India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayushraj

Country flag

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
if i remember correctly pakistan today has more 155mm guns than we have. they have much better submarines with aip . we need to outnmuber them in every place if we ever wish to fight 2 front war. .
Long gone are the days of IA out numbering porks on battlfield.in any conflict in future large amount of troops will be stationed near chinese border.we have to use qualitive and sheer firepower to win future wars and not count on the quantitive side

Abhay Rajput 02

Long gone are the days of IA out numbering porks on battlfield.in any conflict in future large amount of troops will be stationed near chinese border.we have to use qualitive and sheer firepower to win future wars and not count on the quantitive side
can you tell me which qualitive edge we have over chinese in artillery , fighter jets (except rafale) etc ? numbers are very important when you dont have the technological edge over your adversary.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
can you tell me which qualitive edge we have over chinese in artillery , fighter jets (except rafale) ? numbers are very important when you dont have the technological edge over your adversary.
We aren't gonna have a number advantage when you are fighting a chan in the mountains and pork in LOC

Abhay Rajput 02

We aren't gonna have a number advantage when you are fighting a chan in the mountains and pork in LOC
exactly my point but we should have a number advantage over pakistan in every sphere. which we sadly dont. with just 8.9 billion dollars exculding pensions and nuclear weapons can compete with our budget of 70 billion dollars(including pensions) and yet there are areas where they outnmuber us. it only highlights the pathetic state of MOD . MOD needs to be completely reorganised if we ever wish to fight 2 front war and hope to win. sadly 2 front war is now a reality.

ladder

Country flag
if i remember correctly pakistan today has more 155mm guns than we have. they have much better submarines with aip . we need to outnmuber them in every place if we ever wish to fight 2 front war. .
Pakistani military equipment never retire and never get outdated and never go out of service due to lack of spares.
Therefore they always will out number you.

MonaLazy

MOD needs to be completely reorganised
Not happening.. completely in the chokehold of babu-ns. Unless of course, we lose a war and over introspect & make drastic changes. Whatever little progress we see in procurement is thanks to a powerhouse China next door churning out military toys like rabbits. There again we fail to replicate the Chinese model (super charged domestic production), instead go for fancy global tenders and pitifully small acquisition numbers (poor country saar) then hide behind the fig leaf of qualitative superiority. Are we really hoping double digits of Rafale and Apaches will save us Ladhak should push come to shove? Sounds more like a prayer of the feeble.

Multi decades-long procurement processes and still ending up with lemons like AK-103, no result in MMRCA & so many others. The only thing they are good at is religiously coming out with a new mishmashed & confused DPP every year- being baboons. Forces are too low in the pecking order to complain and politicos too dependant on bureaucracy to effect change.

Last edited:

Abhay Rajput 02

Pakistani military equipment never retire and never get outdated and never go out of service due to lack of spares.
Therefore they always will out number you.
there artillery is good enough. there a100mlrs have more range than our smerch,pinaka mlrs. hell even north korea have better mlrs. its another matter that they can not fight for more than 2-4 days .

Last edited:

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
okay then why is IAF still flying mig21 ? there artillery is good enough. there a100mlrs have more range than our smerch,pinaka mlrs. hell even north korea have better mlrs. now thats another matter that they can not fight for more than 2-4 days high intensity war
He is talking about spares not age of platforms. Despite being old mig 21 are still combat capable.

ladder

Country flag
okay then why is IAF still flying mig21 ? there artillery is good enough. there a100mlrs have more range than our smerch,pinaka mlrs. hell even north korea have better mlrs. its another matter that they can not fight for more than 2-4 days .
We are flying 120 Bis ( modernised to Bison) out of 850 procured and produced. While they still are flying Mirage III that they procured used in 1960s.
( We were gifted a few bare bone jags for spares by France, just because they aren't in production, and here we are talking about Mirage III)
And spares of 203 mm Howitzer are still available to Pakistan?

We retired the 122mm D30 howitzer/ field gun. They are still using them. They are still using the 25 pounders and 75/25 pack howitzers.

A100 crown jewel? Yes they operate. If you go by Wikipedia they operate in 100s. If you believe that, good for you.

And North Korea? Why I be worried about what they operate. That's South Korea's headache.

Abhay Rajput 02

We are flying 120 Bis ( modernised to Bison) out of 850 procured and produced. While they still are flying Mirage III that they procured used in 1960s.
And spares of 203 mm Howitzer are still available to Pakistan?

We retired the 122mm D30 howitzer/ field gun. They are still using them. They are still using the 25 pounders and 75/25 pack howitzers.

A100 crown jewel? Yes they operate. If you go by Wikipedia they operate in 100s. If you believe that, good for you.

And North Korea? Why I be worried about what they operate. That's South Korea's headache.
you see you contradict yourself you are saying we have spares for mig21 but pakistan doesnt have for there 203mm howitzer ? plus do you knoow we imported m46 from soviets in 1968, yet we have spares . these are the same ones which are being upgraded to 155mm and called sharang guns .
true we did retire d30 but they also operate only 150 guns.
a100 - i have never said that they have 100 systems. they have 36. now tell me which mlrs outranges these 36 a100s . pluse how many smerch we have 62. pakistan even tested a new mlrs fatah 1 with 140km range this year.
i was just giving you an example of how far the world has gone. even a country like north korea have better mlrs with 190-200km. they are very good and we are still stuck with pinaka . chinese used these mlrs to intimate us

ladder

Country flag
you see you contradict yourself you are saying we have spares for mig21 but pakistan doesnt have for there 203mm howitzer ? plus do you knoow we imported m46 from soviets in 1968. these are the same ones who are being upgraded to 155mm and called sharang guns .
true we did retire d30 but they also operate only 150 guns.
a100 - i have never said that they have 100 systems. they have 36. now tell me which mlrs outranges these 36 a100s . pluse how many smerch we have 62. pakistan even tested a new mlrs fatah 1 with 140km range this year.
i was just giving you an example of how far the world has gone. even a country like north korea have better mlrs with 190-200km. they are very good and we are still stuck with pinaka . chinese used these mlrs to intimate us
We license produced Mig-21s, did the Pakistani's for 203mm howitzer?
So I haven't contradicted myself.

I know we imported M46 from Soviets and post Soviet countries in batches.
Out of 1000 imported only 500 ( 180+ 300) will be upgraded. And upgrade includes replacment of both barrel and breech block.

And few countries claim 290km range for their 300 mm guided rocket.
Those are crown jewel for countries who can't make ballistic missile and are affected by MTCR.

I am grateful you didn't mention Nashedi Nasr, 69 km Nuclear missile.

So you may be enamored by such progress, I am not.
Neither I am 'intimated' by such display. Indian Army too wasn't detered.
So, change the 'us' to simplify 'I'.

Abhay Rajput 02

We license produced Mig-21s did the Pakistani for 203mm howitzer?
So I haven't contradicted myself.

I know we imported M46 from Soviets and post Soviet countries in batches.
Out of 1000 imported only 500 ( 180+ 300) will be upgraded. And upgrade includes replacment of both barrel and breech block.

And few countries claim 290km range for their 300 mm guided rocket.
Those are crown jewel for countries who can't make ballistic missile and are affected by MTCR.

I am grateful you didn't mention Nashedi Nasr, 69 km Nuclear missile.

So you may be enamored by such progress, I am not.
Neither I am 'intimated' by such display. Indian Army too wasn't detered.
So, change the 'us' to simplify 'I'.
sir ji but how come we have spare for m46 but they dont have for 203mm howitzer. you see the contradiction.
ballistic missiles cost far far more than a rocket . an MLRS would be far more cost efficient than a ballistic or cruise missile.
nashedi nasr dont hold any value in my opinion with 69 km range .
Indian Army too wasn't detered. you are wrong havent you seen an article written by lt.general whose headline say match chinese mlrs with pinaka mlrs. they can target ladakh with mlrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles