fire atleast 5 UN general every 6 months. UN armed forces has just become Indian Judiciary. No cure in sight.

Seriously I laugh on people who criticise or call Russia/China weapons junk. Seriously!! We behave like typical Pakistani..

Atleast Russia is Fighting war against NATO with their own junks and wining (Atleast for now) while all thanks to great Generals and thinkers, we have been kept ourself beggar in pursuit of world best technology.

Cheers.

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Keep rejecting indigenisation products, keep sabotaging local projects and Keep pressing alarm button. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

These alarms more for import rather than any capability building. Just wait till 2027 we will hear hot air coming out from all holes of UN Generals.

Government should fire atleast 5 UN general every 6 months. UN armed forces has just become Indian Judiciary. No cure in sight.

Seriously I laugh on people who criticise or call Russia/China weapons junk. Seriously!! We behave like typical Pakistani..

Atleast Russia is Fighting war against NATO with their own junks and wining (Atleast for now) while all thanks to great Generals and thinkers, we have been kept ourself beggar in pursuit of world best technology.

Cheers.
Russia is winning will be an exaggeration but I agree with everything else. If UN jarnail is unable to keep the forces ready for action they should be fired immediately.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles