India S-400 Acquisition - News Updates and Discussions

Indrajit

Country flag
Trump did not go after India for s400 but I can bet Beijing Biden will almost definitely sanction India when the s400’s arrive. This maybe another strategic blunder by India. Russia is not on India’s side and now USA won’t be either.
What’s with this fear mongering? Turkey is being sanctioned because of Erdogan and the US having become tired of his caliphate ambitions. Who on earth will sanction India similarly. We are not an NATO ally and most of the sanctions of the type put on Turkey will have almost no impact on India but will severely damage perception of the Americans. While there are concerns with any possible restrictions, CAATSA has loopholes specifically created for the likes of India. We’ll just have to hope they use it.

I’m a supporter of better India-US relations but I would balk at allowing them to dictate what we can do with important countries like Russia. Iran was bad enough but trying to separate the Indo-Russian relationship in such a crude manner is suicidal for the Indo-US relationship.

daya

Country flag
That is why India should go for indigenous products. We should not look for Raymond's man. The indigenous products must be inducted and upgraded later on gradually.

Country flag
What’s with this fear mongering? Turkey is being sanctioned because of Erdogan and the US having become tired of his caliphate ambitions. Who on earth will sanction India similarly. We are not an NATO ally and most of the sanctions of the type put on Turkey will have almost no impact on India but will severely damage perception of the Americans. While there are concerns with any possible restrictions, CAATSA has loopholes specifically created for the likes of India. We’ll just have to hope they use it.

I’m a supporter of better India-US relations but I would balk at allowing them to dictate what we can do with important countries like Russia. Iran was bad enough but trying to separate the Indo-Russian relationship in such a crude manner is suicidal for the Indo-US relationship.
I wonder how deep US-India strategic ties can be ?? when Pakis are an obstacle??

shade

Country flag
You get sanctioned when you test or deploy the S-400. Thats what happened with Turkey.. If we get sanctioned big time.. then, we stop buying new equipment from either US or Russia..
We buy from France.. But, mostly even if not so good .. we produce and buy our own..
I understand our military needs super dooper a-one equipment like that of a first world country, inspite of India being a third world country. But, it would have bear in mind that its shopping list can be realized only by the geopolitical space India has..
Also, this dangerous overdependence on Russia, for arms imports needs to come to an end.. With Russia no longer being an independent player viz--viz India, and more often becoming a chinese lackey.. India needs to shape up..
Thats why Uncle Sam can’t be trusted. We should be Cautious as we export a lot to USA and their sanction could hurt us badly.
Only will be realized once the import loving clique is purged and so is the bunch of kamchors at the DPSUs
It should be spelled out to Burgerica that their firms here will suffer immensely if they sanction us for literally anything.

shade

Country flag
I wonder how deep US-India strategic ties can be ?? when Pakis are an obstacle??
They were not an obstacle until HilalePakistan raaj which will take over in 2021.

Then a line of thought will take root and become policy of filling Paki's katora and giving them arms( along with alms ) so that they don't become "overdependent" on China, and looking the other way while they do their terrorist g*ndmasti and applying pressure on India to not apply the stick on their precious "Ally" a la balakot or surgical strikes.

Knowitall

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

apparently the have warned us too and have not given us a exemption from CAASTA.

Let us see what happens in the future as biden administration will once again put pressure on Russia.
We should have purchased this secretly instead of a grand ceromonial way.

Knowitall

I think people need to understand that even under trump administration which was India friendly and hard on china and pakistan we were not able to operate and trade with Iran and venezuela which resulted in Iran ditching chabahar and tilting towards china.

biden administration has already started their gandmasti by naming indo-pacific asia-pacific and not mentioning quad etc.

they will most probably return to their traditional role that is operation in middle east and pressure on russia while using US weapon systems as leverage to stop us from taking any major actions.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
USA Can’t afford enemity with us as we have millions of Indians there, many defence deals, and ofcourse balance with China.

shade

Country flag
India does not have dual citizenship those are US citizens one should not have such delusions. they and their loyalties are with US only.
Even the illegals there are star spangled devotees lol.
I admire the Turkis in this regard.
In Germany their presence forces Merkel to keep cucking to Sultan Reccep Tayyep Erdogan.

In any case S400 is an exception, but we must speed up development of indigenous MIC, all phoren vendors are unreliable in the end.

Knowitall

In Germany their presence forces Merkel to keep cucking to Sultan Reccep Tayyep Erdogan.

In any case S400 is an exception, but we must speed up development of indigenous MIC, all phoren vendors are unreliable in the end.
we need to ditch both US and Russia especially after the statements made by Russia a few days back.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag

Although Russia does not put arms trade sanctions on India; it uses its dominant position and India's dependence on it to the hilt. I hope India gets sanctioned, and the armed forces behave like forces belonging to an under resourced third world nation, and stop thinking that they deserve the world's best tech. What stops them, from going ahead with limited induction of ATAGS, or Whap, and then improving them with time. They were already jacking off to dreams of inducting ARMATA..
All Indian stakeholders should get together, and ensure development of good enough systems, in large enough numbers...

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Thats US leverage against India.. We have 800000 despo Indians on H1B waiting for green card. Multiply it by 4 to include their family.. and it is 32 lakh people. This is huge leverage that America has over India. Image US deports 20 lakh Green card hopeful despos to India. What kind of political implications it might have on the ruling party..

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Thats US leverage against India.. We have 800000 despo Indians on H1B waiting for green card. Multiply it by 4 to include their family.. and it is 32 lakh people. This is huge leverage that America has over India. Image US deports 20 lakh Green card hopeful despos to India. What kind of political implications it might have on the ruling party..
Thats what I said, if USA will show hostility then India might try to stop its students and skilled dudes to go to the USA.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles