Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Most of Chinese bases lack hardened shelters to protect aircraft on the ground, leaving them vulnerable to attacks. PLAAF Fighter squadrons cannot be permanently deployed due to rudimentary support infrastructure as a result squadrons at these bases rotate every 4 month.
Most of our eastern airbases too lack hardened aircraft shelters. I won't build my confidence upon this fact because Chinese probably can make them in 2 months, whereas we will most probably take something like 2 years.

Chinese inventory of plethora of long-ranged Flanker-based jets + Aerial refuelling will make sure they can largely negate this advantage of us.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
Most of our eastern airbases too lack hardened aircraft shelters. I won't build my confidence upon this fact because Chinese probably can make them in 2 months, whereas we will most probably take something like 2 years.

Chinese inventory of plethora of long-ranged Flanker-based jets + Aerial refuelling will make sure they can largely negate this advantage of us.
We're much more favorably placed than the Chinese.

no smoking

Country flag
We're much more favorably placed than the Chinese.

Yes, from attacking point of view.
However, it also makes India defense more difficult: Chinese doesn't mind India has certain level of edge in the sky over Tibet after all there aren't many valuable targets in Tibet. However, if India can't absolutely control the sky, there are plenty of Indian targets close to the border and Chinese jets don't even need to get into Indian sky.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
Yes, from attacking point of view.
However, it also makes India defense more difficult: Chinese doesn't mind India has certain level of edge in the sky over Tibet after all there aren't many valuable targets in Tibet. However, if India can't absolutely control the sky, there are plenty of Indian targets close to the border and Chinese jets don't even need to get into Indian sky.
The article is clear - we have a serious edge on defense as well. Whether it's the ability to destroy their logistics (they will heavily rely on transport of hardware and troops to the border), ability to easily withstand their attempts to saturate our airfields with ballistic missiles, ability to field more fighters (and better ones) with full loads, the sheer number of acclimatized and battle ready troops at the border 24/7, command of heights/terrain in many areas etc

Add in a new thrust towards border roads & infrastructure under the current Gvt + movement to fill up ammo stocks/reserves. And India is sitting pretty.

Indians really need to stop worrying so much about the Chinese. There's a reason they either lost or backed down in every confrontation since 1967 and had to stand down as recently as Chumar and Doklam.

Karthi

Country flag
The article is clear - we have a serious edge on defense as well. Whether it's the ability to destroy their logistics (they will heavily rely on transport of hardware and troops to the border), ability to easily withstand their attempts to saturate our airfields with ballistic missiles, ability to field more fighters (and better ones) with full loads, the sheer number of acclimatized and battle ready troops at the border 24/7, command of heights/terrain in many areas etc

Add in a new thrust towards border roads & infrastructure under the current Gvt + movement to fill up ammo stocks/reserves. And India is sitting pretty.

Indians really need to stop worrying so much about the Chinese. There's a reason they either lost or backed down in every confrontation since 1967 and had to stand down as recently as Chumar and Doklam.

They knew it very well , so they are developing a series' of UGAVs and UGVs , and extensive training in invading through tough terrains using UGVs and other automated Weapons. In the future we will battle with Chinese droid army. And their new H6 Bomber gave them enough Standoff capabilities , even without entering into the Indian airspace

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
They knew it very well , so they are developing a series' of UGAVs and UGVs , and extensive training in invading through tough terrains using UGVs and other automated Weapons. In the future we will battle with Chinese droid army. And their new H6 Bomber gave them enough Standoff capabilities , even without entering into the Indian airspace
Best of luck to them. If you know this, I'm sure the Army is cognizant and quietly working on strategies to counter this.

As for bombers with standoff capabilities - between Sukhois w/ AWACS killers and the S400 system - let's see how useful those prove to be.

Karthi

Country flag
Best of luck to them. If you know this, I'm sure the Army is cognizant and quietly working on strategies to counter this.

As for bombers with standoff capabilities - between Sukhois w/ AWACS killers and the S400 system - let's see how useful those prove to be.

Yes military know it , We need man mechine teaming to counter future War with China , Machines are vulnerable to hacking and AI powered Mechines may also vulnerable to Cyber attack , deciving , and possible Virus attacks , it all depends upon our technological capabilities . The usual Chalta he mentality will end up in another 1962 .

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
Yes military know it , We need man mechine teaming to counter future War with China , Machines are vulnerable to hacking and AI powered Mechines may also vulnerable to Cyber attack , deciving , and possible Virus attacks , it all depends upon our technological capabilities . The usual Chalta he mentality will end up in another 1962 .
Chalta Hai mentality isn't good, but 1962 will never happen again. I can say that without a single doubt in my mind.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

While that may be true, I don't have much hopes on our slow bureaucratic decision making and lack of communication between different defence departments which I'm sure will negate these advantages in the event of a war.

WARREN SS

Country flag
While that may be true, I don't have much hopes on our slow bureaucratic decision making and lack of communication between different defence departments which I'm sure will negate these advantages in the event of a war.
War Comes Under 352 Article

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
An IAF Do-228 had to abort take-off from Delhi’s Palam air base after a sudden tyre deflation. Crew safe, some damage to aircraft, towed off runway. Ops normal at Palam.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Is this the first IAF fighter aircraft crash of 2020 ? I am of the opinion that 2020 has been more kind to IAF than 2019 in terms of Fighter crashes..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles