India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade

Country flag

Tridev123

Country flag
(((benefits))) to a certain clique in the defense procurement establishment of all types : uniformed, suited booted and khadi jacket wearing is the criteria behind imports vs indigenous.
Till the door of import is kept open, every indigenous product will be "inferior", "not meet requirements" and have "accidents", like in this specific case an Indian Excalibur variant would probably blow up inside the barrel of the artillery piece( to complicate the matter you will never know whether the import clique did some sabotage or this is OFB's "quality" engineering and manufacturing ).
I share your pessimism to a large extent. There are people at various levels in the system who love to promote imports.

But I believe realism is dawning among many that unwarranted reliance on imported weapons will only harm us in the long run. Supplies can be cut off in a crisis and the technology behind the weapons can leak to enemies. We have no control over either the production or the technology associated with it as everything takes place in a foreign country. The scare over the leak of Scorpene submarine technology comes to mind. Upgrades to the imported system will be at the mercy of the OEM and cost a bomb. The super expensive Mirage 2000 upgrade is a reminder(I am not targeting the French as this applies to all countries weapons). Spare parts of the imported weapons may be embargoed as the US does to many countries and the user blackmailed.

I don't understand the paranoid distrust of the Indian private sector by many in the administration. You can trust the firangi who lives far away but not our private sector companies which are owned and run by Indians with their families living in the country.

There should be no hesitation in involving the private sector in arms production as long as minimum criteria are met.

I don't advocate banishing the public sector as both the private and public sector have to work in unison to make India self-reliant. Obviously there is room for improvement in the running of the public sector but we have to remember that enormous costs have been incurred in establishing the public sector which cannot go to waste.

We have to recognise one important reality when talking about indigenous weapons. Many a times our indigenous weapons will not be able to match the latest Western arms in aesthetics or performance. That is OK and normal as no country can suddenly start producing state of the art weapons. The Chinese for however much we hate them followed a weapons development programme which laid emphasis on accepting and inducting indigenous weapons even if they were inferior to Western weapons. Ultimately this strategy has led them to increasing self sufficiency and boosted their arms industry.

As long as our indigenous weapons meet minimum standards they should be inducted. Our indigenous weapons can be improved in successive iterations like mk1, mk2 etc. We are starting to see this kind of approach in India now. Weapons like the Akash 1 Sam, Astra mk1 etc are seeing the successors in Akash mk2, Astra mk2 etc. Our Tejas has given rise to the Mk1a and the Mk2.

So we need to have faith in our indigenous weapons when they are a viable alternative. Hopefully there will be a change in the mindset of all three services and I am confident that our arms industry will rise up to the challenge.

Agreed, but I'd rather expend my precious Excalibur shells on the single malt Scotch sipping Pakjabi officer cadre.
We should try to have an indigenous version of the Excalibur shells.
Very expensive to import and I am sure our version will be cheaper and save us money in the long run.

Would be surprised if the DRDO has already not started a program for a desi version. Remember we successfully made a desi version of the US Weapon Locating Radar - the Swathi WLR used for locating enemy artillery positions.
If possible reverse engineer the Excalibur.

We need to do it quickly as I suspect the Chinese would be trying for an equivalent as well. Once China succeeds it will provide the same to Pakistan.

We don't need to depend on the US GPS as we have our own Navic IRNSS. The Excalibur shells rely on GPS signals to guide itself to the target.

shade

Country flag
I share your pessimism to a large extent. There are people at various levels in the system who love to promote imports.

But I believe realism is dawning among many that unwarranted reliance on imported weapons will only harm us in the long run. Supplies can be cut off in a crisis and the technology behind the weapons can leak to enemies. We have no control over either the production or the technology associated with it as everything takes place in a foreign country. The scare over the leak of Scorpene submarine technology comes to mind. Upgrades to the imported system will be at the mercy of the OEM and cost a bomb. The super expensive Mirage 2000 upgrade is a reminder(I am not targeting the French as this applies to all countries weapons). Spare parts of the imported weapons may be embargoed as the US does to many countries and the user blackmailed.
There is no "us" janab, there are only individuals who will get monetary and (((other))) benefits from an import contract, so work with other such individuals in order to promote imports, as a win-win for all involved.
These people do not think in a National Interest context, only personal and business interests.
What indigenous weapons push you see comes fully from the Modi government.

Cruise missile

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

I don't understand the paranoid distrust of the Indian private sector by many in the administration. You can trust the firangi who lives far away but not our private sector companies which are owned and run by Indians with their families living in the country.

There should be no hesitation in involving the private sector in arms production as long as minimum criteria are met.

I don't advocate banishing the public sector as both the private and public sector have to work in unison to make India self-reliant. Obviously there is room for improvement in the running of the public sector but we have to remember that enormous costs have been incurred in establishing the public sector which cannot go to waste.

We have to recognise one important reality when talking about indigenous weapons. Many a times our indigenous weapons will not be able to match the latest Western arms in aesthetics or performance. That is OK and normal as no country can suddenly start producing state of the art weapons. The Chinese for however much we hate them followed a weapons development programme which laid emphasis on accepting and inducting indigenous weapons even if they were inferior to Western weapons. Ultimately this strategy has led them to increasing self sufficiency and boosted their arms industry.

As long as our indigenous weapons meet minimum standards they should be inducted. Our indigenous weapons can be improved in successive iterations like mk1, mk2 etc. We are starting to see this kind of approach in India now. Weapons like the Akash 1 Sam, Astra mk1 etc are seeing the successors in Akash mk2, Astra mk2 etc. Our Tejas has given rise to the Mk1a and the Mk2.

So we need to have faith in our indigenous weapons when they are a viable alternative. Hopefully there will be a change in the mindset of all three services and I am confident that our arms industry will rise up to the challenge.

We should try to have an indigenous version of the Excalibur shells.
Very expensive to import and I am sure our version will be cheaper and save us money in the long run.

Would be surprised if the DRDO has already not started a program for a desi version. Remember we successfully made a desi version of the US Weapon Locating Radar - the Swathi WLR used for locating enemy artillery positions.
If possible reverse engineer the Excalibur.

We need to do it quickly as I suspect the Chinese would be trying for an equivalent as well. Once China succeeds it will provide the same to Pakistan.

We don't need to depend on the US GPS as we have our own Navic IRNSS. The Excalibur shells rely on GPS signals to guide itself to the target.
I think that RCI is developing GNC unit for ramjet powered artillery shell.

Krishnarjun

Country flag
I think this was part of bigger plan as pointed out earlier by many. Foiled timely :clap2:

Mods, please delete if already posted.

SRINAGAR: Three unidentified militants were killed and a civilian injured in an encounter with security forces in Pulwama district of Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday, police said.

Security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Tikken area of Pulwama district in the early hours of Wednesday following information about presence of militants there, a police official said.

He said the search operation turned into an encounter after militants opened fire on the security forces, who retaliated.

Two ultras were killed in the initial stages of the operation, the official said, adding a civilian also sustained injuries during the exchange of fire between the two sides.

The third militant put up some resistance before being neutralized by the security forces, he said.

The identity and group affiliation of the slain militants was being ascertained, he added.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Seriously when porkies or porki stooges like kashmirosint say that militancy is increasing in Kashmir after article 370 abrogation, and they will somehow retake Kashmir, I laugh at their intelligence! I mean we saw much worse days during late 80s and early 90s with Khalistan insurgency still not solved, militancy booming in Kashmir with Afghan mujahideen in the scene, our ally USSR being weak, US collaborating with Pakistan and hating on India, our army not at all well equipped. Still we stood strong and defeated them. Now with US being on our side, Pakistan economy in shambles, article 370 already removed, few terrorists left here and there, better equipment and experience with our soldiers, border being further secured with better technology for surveillance, anti drone systems being in process of deployment on LOC to counter paki weapon delivery quadcopters, it's just matter of time when all this will finish.
Yes it’s hard to take Trashmiri Jihadi apologists like Trashmir Intel seriously. I don’t understand why people connect abrogation of Article 370 with Islamic Terrorism and say removal article 370 will some how decrease Terrorism in Kashmir? I support removal of article 370 but it has nothing to do with terrorism but reintegrating J&K back into the union of India instead of it been a seperate state outside of the Indian Constitution.

Increase in Islamic Terrorism is a obvious effect to removal of article 370 since Muslims hate Hindus especially Hate institutions and people they think are Hindu or associated with Hinduism like the Indian Armed Forces, BJP, RSS and Modi.

They will take out there anger by joining Islamic terrorist groups. Jihadis were already cornered this so called increase will decrease by time or even if it increased again the Indian Army will deal with it. Indian Army has seen worse battles before this Isn’t even going to cause a dent.

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Which according to me is not a very good thing ! Or is it ?
Yes this was funny happened in Balakot, the Sukhois were detected from far away because of its huge RCS, then the PAF scrambled jets and Sukhois then turned back and then cause PAF to vector their JF17s to Bahawalpur where IAF had put a decoy formation of Jaguars, and then Mirage-2000 due to low RCS later appeared on Porki Radars out of nowhere suddenly and they came and bombed the Balakot camp. This confusion was the reason of successful IAF bombing.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Stopped Neflix due to their Indophobia and Hinduphobia, trust me guys not worth paying 800 / month. Torrent the shit out of them.

With a Kiss, Netflix Gets Tangled in India’s Religious Tensions
Nationalist leaders decry scenes in the show “A Suitable Boy” between a Hindu and a Muslim, at a time of rising interfaith conflict and government efforts to control online content
View attachment 69904
Danesh Razvi as Kabir and Tanya Maniktala as Lata in “A Suitable Boy.” A scene in which they kiss has roused Hindu nationalists against Netflix.
Lol 😂 They are trying to shove Love Jihad shamelessly right down the throats of the naive Indian Youth. Randiflix is full of these leftist islamist supporting woke garbage written by leftist Hindus and hidden jihadis instead of entertaining family shows or Crime Dramas which people can watch without any problems or politics over it.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Deadtrap

Country flag
BBC’s Ass is Burning right now please somebody sent them some Burnol.
So this Srivastavas Group have some sort of affiliation with Aglaya which is an Indian spyware company.
This was the brochure of Aglaya during one Govt arms exhibition.
F0A6E3E3-DE69-4A56-8ADA-EF0E314C20D3.png

21F98544-AC9D-4665-B720-7E6D6E58E228.png

This was it's booth

EC6544C1-6201-4928-8942-BCEBA69ED56B.jpeg

So yeah we do have knights working in silence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles