India Strikes Against Pakistani Terrorism 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

singhboy98

Country flag
What was that tweet. By the time I reached there, it was deleted.
Basically, ISI Pys Ops circulated a message on WhatsApp that Lockheed Martin had decided to sue India because IAF's false claim of the Bison shooting down the Falcon had severely damaged the reputation of their excellent avionics (and blah blah....). To be honest, the message looked like a parody message from the word go (kind of like the one which said 2000 note had GPS chips and shit). Don't know how a verified Twitter handle fell for it. But I guess inbreeding really has taken a toll on their mental health. Anyways, Lockheed Martin denied that claim upfront.

upload_2019-3-2_15-52-51.png

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...ms-about-suing-india/articleshow/68230167.cms

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
We are not going how people went about finishing Libya. And not even how people went for Cold War to finish USSR. We are mixing both. We will deliver to the world happy news in some time. Refusing is not even on cards.
As long as you have state actors protecting the terrorists you can never get enough contact time to finish them off. They will always retreat back to their area of protection. By destroying the government of Libya it enabled France to conduct operations against the terrorists unhindered. They try to cross borders in Africa but they cannot hide as we have forces over the entire Sahel. Daesh made the mistake of creating their own state which gave us targets that we could eliminate one by one. We team up with the Kurds and African stablisation forces so we don't have to use tens of thousands of boots on the ground. It is a long fight but when they attack your country you have no choice but to do it. You have to keep the pressure on all of the time and not let them reconstitute themselves.

India is afraid of suffering a Vietnam scenerio and I will tell you why France failed. We never destroyed the government nor did we get the support of the surrounding countries to help us finish them. These are the lessons we learned and why we will eventually succeed now. Opposing governments are destroyed and surrounding governments are assisting giving them no safe haven. India is rightfully worried that occupying Pakistan will be their Vietnam but you have to do it or this will continue ad infinitum.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
How does speed translate into assured kill probability? In fact its the opposite. High speed makes the missile more likely to miss. Read the first link I posted. BVRAAMs including the AIM 120 do not have stellar records. AIM-120 has a P(k)=0.5 for targets not employing sophisticated jamming (under operational conditions, although I agree that the data points are not that many).
I don't know... Maneuvering out if incoming BVRAAM's way sounds like dodging a bullet to me.

ROE is what 30KM or more of incursion and for debris to sure shot be on your side of fence? I bet IAF knows every detail from horse's mouth by now
Someone told me here that BVR isn't used for interception at peacetime, but only WVR after visual contact.

Makes sense given the Mig-21Bison engaged & not the Su-30s because they reached there first.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Yeah but they are scaling down to 20-30 bodies? I don't like it. Good they name Saleem.
Bro don't you know these islamic pakis? First they claimed nothing happened. Then, the lied 'Balakote' in POK was bombed, then they admitted indeed 'Balakot' in KPK was bombed - but only trees fell. Now news of their casualties are trickling in, that too of paki army officials! Don't want to write in details what this mean, but paki army and isis are caught pants down by Modi.

The 30-50 casulaties which they will eventually admit will be of those of - officials, paki army, security officials and other pakis not those of 100s of jaish e muhammad for obvious reasons!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi4r-6qnePgAhWBOY8KHaTGDKkQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https://www.cnbctv18.com/politics/eyewitnesses-say-indian-air-strike-on-balakot-killed-dozens-of-terrorists-including-former-isi-agents-2465611.htm&psig=AOvVaw3AIuEAsyhoMhy8UjDNYEOv&ust=1551608260534909

Last edited:

Novice

I don't know... Maneuvering out if incoming BVRAAM's way sounds like dodging a bullet to me.

Someone told me here that BVR isn't used for interception at peacetime, but only WVR after visual contact.

Makes sense given the Mig-21Bison engaged & not the Su-30s because they reached there first.

Sounds impractical to fire BVR on a close chase. a dog fight is already established as fact. Thing is, We are not officially at War. Why would you fire BVR when your WVR can see way past 10 KM of the LOC where they are allowed to fly fixed wing.More technicalities that experts can explain.

tomato

What do you think we received in German cargo planes ?

Ammunition ?
What kind of serous German war equipment's we have other than sniper rifles ...could be rifle munitions in large quantity.. forgive me if am being ignorant here.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
ROE is what 30KM or more of incursion and for debris to sure shot be on your side of fence? I bet IAF knows every detail from horse's mouth by now
Sorry, I can't understand what you are trying to say about the debris. Debris of AMRAAM? Please elaborate.

As far as I know, there is a 10 km no fly zone around LoC. So why would ROE be so lax, allowing F-16 to ingress 30 km? Unless the MiG-21 was not in position to intercept (I understand that it can't always be ideal interception right at the no fly zone, even if we have AEW&CS support).

I hope IAF puts out the details of the combat since Abhi sir is back. We'll have more clarity then.

I used to think the same. Then I read about BVR tactics and it made sense!! I had another link to a good resource on BVR tactics. I'll try to post if I find it again.

TejasMK3

Country flag
After Lockheed Martin Slap to Pakis, one more slap to them from Taiwan:

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3648621

Their fake news of AMRAAM missile being from Taiwan has been officially busted.

On Thursday, the Indian military showed a photo of the remains of a United States-made missile which it said could only have been fired from an F-16 fighter jet. The issue is sensitive because the U.S.-delivered jets can reportedly only be used against terrorists, not against other countries.

However, on Thursday, the Pakistani publication The Express Tribune reported the wreckage could have been part of a missile sold by the U.S. to Taiwan. The reporters tracked the identification numbers shown in the picture, AIM-120C-5 AMRAAM, to a U.S. Department of Defense list naming the missile as part of a US$2.38-million arms deal with Taiwan.

“How the wreckage of a missile sold to Taiwan ended up in the hands of an Indian military air vice marshal is something only New Delhi can explain,” The Express Tribune said.

The Air Force in Taipei said Friday afternoon that after checking the information, it had concluded that the identification numbers shown did not match any of its missiles, and were not compatible with any weapons systems in its possession, the Central News Agency reported.

In addition, the kind of weapons such as missiles supplied by the U.S. were for Taiwan’s own use and could not be sold on to other countries, the Air Force said.

Taiwanese media described the allegations Friday as a case of “Taiwan getting hit by a bullet while lying down.”

dude00720

Country flag
So zaid hamid tweeted that the Indian media is caught in its web of lies and that one of the birds shot down is not an mig but a sukhoi. Apologies if I'm breaking any rules because I'm new to these forums but has there been any noise to this effect? We haven't reported any missing sukhoi jets nor missing pilots afaik for him to claim it is a face saving move .
Just Reply to him saying. "Rohingya Kahin Ka"..

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Samjhuta resume s........normalcy..........

Jay99

Country flag
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles