India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

Kumaoni

Again, completely irrelevant to our discussion. We are talking about drones here, so who cares if the tangos drop immediately or not so long as they are dead??!!
They can escape. The fact is they should be dropping dead, they shouldn’t be waiting for one of their friends to come save them. Pains me cuz ISNAS has fucked up coin operations

Aspirant847

Country flag
why waste your time on these bullshit arguments man, there are more important topics to talk about if you really wanna have a discussion

Tridev123

Country flag
They can escape. The fact is they should be dropping dead, they shouldn’t be waiting for one of their friends to come save them. Pains me cuz ISNAS has fucked up coin operations
Since a lot of shitting on the INSAS rifle and its ammunition is taking place, has there been any comparative study on the performance of the OFB manufactured 5.56 *45 round and the NATO manufactured 5.56 * 45 round. As regards their penetration power and accuracy etc. How much does each round wound the adversary.

Is the NATO 5.56 round an technologically superior, high performance round.
And is the the OFB 5.56 round technologically inferior and a low performance round. Is it totally shit quality?.

Has an scientific analysis been done to validate the super duper high tech quality of the NATO 5.56 round vis-a-vis the OFB 5..56 round.

Or are assumptions being made without scientific proof to crucify the OFB made 5.56 round to suit the political agenda(bias) of the proponent.

Nobody's defending the INSAS but at least be unbiased and impartial in assessing it. Maybe the IPR of the INSAS should have been given to a guy like Baba Kalyani and his company should have been tasked to manufacture about 50% of the numbers needed by the armed forces. I am sure he would not be sitting on his ass but would have improved the rifle and removed the deficiencies by tweaking its design and ensuring that every rifle that left the factory was up to the standard quality wise.

I certainly don't see the Pakistanis openly shitting on their indigenously manufactured defence products. Even when they are defective.

Not saying that we need to blindly support everything that the Indian Defence sector produces. Maybe some member with the engineering background can even take up the challenge of designing an world class indigenous Assault Rifle. I am sure it would not require a thousand crores of money to develop it.

Fuck the OFB. Why should not other Indian companies or even individual entrepreneurs come forward to develop an state of the art Assault Rifle. One that is fully Indian and also looks good aesthetically. Its not rocket science. Why depend on imports always.

But let's try not to unnecessarily lower the morale and confidence of the soldiers in indigenous weapons.

Austin316

Country flag
Looks like it was a Sonic Boom.

MiG Foxbat moment?
There are visuals multiple fire fighters and ambulance rushing to the site, but local police officer claims it was a false alarm from sound barrier. Then why ambulance and police rushing to the location is a mystery

Blood+

Country flag
I dont see the data here.
A "test" done on an open range under so many variables is not data as such.
I'd be happy to see a test report comparing the penetrative ability of 7.62x39 VS a M855A1 on soft skinned targets vs targets behind cover and armour, at various ranges to actually conclude using Data.

Apart from that, shooting ballistic gel targets for a Youtube video on an open range without any control parameters does not really prove much.
Name me of one single war that has ever been fought inside a lab under controlled environments!! You're simply clutching at straws at this point.
On watching the video, do give the GB vid I shared a watch.
I did, long before you posted it here.

Not as per the actual users, if you put into perspective the actual user reviews from our guys, or even from the GB who's vid I have linked earlier.
Our guys??!! When did they manage to get their hands of the M855A1s??!!

Again, the GB has quoted that the main purpose of making the round was entirely different. With enhanced performance as a secondary priority. On the latter count, it did not translate well into experience.

About whether or not the Us Army adopted it on a whim, well these things are more often than not more controlled by bureaucracy, rather than merit. The GB again mentions there were no published lab reports about the performance of these specific rounds.

You only need to read a bit more into the story of how really the M16 came into standard service issue as an untested platform in Vietnam, and the problems and casualties the early versions caused, to get perspective on how bureaucracy can fuck things up.

But that's besides the point.

I'd be happy to see some actual comparative data, if it exists. In the absence of that, we have to rely on user testimonies from combat.
[/QUOTE]
You really think you are that special unironically, don't you??

armyofhind

Country flag
Name me of one single war that has ever been fought inside a lab under controlled environments!! You're simply clutching at straws at this point.

I did, long before you posted it here.

Our guys??!! When did they manage to get their hands of the M855A1s??!!

Again, the GB has quoted that the main purpose of making the round was entirely different. With enhanced performance as a secondary priority. On the latter count, it did not translate well into experience.

About whether or not the Us Army adopted it on a whim, well these things are more often than not more controlled by bureaucracy, rather than merit. The GB again mentions there were no published lab reports about the performance of these specific rounds.

You only need to read a bit more into the story of how really the M16 came into standard service issue as an untested platform in Vietnam, and the problems and casualties the early versions caused, to get perspective on how bureaucracy can fuck things up.

But that's besides the point.

I'd be happy to see some actual comparative data, if it exists. In the absence of that, we have to rely on user testimonies from combat.
Ah so you want to compare one set of random performance parameters under random conditions Vs another set of randomness

And then draw your definitive, and I'd say, quite overly emphatic, conclusions from said randomness.

Very smart and scientific.

All you have provided to support what you're saying about terminal ballistics comparisons is a YouTube video from a guy who never actually deployed or even used said equipment in combat.

AND, you want everyone to go along with your point of view, without refuting it, when contrary testimonies have been provided from domestic and foreign sources, who have used M855A1 and OFB 5.56 in actual combat vs 7.62x39

I'd say you consider yourself a really special piece of work then.

I rest my case. You win.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles