Also their AIM 120 C are now a decade old

What is their shelf life
10-12 years depends upon year of prodution

I Don't think USA delivered them
All 500 AIM-120c in one go

Mean while they are now 4-5 missiles down

captscooby81

Country flag
For People who keep talking about we are less on ammunition. Please read what Gen Panag has to say . i think he has a very valid point . The generation of warfare has moved out from simple infantry to armoured to fighter jets to missiles . We fought 4 wars so far all 4 with different theatres
if we take Gen view i am sure our infantry will have sufficient ammunition to fight more than a month war , Its the other divisions we will be having deficient numbers and mostly the Cruise missiles is where we will be falling behind in numbers
RWAC.jpg

Indrajit

Country flag
You calculate defence budget by GDP. Barring capital expenditure, extra funds are always provided for major acquisitions.

Here is nuke sub deal.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...arine-deal-this-week/articleshow/68248638.cms

https://www.ccn.com/india-750000-russian-ak-rifles-nuclear-submarine-pakistan-crosshairs
Some purchases will happen always... They did even during the UPA. Doesn't change overall situation.

I think how you and I look at the economic situation, both with the country in general and armed forces on particular, are very different You are more optimistic and sanguine than I.

Also, if you are satisfied with the present state of affairs on the procurement front, so be it.

Let's agree to disagree.

tomato

Its kinda depressing that everyone is tom toming Terroristan narrative. Read a new article by aljazeera claiming new big resolution pics don't even show holes.

Now I am wondering if we attacked their military base.

The response since the bombing would be different if they bombed only trees. Even in their Parliament shame shame was going on :scared2:
Why am sensing you being a false flagger...

#freebalochistan

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Some purchases will happen always... They did even during the UPA. Doesn't change overall situation.

I think how you and I look at the economic situation, both with the country in general and armed forces on particular, are very different You are more optimistic and sanguine than I.

Also, if you are satisfied with the present state of affairs on the procurement front, so be it.

Let's agree to disagree.
Unless you have MiC, no amount of imports will be 'enough'. Steps taken by this govt. are very encouraging. Need another 5 years to solidify this approach!

S.A.T.A

Any talk about defense modernization is a non starter without serious focus defense indigenization. India cannot have a modern military, without a domestic defense industrial base. While China has always had the advantage of an efficient public sector, even in defense, India's chronically inefficient public sector means, we need to help accelerate the process of capacity building in the private sector.

Instead of allocating a lions share defense research funding to DRDO, ensure an equal share of the funds go towards projects that private sector wants to take up. Initially, as capacity building phase, let private sector pick easily deliverable products like assault rifles, infantry combat systems etc. But govt would need to guarantee that the order would only go to an Indian private sector. Once they have proved their capacity, they will be encouraged to for big ticket systems...

India is probably the only major power in the world with a woefully inadequate domestic defense industry. Why is DRDO involved in everything from small arms. MBT's, missiles, jet aircrafts, submarines, spacecraft. This is a project management nightmare.

Roshan

Country flag
Read news that barter trade along Loc has started with trucks from both sides crossing over? If that's true it's a sign of deescalation isnt it?.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Any talk about defense modernization is a non starter without serious focus defense indigenization. India cannot have a modern military, without a domestic defense industrial base. While China has always had the advantage of an efficient public sector, even in defense, India's chronically inefficient public sector means, we need to help accelerate the process of capacity building in the private sector.

Instead of allocating a lions share defense research funding to DRDO, ensure an equal share of the funds go towards projects that private sector wants to take up. Initially, as capacity building phase, let private sector pick easily deliverable products like assault rifles, infantry combat systems etc. But govt would need to guarantee that the order would only go to an Indian private sector. Once they have proved their capacity, they will be encouraged to for big ticket systems...

India is probably the only major power in the world with a woefully inadequate domestic defense industry. Why is DRDO involved in everything from small arms. MBT's, missiles, jet aircrafts, submarines, spacecraft. This is a project management nightmare.
You cannot develop a MiC overnight. It requires comprehensive investment with guaranteed workshare agreement. Let future projects be decided on SPP 2016 and ToT like DRAL Falcon jet factory!

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles