India S-400 Acquisition - News Updates and Discussions

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
@mist_consecutive @FalconZero @FalconSlayers @
Guys ,this Pakistani Guy on twitter is now saying that S-400 will be useless and what not? This is what he says:

Update for Neighbour in the East

Anger and outrage in Syria about Russian S-400 ADS not being able to defend Latakia port against Israeli air-strikes earlier today.

Russian military says S-400 ADS couldn't fire missile because Israeli jets were flying at low altitude.

Have we done a mistake by buying this S400 System?

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Guys ,this Pakistani Guy on twitter is now saying that S-400 will be useless and what not? This is what he says:

Anger and outrage in Syria about Russian S-400 ADS not being able to defend Latakia port against Israeli air-strikes earlier today.

Russian military says S-400 ADS couldn't fire missile because Israeli jets were flying at low altitude.

pakis dont understand that chinks are using s400 too and they are using inferieor copy of s400 :rofl::rofl:

FalconZero

Country flag

Please can you stop giving these attentionwhores attention. Don't care. Don't tag me.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Let them dude, rather I promote circlejerking among pakis related to their own retarded theories. The more deluded they become, the better for us. And please stop posting their retarded nonsense and stop tagging me to these mental diarrhoeas.

1971ftw

Country flag

Aha yes Because Kashmiris mountainous landscape is perfect for low altitude Arial warfare.

Regardless how much salt pakis are mining at the last hour keep in mind this is one of the best tech in the world better than anything Pakistan can hope to get their hands on

Super Flanker

Banned
pakis dont understand that chinks are using s400 too and they are using inferieor copy of s400 :rofl::rofl:
Guys, to be fair we should be a bit more serious about this and not take this seriously. Anyways how good is the EW(Electronic WarFare) Capabilities of the S400? I am dam sure that Pakistanis will Try and jam our S-400 systems.
Please can you stop giving these attentionwhores attention. Don't care. Don't tag me.
Bro it's not about Attention, I am dead Serious about such things. there are so many sources on the Internet Suggesting that S-400 is a failure and what not. I am just expressing my concerns and nothing else.
Aha yes Because Kashmiris mountainous landscape is perfect for low altitude Arial warfare.

Regardless how much salt pakis are mining at the last hour keep in mind this is one of the best tech in the world better than anything Pakistan can hope to get their hands on
Ok than bro🙂

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Israelis are known to be ingenious with their military tactics and execution. Some operations they concluded seem straight out of the James Bond movie franchise.

I wouldn't even be mad if Israelis were able to sneak inside S-400s defense.

But understand one thing. No system is 100% foolproof. I can shoot down an F-22 with a Mig-21 if the conditions are correct.
If you fly under the radars of S-400 (or any radar, really), you can escape the detection. Now, considering Israelis might have used low-observable F-35s coupled with heavy jamming, it is not unforgivable.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag

Fake news, it was due to SOPs. BTW if low flying aircraft/missiles are used, standalone s400 has range of detection around 40-50 km. IDK how much integration of s400 will be done with rest of indian air defence oor radar systems, but if properly integrated then no such limit exists. Also aewacs if interconnected neutralise this threat.

Super Flanker

Banned
Let them dude, rather I promote circlejerking among pakis related to their own retarded theories. The more deluded they become, the better for us. And please stop posting their retarded nonsense and stop tagging me to these mental diarrhoeas.
Yes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Israelis are known to be ingenious with their military tactics and execution. Some operations they concluded seem straight out of the James Bond movie franchise.

I wouldn't even be mad if Israelis were able to sneak inside S-400s defense.

But understand one thing. No system is 100% foolproof. I can shoot down an F-22 with a Mig-21 if the conditions are correct.
If you fly under the radars of S-400 (or any radar, really), you can escape the detection. Now, considering Israelis might have used low-observable F-35s coupled with heavy jamming, it is not unforgivable.
Than I guess I can take no tension. I had originally thought so but now after reading your posts, it's all clear to me. We too must develop tactics like the Israelis.
Fake news, it was due to SOPs. BTW if low flying aircraft/missiles are used, standalone s400 has range of detection around 40-50 km. IDK how much integration of s400 will be done with rest of indian air defence oor radar systems, but if properly integrated then no such limit exists. Also aewacs if interconnected neutralise this threat.
Hopefully what you say is True. Let's see. Because ever since s400 sensation is going on, these Porkis on Twitter and other social media are trying their best to downplay it.

Super Flanker

Banned
Till Pakistanis get F-35/J-20/J-35, I will sleep peacefully.
F-35 is a very big distant dream by Pakis and nothing else. There is no way in any kind of parallel universe that they will Possibly get their Hands on F-35.

J-20 is also Highly unlikely because J-20 is what to China as what F-22 is to America. America doesn't sell F-22s to even it's closest allies. Like that it's the same case with J-20 and China.

J-35 is a possibility and it's very much in the realm of reach of Pakistan Airforce. Maybe under project AZM of Pakis ,they will buy this Aircraft and I believe China will be more than happy to sell them this plane.

INDIAFIRST

Country flag
I want to ask does s400 has its own telemetry or we can do some indigenous tampering to suit our defence capabilities

Super Flanker

Banned
I want to ask does s400 has its own telemetry or we can do some indigenous tampering to suit our defence capabilities
I am not sure about this Though. But I doubt that we can do any kind of tampering to it. I don't think so that the Russians will allow us to do it.

I want to know though that if we can Indigenously do the Production of S-400 Missiles in India itself though.

These are the following Missiles of S-400 and their reported Ranges:
400 km (40N6E missile)
250 km (48N6 missile)
120 km (9M96E2 missile)
40 km (9M96E missile)
Maybe we could get Tech Transfer for the 40km and 120km range Missiles? Any idea?

@mist_consecutive @SwordOfDarkness @Lonewolf
Guys before you start bashing me, please note that I am just asking if the Russians will be ready to do TOT if we ask, I am not we should buy it compulsorily.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
I am not sure about this Though. But I doubt that we can do any kind of tampering to it. I don't think so that the Russians will allow us to do it.

I want to know though that if we can Indigenously do the Production of S-400 Missiles in India itself though.

These are the following Missiles of S-400 and their reported Ranges:
400 km (40N6E missile)
250 km (48N6 missile)
120 km (9M96E2 missile)
40 km (9M96E missile)
Maybe we could get Tech Transfer for the 40km and 120km range Missiles? Any idea?

@mist_consecutive @SwordOfDarkness @Lonewolf

Guys before you start bashing me, please note that I am just asking if the Russians will be ready to do TOT if we ask, I am not we should buy it compulsorily.
IDK, seems like a long shot. Missiles are probably the biggest thing for S400, Radars, software etc is something that may possibly be replicated by us. Missiles not so sure. Russians wont be too happy to sell critical tech. Can be bought if we pay them like crazy tho IG, like offer 5-10 billion more for TOT it might work.

Super Flanker

Banned
IDK, seems like a long shot. Missiles are probably the biggest thing for S400, Radars, software etc is something that may possibly be replicated by us. Missiles not so sure. Russians wont be too happy to sell critical tech. Can be bought if we pay them like crazy tho IG, like offer 5-10 billion more for TOT it might work.
If that's the case than I don't see any point of investing for TOT of S-400 air defence system. It's far better to put that money into the Development of your own Air Defense Systems. Anyways thanks for answering my query. It's also my belief that the Russians will be ready to give TOT only if we give them some really crazy amount.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
If that's the case than I don't see any point of investing for TOT of S-400 air defence system. It's far better to put that money into the Development of your own Air Defense Systems. Anyways thanks for answering my query. It's also my belief that the Russians will be ready to give TOT only if we give them some really crazy amount.
Yea, our own air defence systems are doing decently now.... New ones upcoming. S400 is a stopgap measure, we may not go for S500 (except maybe as some consolation prize for russians if we lean to much into american camp)

Super Flanker

Banned
Yea, our own air defence systems are doing decently now.... New ones upcoming. S400 is a stopgap measure, we may not go for S500 (except maybe as some consolation prize for russians if we lean to much into american camp)
S500 is a really good system (If we go by the stats as Claimed by the Russians)But in my opinion I don't think so that the Procurement of S500 might happen because the Americans might threaten CAATSA,I believe we may be getting a Waiver this time for S-400 deal but I don't think so that this will be the case with S500 though. Anyways as I said again, it's better to invest all that money into our Indigenous Projects.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles