India Strikes Against Pakistani Terrorism 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enquirer

No American business or strstegic interest in India is served with Pentagon wading into this F-16 saga. So I don't think the leak to Foreign Policy magazine was sanctioned by US government. It looks like individual personnel did it for their personal glory. I would even wager that there will be an internal investigation into this article.

The best strategy of the US government right now is to be silent (and it has been silent) on this tussle.
Her sources are also not the folks involved in the counting....she's heard from folks who're close to the folks doing the counting!

Also she claims:
"One of the senior U.S. defense officials with direct knowledge of the count said that Pakistan invited the United States to physically count its F-16 planes"

If Pakis indeed inviting US to come and count, they would have publicly made such a request (if there was no loss to F16s). Why would they privately make the request and expect US to reveal after the count? Isn't it logical for Pakis to fear that US (which has turned adversarial now) might not reveal the count info publicly? The best strategy for Pakis would be to publicly claim that they're inviting US to come and count - as a way to confidently say that there's been no loss in F16s.

Her story doesn't add up!!!

Enquirer

No American business or strstegic interest in India is served with Pentagon wading into this F-16 saga. So I don't think the leak to Foreign Policy magazine was sanctioned by US government. It looks like individual personnel did it for their personal glory. I would even wager that there will be an internal investigation into this article.

The best strategy of the US government right now is to be silent (and it has been silent) on this tussle.
Her sources are also not the folks involved in the counting....she's heard from folks who're close to the folks doing the counting!

Also she claims:
"One of the senior U.S. defense officials with direct knowledge of the count said that Pakistan invited the United States to physically count its F-16 planes"

If Pakis indeed invited US to come and count, Pakis would have publicly made such a request (if there was no loss to F16s). Why would they privately make the request and expect US to reveal after the count? Isn't it logical for Pakis to fear that US (which has turned adversarial now) might not reveal the count info publicly? The best strategy for Pakis would have been to publicly claim that they're inviting US to come and count - as a way to confidently say that there's been no loss in F16s.

Alien

In a Frustrated Attempt to let India Control pounding of terror and BAT Camps near LOC
1. #Pakistan is Spreading News of Closing of Terror Camps near LOC
Which they are Actually Shifting
2. Release of 100 Fishermen in its Custody ,if India completes some Formality
1. Wrong! IA obliterated those camps, porkis do not want to acknowledge that and spreading face saving news, they are closing those.

vampyrbladez

Country flag

Also she claims:

If Pakis indeed invited US to come and count, they would have publicly made such a request (if there was no loss to F16s). Why would they privately make the request and expect US to reveal after the count? Isn't it logical for Pakis to fear that US (which has turned adversarial now) might not reveal the count info publicly? The best strategy for Pakis would be to publicly claim that they're inviting US to come and count - as a way to confidently say that there's been no loss in F16s.

Unless there is an official statement with proof, no one will believe journo. I feel this is last minute hail mary by Congis as NYAY scheme failed and no one is talking about it.

Games Goblin

Country flag
But the video link to F-16 hangers sounds iffy! .
Planners believed the SEALs could get to Abbottabad and back without being challenged by the Pakistani military. The helicopters to be used in the raid had been designed to be quiet and to have low radar visibility. Since the U.S. had helped equip and train the Pakistanis, their defensive capabilities were known.

The U.S. had supplied F-16 Fighting Falcons to Pakistan on the condition they were kept at a Pakistani military base under 24-hour U.S. surveillance.
Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Osama_bin_Laden

Original source is from WSJ article, but it needs subscription to read fully

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704083904576334160172068344

Not sure if 24/7 surveillance covers F-16s acquired from other nations

Enquirer

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Osama_bin_Laden

Original source is from WSJ article, but it needs subscription to read fully

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704083904576334160172068344

Not sure if 24/7 surveillance covers F-16s acquired from other nations
As I said, it maybe true for the Squadron's designated hangers....but unlikely for video cameras to be in forward operating bases where F16s will cohabit with other aircraft.
(During Osama raid, the planes were definitely not in FOBs)

Games Goblin

Country flag
As I said, it maybe true for the Squadron's designated hangers....but unlikely for video cameras to be in forward operating bases where F16s will cohabit with other aircraft.
(During Osama raid, the planes were definitely not in FOBs)
But they will eventually make their way back to the designated hangars right? If anyone is missing, the U.S. would definitely know what went down.

Enquirer

But they will eventually make their way back to the designated hangars right? If anyone is missing, the U.S. would definitely know what went down.
That 'eventual' time hasn't come as yet. That would be only after the official de-escalation has happened.....which the Pakis have been begging India to do.....and also begging foreign countries to persuade India to do.

Enquirer

True however, US will keep its mouth shut and will not reveal anything, at least not till they declassify those info some 10 -20 years later.
Exactly!!! Pakis would know this full well, especially now that their relationship is not so good.
So the best way to get the information out that all F16s are fine is to declare publicly that they're inviting US to come and inspect....then even if US doesn't say anything they can always claim that there openness answers everything.
But to the contrary, Pakis made no such public claim. Very unlikely that counting has happened at all!!!

Darth Malgus

Country flag
Guys,
Too much of premature US bashing going on! US officially hasn't made any uncharitable remarks against Indian actions so far - in fact US has been very supportive.
US is also OPENLY fighting with China to blacklist Masood Azhar! So, folks should give credit where credit is due.
While it's might to logical to 'speculate' that US will want to protect commercial interests of Lockheed. US AND Lockheed both know that Indian relationship is a long-term strategic play. There's no reason why US will lie to protect Pakis.
There was no criticism of ASAT debris either from Pentagon (which actually tracks the debris).

Everyone should wait for official communication on the F-16 story. If I have to hazard a guess, there hasn't been any counting of F-16s as yet!!

Just think: Why would Pakis allow US (which Pakis now think is India's buddy) to come to its forward bases and let them count the F16s, and compromise their deployment strategy when India-Pak conflict has still not de-escalated!!! Even if US wanted to come and count, it's very likely that Pakis would demand US to force India to deescalate first!!
I agree, We are all jumping to conclusions here. Lets wait and see what US govt. claims. Most likely they won't claim anything and they will wait for the whole episode to die down. I wonder if this was an attempt by some outside power to sabotage the Indo-US relationship. After the US lead crusade against Masood Azhar in UN.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Also she claims:

If Pakis indeed inviting US to come and count, they would have publicly made such a request (if there was no loss to F16s). Why would they privately make the request and expect US to reveal after the count? Isn't it logical for Pakis to fear that US (which has turned adversarial now) might not reveal the count info publicly? The best strategy for Pakis would be to publicly claim that they're inviting US to come and count - as a way to confidently say that there's been no loss in F16s.

As I said in my post that you quoted it is in America's interest to handle this affair silently. On one side is their need to continue engaging Pakistan due to its steategic location and to ensure the safety of its nukes and on the other hand its bigger strategic interest in getting closer to India.

Enquirer

As I said in my post that you quoted it is in America's interest to handle this affair silently. On one side is their need to continue engaging Pakistan due to its steategic location and to ensure the safety of its nukes and on the other hand its bigger strategic interest in getting closer to India.
Exactly. If Pakis know that US would be silent about their findings....then Pakis would have made a big song and dance about inviting US to come and check (if there were any losses!).

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Exactly. If Pakis know that US would be silent about their findings....then Pakis would have made a big song and dance about inviting US to come and check (if there were any losses!).
Well the source of the article and the media company are all from America. So I'm sorry if I cannot get your train of thought here.

Last edited:

Sameer Chaudhary

...............................................................................................................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles