India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
There is a vicious lobby working to blindly push indigenous weapons no matter armed forces want them or not...(am not against indigenisation)

but the amount of "Randi Rona" they do on social media & "spread misinformation" about foreign deals is astounding

for past many months I saw hundreds of Twitter & FB posts doing "arey mori maiya... ee ka ho gelo... $1 billion for 6 apache... fuck dude"

so let me put things in perspective... its $930 million exact for ... "6 apache helicopters, 2 spare engines, 270 hellfire missiles, 200 stinger missiles, untold number of 70mm rockets & 30mm ammunition" & training"

Source: US congress notification (https://www.dsca.mil/press-media/ma...ect-commercial-sale-ah-64e-apache-helicopters)

with the above... I don't find the $930 million price tag too much

but had the IAF acquired the six Apache... they would have come at about $800 million

& I will say this yaar... ye "alpha defence" naam ka "chuziya"... bahut saare "chuziyon" ko paida kar raha hai... ye bimari ban jaayenge aagey chal kar

SKC

Country flag
What are the chance's of 9/11 being an inside job than? as in this documentary itself the CIA guy mentioned how Mumbai style attack requires high level of sophistication ( resources, recce which is not possible for any terror group or individual but requires state apparatus ( intelligence agency + proper training etc ). here's a conspiracy , US deep state or some elements of it with there pets in islamic world specially sunni nations are involved in the mess. a terror attack on US soil benefits US military, defence contractors ( military industrial complex ) massively + call for war. it benefits russian & Chinese to. Post 9/11 we have seen trillions pumped into the system & it's still going strong globally. War is a big business. Since war cannot be fought directly now , you use other countries, proxies ( militias, terror groups etc )
Unlikely to be an insider Job.
See US gets lot of information on attacks on various institutions each day but hardly anything happens in reality.
They would have got some kind of idea about some kind of attack going to happen in mainland US but Few people would believe that some one will actually run down buildings with Planes! Hardly anyone could imagine such incident before it actually happened.
They were simply caught off-guard.

Last edited:

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
There is a vicious lobby working to blindly push indigenous weapons no matter armed forces want them or not...(am not against indigenisation)

but the amount of "Randi Rona" they do on social media & "spread misinformation" about foreign deals is astounding

for past many months I saw hundreds of Twitter & FB posts doing "arey mori maiya... ee ka ho gelo... $1 billion for 6 apache... fuck dude"

so let me put things in perspective... its $930 million exact for ... "6 apache helicopters, 2 spare engines, 270 hellfire missiles, 200 stinger missiles, untold number of 70mm rockets & 30mm ammunition" & training"

Source: US congress notification (https://www.dsca.mil/press-media/ma...ect-commercial-sale-ah-64e-apache-helicopters)

but had the IAF acquired the six Apache... they would have come at about $800 million

& I will say this yaar... ye "alpha defence" naam ka "chuziya"... bahut saare "chuziyon" ko paida kar raha hai... ye bimari ban jaayenge aagey chal kar
You have some correct points there.OFB R2 because of recoil or an unknown factor army didn't adopt it they went for an open RFI and selected sig716.OFB could have participated in that but no when sigs where purchased they started their our product is world class ours is cheap randirona

MonaLazy

put things in perspective... I don't find the $930 million price tag too much
:scared2:

How's this for perspective? :

Do this math: 22 AH-64E Apache helicopters in 2015 cost $2.1 billion, or Rs 14,910 crore, and six of these in 2020 cost Rs 6,600 crore.

In just five years, the cost of one helicopter jumped by 62 per cent.

Yes, about Rs 1,100 crore each is what the Army will pay for six iconic pure attack helicopters that come armed with the state-of-the-art weapon system and are a big boost to the military’s firepower.

If one does a basic calculation, then each IAF helicopter in 2015 cost approximately Rs 678 crore while the Army ones in 2020 cost about Rs 1,100 crore. This means that the six new helicopters cost about Rs 2,500 crore more.
Nothing in the world can justify this stupidity. I think the RR is well informed & well placed.

Take the case of any self-respecting military nation, anyone among US, Russia, France, UK, Germany, Japan or even China, how many military import deals do they cut?

The 2500 cr down the drain could have bought us 8 Tejas with lots of change to spare.

Last edited:

Waanar

Country flag

No no no.
If need be, push faulty gear to the Army and replace it as they scream their lungs off with the improved version.

Blindly pushing indigenous stuff when not in war is good as long as they get tested and improved.
The Indian Military is never going to accept any indigenous platform until it's forced down their throat. They will "test" it till it fails and order a batch of foreign stuff again and again and again.
The chain must be broken once to stimulate indigenous development.

The "vicious lobby" is doing good work.

DerBronzeLord

Country flag
This is related to Myanmar, not NE insurgency. NE insurgency is practically dead, with little ground support, and a dozen or so active guys, most of them hiding in Yunnan in China. Even if any insurgents against India got hold of this, they wouldn't be able to use these against the IA due to a lack of bomb-makers and manpower.

Myanmar EAO's on the other hand are getting a fuckton of weapons from the Indian side(GOI supported or not, I don't know). China is pushing with appeasing the military, but the other orgs in Myanmar are getting weaponry from India and Thailand.

https://t.co/C2q1mgH15B?amp=1

https://t.co/H1K0UVCJ4o?amp=1

Knowitall

Please don't start with his again.

Army has broken all records on making a mockery of indigenous weapons. People blame politicians for being corrupt all the time wait till they understand what is going on the armed forces. It is enough to make a grown man cry.

To give you an example:-

Apart from the regular user trials and general staff qualitative requirement (GSQR) evaluation, the Army also insisted for another round of trial fires named as user-exploitation. This was introduced for the first time for any system. After that, the pre-deployment firing exercise was again conducted on the guns ....Firing 5500 rounds in trials itself.

Dhanush has been subject to much intense trials as compared to any other weapon system. During the trials itself, as much as 5,500 rounds have been fired, which can be equal or even more than wartime firing, said sources.

These guys making a mockery of excellent Indian systems and worse are doing it in the open without giving a damn.

Cheran

Country flag
One country know just one thing that is jihad and nothing else.
They still want similar treatment like india
The unbridled audacity of these uppity beggars is beyond normal mortal understanding.

Imagine asking for a 10 year pact with a straight face with the expectation that these unmitigated nincompoops will be entertained.

This is beyond words.

Knowitall

This is the level of corruption in army.
View attachment 96001
People who keep shouting DRDO is wasting tax payers money don't know shit.

With limited infrastructure and limited funding they manage to come out with world class weapons like ATAGS while also including private players and giving the technology and know how at low costs to improve quality and delivery timelines while also expanding the private defense industry only to be scoffed at and told that your weapon has hit a defect because it had fired more shells in the trials than it would in wartime itself.

What's worse is that all this is taking place at a time when India is locked in a border conflict with China which most probably involves Pakistan too.

So instead of purchasing large amounts of indigenous equipment to fill our artillery shortage they are rather using this as an opportunity to push in imports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles