Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
@Bleh I understand your argument was F-7 vs. Mig-21 and I went overboard here, but as Indians, let's not sabotage and distrust our own official statement and GoI. If you give fuel to half-brained Pakistanis here, they will make our life harder later.
Fine fine... Not like they need fuel from us anyway. They literally blew up some explosives to create craters that look nothing like Spice-1/2000 🤷‍♂️ And added a missing R-73 to their display with fake numbering that didn't match ours.

It's just that Paki Su-30claim seemed exactly similar to our F-16 claim to me. Both based on the fact that the aircraft disappeared from radars (while only a few seconds ago our own Mig-21 suddenly appeared in their radars because they were hiding behind Pir Panjal).
And people lie to save face (especially someone who may have disobeyed orders & crossed LOC to get a kill) & If there really was a splash then how come noone found the crash site on sat?.. Nothing leaked in 2 years from that crash cleanup?!! I didn't say these back in 2019 because these indeed need time to come out.

We thwarted them despite them successfully achieving local superiority... No extra points for kill ratio.

Last edited:

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
But no, govts lie to save face (especially one like 56inch) & they're Su-30claim seemed exactly similar to our F-16 claim to me. It's not based on anything else.
Both based on the fact that the aircraft disappeared from radars (while only a few seconds ago our own Mig-21 suddenly appeared in their radars because they were hiding behind Pir Panjal).
But no, govts lie to save face (especially one like 56inch) & they're Su-30claim seemed exactly similar to our F-16 claim to me
Agreed, in fact, current govt. has been strongly using military campaigns in scoring political points, this is despicable, to be honest.

Both based on the fact that the aircraft disappeared from radars (while only a few seconds ago our own Mig-21 suddenly appeared in their radars because they were hiding behind Pir Panjal).
No, please. That is what I was trying to explain.

Pakistani claim -
  • Su-30 downed because it disappeared from radar.
Counter-claim -
  • No radar evidence was presented.
  • No debris was recovered either from Pakistan or India.
  • Hiding debris in India is factually not possible due to the hostility of the Kashmiri population, densely populated valley, and good internet access (in fact, the crash of Mi-17V5 was immediately in news even before IAF got time to identify what it shot down).
  • Changing narrative of DG ISPR from 3 pilots (locals verified capturing of 3 pilots), 2 pilots, and again one.

At last, you are still free to believe what you want. Many military experts, retired personnel having contacts within forces as well as anti-BJP journalists never put a finger on the F-16 shot-down claim, but verified it instead.

ketaki

Country flag
F-7's aerodynamic performance is higher in almost all flight profiles, it's even lighter & has better visibility as well. Bison individually has better radar & bvr, but I'm talking platform... that's where Chinks introduced changes. Avionics are comparable in latest ones, with latest AIM-9 integrated to F-7.

Only Indians still believe it fucked a F-16 & we still have no concrete evidence, just radar data in a mountainous area which misguide Pakis about our Su-30 on the very same day. R-73 launched doesn't mean F-16 downed (in case you didn't know, R-73 fired from Tejas once failed to hit a dropping flare in training exercise). But that's beside the point here, just like it wouldn't mean Bison is better than F-16.
WVR fight is where you think j-7 aerodynamic perf might have an advantage...but with off bore firing capacity of bison helmet mounted sight can nullify that...i think

All that is IF bison does not shoot down J-7 with BWR fight where j-7 is not capable

Anyway...both these planes are on their way out and we are unlucky to not see them come face to face in a fight

Over n out

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
  • Changing narrative of DG ISPR from 3 pilots (locals verified capturing of 3 pilots), 2 pilots, and again one.
Yes. This is only valid point... Indian failure to locate a crash site despite it 👆 makes it even worse. Thst had it the search narrowed to 50km radius.
Their counterclaim is fog-of-war misreporting, which also can happen (we literally downed our own heli miles inside india). F-16 is robust it can fly back with shrapnel damage.

But lastly again, the job was done. No extra points for kill count ratio.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
And people lie to save face (especially someone who may have disobeyed orders & crossed LOC to get a kill) & If there really was a splash then how come noone found the crash site on sat?.. Nothing leaked in 2 years from that crash cleanup?!! I didn't say these back in 2019 because these indeed need time to come out.
I have been a staunch critic of Abhinandan's actions and his belligerence. He disobeyed the command, violated SoP, and let anger get better of him. But what he did not do is lie.

So how do you expect a pilot, all alone in the enemy country being shot down, to react after landing on the ground? Fear? Trying to escape?

Abhinandan landed and chanted "Jai Hind" in happiness. He got what he was chasing.

And regarding the crash site. If you notice, the crash debris falls sparsely, not making a big crater. The burning debris hardly makes a burn patch. It is easy to immediately douse the flames and cover/hide the area.

But did anyone try to find the crash site with military-grade satellites?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
But did anyone try to find the crash site with military-grade satellites?
Lol, no. They didn't even claim it was a engine failure crash or something, like usual (letting Pakis claim the kill 1st). Said "oNe piL0t MIA".

Fucking us here on DFI were discussing if Pakistan will try to highlight our air-space or plan and other terrorist attack... and the bloody IAF was scratching balls instead of having squadrons of Mig-29 armed for A2A.
And what sort of copilot abandons the lead in combat? The guy dodged the AMRAAM & simply went b2b.

PS: again F-16s have return to base despite significant shrapnel damage. Those things are sturdy.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Yes. This is only valid point... Indian failure to locate a crash site despite it 👆 makes it even worse. Thst had it the search narrowed to 50km radius.
Their counterclaim is fog-of-war misreporting, which also can happen (we literally downed our own heli miles inside india). F-16 is robust it can fly back with shrapnel damage.

But lastly again, the job was done. No extra points for kill count ratio.
Dude, please :dude:

Indian failure to locate a crash site despite it 👆 makes it even worse.
We did not try. Satellites take time to reposition and are predictable. Other countries like America or China did not bother, and if even they find, did not report. Many things can happen.

But the biggest, Indian Armed Forces did not think the public like you will question them and ask for evidence.

Woah! Now you support their absolutely absurd fog-of-war excuse?

Okay, let's leave DG ISPR. Follow ground-report and people who have physically apprehended the 2nd pilots, in case you claim ground people saw a ghost.
  • One video (if you really insist, I will link it, but will need some time for me to find it), an old man with a beard says he helped in capturing the 2nd pilot. He describes the pilot as a Sikh (turban on the head) with and a long beard.
  • In another video where they are taking bloodied Abhinandan through the streets, soldiers are chanting, "Let's get the second pilot too".

So unless you say, people apprehended a ghost, I have nothing else to say.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Lol, no. They didn't even claim it was a engine failure crash or something, like usual (letting Pakis claim the kill 1st). Said "oNe piL0t MIA".

Fucking us here on DFI were discussing if Pakistan will try to highlight our air-space or plan and other terrorist attack... and the bloody IAF was scratching balls instead of having squadrons of Mig-29 armed for A2A.
And what sort of copilot abandons the lead in combat? The guy dodged the AMRAAM & simply went b2b.

PS: again F-16s have return to base despite significant shrapnel damage. Those things are sturdy.
E7LYKjhVEAAz3-0.jpeg

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
We did not try....

...But the biggest, Indian Armed Forces did not think the public like you will question them and ask for evidence.
That's the (2nd biggest) fault here!... Not just me. Whole world is doing it. People ask for evidence. There is literally in not a single non-Indian out there that buys our story. Literally. None. Not even Russians themselves.

1st biggest fault was as I said... even amateurs like us on forums were talking about the inevitable Pakistani misadventure, but Indian Air Force was scratching balls basking in their achievement, when they could have laid a combined SAM, CAP trap & dropped a dozen off their bomb-laden Jf-17s...
That was my greatest disappointment on that day but it all got covered up in all this. I don't care about the degree of fuckup that much.

Last edited:

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
That's the fault here!... Not just me. Whole world is doing it. There is literally in not a single non-Indian out there that buys our story. Literally. None.
So what does it changes , really what does it .

Does it bring back f 16 ,or make the su 30 mki to crash , or the pakistan is growing and strengthening or flexing it's muscle , they are good st deception , that's a good point for them , but thst won't won them a war if they even want

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
So what does it changes , really what does it .

Does it bring back f 16 ,or make the su 30 mki to crash , or the pakistan is growing and strengthening or flexing it's muscle , they are good st deception , that's a good point for them , but thst won't won them a war if they even want
Edited 👆 Also I said exactly that in the post before it. No extra marks for kill ratio.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
That's the (2nd biggest) fault here!... Not just me. Whole world is doing it. People ask for evidence. There is literally in not a single non-Indian out there that buys our story. Literally. None. Not even Russians themselves.

1st biggest fault was as I said... even amateurs like us on forums were talking about the inevitable Pakistani misadventure, but Indian Air Force was scratching balls basking in their achievement, when they could have laid a combined SAM, CAP trap & dropped a dozen off their bomb-laden Jf-17s...
That was my greatest disappointment on that day but it all got covered up in all this. I don't care about the degree of fuckup that much.

ketaki

Country flag
... in case you claim ground people saw a ghost.
  • One video (if you really insist, I will link it, but will need some time for me to find it), an old man with a beard says he helped in capturing the 2nd pilot. He describes the pilot as a Sikh (turban on the head) with and a long beard.
  • In another video where they are taking bloodied Abhinandan through the streets, soldiers are chanting, "Let's get the second pilot too".

my friend, more videos you may have missed where local gawars are testifying multiple pilots

Knowitall

Dude, please :dude:

We did not try. Satellites take time to reposition and are predictable. Other countries like America or China did not bother, and if even they find, did not report. Many things can happen.

But the biggest, Indian Armed Forces did not think the public like you will question them and ask for evidence.

Woah! Now you support their absolutely absurd fog-of-war excuse?

Okay, let's leave DG ISPR. Follow ground-report and people who have physically apprehended the 2nd pilots, in case you claim ground people saw a ghost.

Also DG-ISPR if i am not mistaken said on live interview or tweet that they have 3 pilots in custody.

Now i would expect someone so high up in the command chain to not get affected by the fog-of-war. He was most probably getting reliable information but chose to lie deliberately.

It was only after the crash of mig-21 was confirmed did they actually calm down with their statements which makes you wonder what made them go nuts in the first place which makes we feel it was the F-16 crash that set them off.

Plus there are other sources like F-16.net and the lack of pictures of 2 seater variant.

ketaki

Country flag
Also DG-ISPR if i am not mistaken said on live interview or tweet that they have 3 pilots in custody.

Now i would expect someone so high up in the command chain to not get affected by the fog-of-war. He was most probably getting reliable information but chose to lie deliberately.

It was only after the crash of mig-21 was confirmed did they actually calm down with their statements which makes you wonder what made them go nuts in the first place.

Plus there are other sources like F-16.net and the lack of pictures of 2 seater variant.
Ghafoora literally made that sky high huge blunder WELL AFTER 2/3 DAYS OF INCIDENT ON LIVE TV

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Exactly this... Not much of trolling you have other 270 of those. And we didn't make any attempt to challenge them to fly all of their two seater variants (I don't know flow many of those the have tho, 17+4 right?).

Knowitall

I mean yea you are not wrong in a way.

There were some lapses and we did fare poorly on the cyber front.

The most recent wars that took place the ones in armenia and gaza provided us with a plethora of information and media which allowed the international community to analyze the ground situation.

In the era of information and cyberwarfare our ignorance of this new domain cost us dearly.

I would not say that IAF was "basking in its glory" rather the IAF stuck to it's ROE's and pre devised plans which were put in place to meet such contingencies.

Things went south because both the IAF and the civilian leadership failed to grasp the size and intensity of the incoming counterattack from PAF.

What was supposed to be a timid response turned out to be a squadron worth of jets( 16-17 if i am not mistaken) moving towards our military installations with the sole aim of launching a few bombs and returning back as fast as possible. Nobody expected them to escalate things to such a level and that was a folly on our part.

It was the size which resulted in our air defense grid being caught off guard not overwhelmed but off guard and i say this because the PAF failed in hitting any of military installations.

Everything after that was just stupidity.

What should have been a act of war (targeting of military installations) was brushed under the carpet and instead of a strong counterattack being followed the govt simply gave up on the whole thing.

This is why i always call balakot a knee jerk reaction that was put in place to calm the public because where we should have escalated we chose to back down because the objectives of the civilian leadership had been met.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles