India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

Master Chief

Country flag
Something else to notice- the new camo being issued only to senior officers

In most militaries soldiers are instructed not even to salute an officer on the battlefield, here you have Indian officers strutting around in bespoke outfits to identify themselves (with 0 PPE on of course)

Absolute jokers
Indian Army loves Counter terrorism.. Low risk way to get a high from some action in your own territory, where you dominate every aspect from manpower, firepower to surveillance.. Who doesnt love cheap thrills

Azaad

Country flag
Sorry to bring up an old topic. I came across an article by the "The Drive" where there was a refutation given by the Authors on India's claim of shooting down an F-16. The article's Authors are Joseph Trevithick And Tyler Rogoway. In the article, they make a mention about the radar images which the Indian Airforce had released to validate the F-16 kill.

So they said this.

"Without having more data and context, we have no way of knowing conclusively that the contact disappeared and never reappeared or that it was an F-16, to begin with. Electronic warfare and the limitations of the airborne early warning and control system could have been factors, as well. The mountainous terrain and other ground clutter may have masked the Viper's radar signatures temporarily and the fighter could have dropped into the "doppler notch" of the airborne radar system."

View attachment 222665

So what do fellow members have to say about this "Doppler notching" drama? A lot of Pakistanis, and even westerners are using this to counter the radar images which were made public by the Indian Airforce.

That day, on 27th February 2019 when Swift Retard happened, we had several eyes in the skies. For e.g the Su-30MKI with its Bars PESA radar, the PHALCON AWACS. I think the PHALCON AWACS's radar is AESA.

A member here @cyclops said that Modern AESA radars are immune to Doppler notching. @mist_consecutive said the same and added that AESA radars and the PESA radar of Su-30 MKI is immune to Doppler notching. Further clarification would be appreciated.🙏

@RoaringTigerHiddenDragon @Azaad and everyone else.
Frankly I haven't followed the issue in any great detail except to read multiple reports about it then & a year or two after the incident . It's 4.5 yrs now & there's no point trying to get into it since in the absence of any direct evidence , it's one man's word vs the other other man's word & consequently one man's belief vs the other man's belief.

The only way this'd be solved in my opinion is if someone from the PAF goes public with the issue of which there's a good chance a few years down the line .

All you need to do is be patient.

Master Chief

Country flag
Sorry to bring up an old topic. I came across an article by the "The Drive" where there was a refutation given by the Authors on India's claim of shooting down an F-16. The article's Authors are Joseph Trevithick And Tyler Rogoway. In the article, they make a mention about the radar images which the Indian Airforce had released to validate the F-16 kill.

So they said this.

"Without having more data and context, we have no way of knowing conclusively that the contact disappeared and never reappeared or that it was an F-16, to begin with. Electronic warfare and the limitations of the airborne early warning and control system could have been factors, as well. The mountainous terrain and other ground clutter may have masked the Viper's radar signatures temporarily and the fighter could have dropped into the "doppler notch" of the airborne radar system."

View attachment 222665

So what do fellow members have to say about this "Doppler notching" drama? A lot of Pakistanis, and even westerners are using this to counter the radar images which were made public by the Indian Airforce.

That day, on 27th February 2019 when Swift Retard happened, we had several eyes in the skies. For e.g the Su-30MKI with its Bars PESA radar, the PHALCON AWACS. I think the PHALCON AWACS's radar is AESA.

A member here @cyclops said that Modern AESA radars are immune to Doppler notching. @mist_consecutive said the same and added that AESA radars and the PESA radar of Su-30 MKI is immune to Doppler notching. Further clarification would be appreciated.🙏

No more FShola controversy please..

NutCracker

Country flag
So I was correct, there are indeed more than 2-3 terrorists. Initial ground-level report from few twitter handles intimated there were 10-11 terrorists.

It's tricky to deal with suicidal maniacs with no care for life. Even in death, they will try to take down a few more soldiers using suicide bombing tactics.
A normal conventional army will either surrender or evacuate in case of injuries, instead of trying to fight to the death.

But you know all these. You just wanted to take a potshot at the army.
These potshots are legit.

Why surrounding area wasn't canvassed properly before letting high ranked gather around for photo ops..( I don't buy this garbage, " they were leading from the front" )

Why same mistake is being repeated by Gernols wearing glowing fancy dress while standing behind human meat shield.
1694877850053.png

Why they don't have IR equipped drones yet.

Why MALE/Tapas drones are not ordered.

Why Gridbots equipped with guns and all kinds of visual-thermal sensors are not into the game yet.

another_armchair

Country flag
Pakis are saying... no firing took place on LOC
No Paki citizens read terrorists waging war against India on Indian soil have been killed in various Kashmir encounters.

It is their interest to make ludicrous statements & spread propaganda. They have just gotten off the FATF grey list. Why would they admit?

Our focus should be to keep nailing them with an FMJ at every opportunity they present us with.

Indrajit

Country flag
Hey everyone meet indrajit

He was born in sonagachi & brought up in lachhipur... pretty difficult childhood he had... we should sympathize with him.
Most already know me, they should pay attention to the TRF terrorist media cell guy who spends his time masquerading as someone else.

Indrajit

Country flag
Bangali Dada maach kha ke paada
I can do this all the time.. :) You are not going to be much use to anyone if you can't do your work of promoting the TRF. Your problem was that you thought if you were sneaky, nobody would notice your TRF media promotion work. Fat chance of that now. You can expect to be called out almost every time going forward. I have nothing to lose, your pathetic attempts at abusing are laughable. I simply don't care for your opinion on my person. I'm going to disrupt your work every chance I get.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag

So they said this.

View attachment 222665

1. Abhinandan was debriefed after his return,awarded for downing a 4tg gen Jet
2. 2 jets downed and 3 parachute s as seen by local.
3. From pak radio it was heard that they had lost a jet.
4. From radar only that f16 disappeared,f 16 could have disappeared for some time because of mountain s..but not a for long time .
5. Pak first said they didn't use f16 , as they had the fear of that downed jet.

6.Pak till that date didn't have twin seater jf17 , so it must be twin seater f16 ,which was downed .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles