India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

Maveli

Country flag
Can these dams provide us geographical advantage to flood paki cities downstream in POK , in case of war , it would be major boost to affect their morale
Protocol I of the Geneva Convention classifies the destruction of dams to cause flooding in civilian population centers as a war crime. It was added decades after the Allies "Dambuster" missions in WW2.

I suppose we could make an argument that we didn't destroy the dam, just opened all the gates fully. But let's not go down that path.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Protocol I of the Geneva Convention classifies the destruction of dams to cause flooding in civilian population centers as a war crime. It was added decades after the Allies "Dambuster" missions in WW2.

I suppose we could make an argument that we didn't destroy the dam, just opened all the gates fully. But let's not go down that path.
Mutilating the enemy’s body is also illegal under the same geneva conventions, but Indian Army doesn’t give a fuck when they’re hunting Al-Bakis on the LoC :devil:

5E6EAD7D-A6E2-4538-9C04-0D629D05A6D9.jpeg

shade

Country flag
Mutilating the enemy’s body is also illegal under the same geneva conventions, but Indian Army doesn’t give a fuck when its hunting Al-Bakis on the LoC :devil:

Except Geneva Convention only applies to us, not to the Chinese and the Pakis according to liberunds here and their western masters, so no, no dam destroying or opening the gates fully.
We live in a reactionary country, where the govt only reacts because of public rage, and that's assuming its a nationalistic govt like Baba's

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
True, but then why flood their cities? Just dump toxic chemicals and biological agents downstream.
You’re going to poison the rivers which we consider sacred? Mother Sindhu is one of our own, one day we’ll get her free from Porkystani occupation.

Maveli

Country flag
You’re going to poison the rivers which we consider sacred? Mother Sindhu is one of our own, one day we’ll get her free from Porkystani occupation.
No, I wasn't going to do anything like that. But if we are willing to commit war crimes, there's little sense in drawing arbitrary lines.

As an aside, what happens on the LOC may not be subject to such regulations since no war is declared and enemy combatants do not wear identifying uniforms. But that is an academic exercise, and off topic.

As another aside, we already have other poisoned sacred rivers we should worry about.

mokoman

Country flag

he is talking about indian dams

Can these dams provide us geographical advantage to flood paki cities downstream in POK , in case of war , it would be major boost to affect their morale
found this on web

1024px-Indus_flooding_2010_en.png

Indus River flooding
According to the United Nations (UN, 2011), the severe flood in the Indus River basin caused the death of 1980 persons and affected over 18 million individuals across Pakistan.

i guess we will need large storage capacity , which we probably dont . but still if we looking to invade this will only cause us problems

Chinese will most def use this strategy against us , seem Assamese complain about upstream dams releasing water and causing floods in assam . they are also building several large reservoirs

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
No, I wasn't going to do anything like that. But if we are willing to commit war crimes, there's little sense in drawing arbitrary lines.

As an aside, what happens on the LOC may not be subject to such regulations since no war is declared and enemy combatants do not wear identifying uniforms. But that is an academic exercise, and off topic.

As another aside, we already have other poisoned sacred rivers we should worry about.
We can just say that due to inability to secure dams and constant attackby Pakistani sides on dams we had to open gates to reduce the water otherwise it would have been worse

Ayushraj

Country flag
Terrorist flag with our flag flying side by side
Even for US taliban is still not a terrorist organization
Even they had fought 20 years of war.

They are ruthless but taliban is sole power of afghanistan. After some years almost every country will recognize them.

When things wil stabilize in Afghanistan this region will definitely prosper just like uae due to their location but this will take time

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Even for US taliban is still not a terrorist organization
Even they had fought 20 years of war.

They are ruthless but taliban is sole power of afghanistan. After some years almost every country will recognize them.

When things wil stabilize in Afghanistan this region will definitely prosper just like uae due to their location but this will take time
Nah , Afghanistan will need a lot restructuring to prosper .

I guess , we should try to secure supply for BLA and TTP in Taliban weapons market and block Pakistani purchase for supply to pok

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Why do I feel that instead of Taiwan XI Jinping is gonna target us soon maybe sooner than what we expected.

Actually if china plays it's cards right it can Tactically work with us and make some sort of agreement with USA.

And for local population they can invade india and the consequences of that would be far far lower than what would have happened if they invaded tiwan.

Second thing is if above one can't get through and Russia becomes hell bent on keeping ukraine and west sanctions hurting it too badly. And west keeps united to leash of Russians then Russia will become far too much over dependent on china and in future conflict it's pretty much sure we will get serious issues with arms and support.
This is something which just snapped in my mind.
[

Bhairav

Country flag
Today on the anniversary of Balakot Airstrike, a video of mine on this topic that I had uploaded 3 months ago has gained 5.5k views and more than 530 likes. I want to say Thank you to all Deshbhakts for your support and Indian Armed Forces for their selfless service to our nation

Global Defence

Articles