India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

Azaad

Country flag
We keep hoping Pakistan will fold up.. I remember the period between 2006-2010 when TTP and other Pashtun tribes made life a veritable nightmare for FC and PA. One incident when an entire FC battalion surrendered with weapons to TTP or some affiliate.

Folks here waited with bated breath hoping Pak awam will topple the military and khan chacha will be back in power. Afsos.

Pakistan has many abbujaans who badly need it as a hedge against India getting too big for its boots. Pakistan will not be allowed to become a failed state by these same people. They may at best neuter their munna to be less hostile towards India over a said period if it suits them.

We should stop being so delusional that a terror state that has been propped up against us and held straight for decades can fold up at our beck and call.
Since you've come to the realisation that Pakistan isn't folding up anytime soon , it means two things - either we set aside everything & get down to exterminate the threat or we understand that Pakistan the shape it is in is in deep trouble on multiple fronts & will collapse EVENTUALLY whenever that eventually is except we need to be patient.

Moreover in your previous analysis on why did we agree to the CF in 2021 , you fail to take into account our still on going stand off with China was one of the biggest factors in us agreeing to a CF. This isn't about us prevailing over PA in gun / mortar battles & some heavy artillery exchange across the LAC peppered every once in a while by Para Action against the PA not so deep into their territory or even about building up the economy of the border areas thru maintenance of peace including in the rest of the state .

Once you get into an active LoC mode , you need sustained deployments all year around to keep maintaining the tempo of action which PA couldn't even afford in Jan 21 & certainly not today faced with an economy in downward spiral , a resurgent TTP & a defiant TTA but it also affects our plans on the LAC unless you want the IA severely stretched .

Azaad

Country flag
everytime some security related incident happens, versions of this conversation have happened so many times ever since DFI was created,

there is a difference between emotive and compulsive. emotions we can understand and give some space to get a grip on themselves. but for every incident, if someone is going thru the same cycle and bashing the same XYZ institutions, then it is more likely to be a compulsion for reasons best known to those individual members.

this problem statement of Kashmir issue itself is a complex one. the more the complexity factor is taken into account, more improbable the solution will seem.

-for some one, who is looking at this with a tactical view, solution will look one way.
-for some one, who is looking at this with a tactical + strategic view, solution will look one way.
-for some one, who is looking at this with a tactical + strategic + economic view, solution will look one way.
-for some one, who is looking at this with a tactical + strategic + economic + geopolitical view, solution will look one way.
-for some one, who is looking at this with a tactical + strategic + economic + geopolitical + civilisational view, solution will look one way.

more one factors in the elements of complexity, more it will look like a stalemate.

I say, leave it to the professionals who have the responsibility to deal with this national security domain, they know best.
Very well put. I think this post should be mandatory reading to all those advocating heavy retaliation & other such knee jerk reactions however well intentioned .

TopWatcher

Country flag
Did army contacted these pigs on some info or pigs attacked army than army came to know ??

another_armchair

Country flag
Since you've come to the realisation that Pakistan isn't folding up anytime soon , it means two things - either we set aside everything & get down to exterminate the threat or we understand that Pakistan the shape it is in is in deep trouble on multiple fronts & will collapse EVENTUALLY whenever that eventually is except we need to be patient.
True. We must close our eyes and pray. Light up a candle while we are at it perhaps as we did in the past. Imposing a cost on the enemy does nothing to troop morale after all.

Moreover in your previous analysis on why did we agree to the CF in 2021 , you fail to take into account our still on going stand off with China was one of the biggest factors in us agreeing to a CF. This isn't about us prevailing over PA in gun / mortar battles & some heavy artillery exchange across the LAC peppered every once in a while by Para Action against the PA not so deep into their territory or even about building up the economy of the border areas thru maintenance of peace including in the rest of the state .

Once you get into an active LoC mode , you need sustained deployments all year around to keep maintaining the tempo of action which PA couldn't even afford in Jan 21 & certainly not today faced with an economy in downward spiral , a resurgent TTP & a defiant TTA but it also affects our plans on the LAC unless you want the IA severely stretched .
True. We aren't prepared for two front action. No equipment and manpower. If a two front situation ever arises, we plead with one to pause hostilities so we can take care of the other front. The understanding neighbor agrees and waits for us to finish our urgent business on one front.

TopWatcher

Country flag
True. We must close our eyes and pray. Light up a candle while we are at it perhaps as we did in the past. Imposing a cost on the enemy does nothing to troop morale after all.

True. We aren't prepared for two front action. No equipment and manpower. If a two front situation ever arises, we plead with one to pause hostilities so we can take care of the other front.
In 2 front war case, we need to nuke one of them. Than we can fight other front.

another_armchair

Country flag
In 2 front war case, we need to nuke one of them. Than we can fight other front.
Abey ban hona hai kya?

Bade log bol rahe hain... in times like these, you wear
1694765292555.png

light these,

1694765322611.png

and pray for time to fly so people simply forget something even happened.

Rinse repeat.

I pray these tangos reach LBSNAA some day, take an entire batch hostage, torture them and kill each one of them so they understand what happens in 56DD chess when you run out of all your soldiers.

TopWatcher

Country flag
Abey ban hona hai kya?

View attachment 222500

light these,

View attachment 222501

Rinse repeat.

I pray these tangos reach LBSNAA some day, take an entire batch hostage, torture them and kill each one of them so they understand what happens in 56DD chess when you run out of all your soldiers.
Kyon bhai kyon ban hoon ga ?

Kumaoni

Abey ban hona hai kya?

View attachment 222500

light these,

View attachment 222501

Rinse repeat.

I pray that they do a fidayeen attack on a urduwood film set or those JNU pigs so those KUTTEs (worse than Pakistanis for me) know what it’s like.

why do we need enemies when we have THESE terrorists supporters IN THE BLOODY COUNTRY

Brood Father

Country flag
This is cost of war , unfortunately you cannot expect us to be on top Everytime
Humans are involved in this operation and there will be human errors no matter how senior he is

This was definitely a human error, we got fooled by tangos but that what happens when you ignore SOP and go for shortcuts as they have been working for you so far
The important thing is what lessons we will learn , you need to be mindful of the fact that Indian army is huge and any change will take time to trickle down , having said that it is important that we do not fall for this trap over and over again and change our strategy as well.
One way could be to give more tactical autonomy to local level commanders in terms of changing strategies and giving them budget to buy gadgets and equipments.

In terms of response I have always maintained that we should increase the cost ..for every of our soldiers India should retaliate massively in LOC and burn other side.

Kumaoni

Kill 10 20 200 2000 terrorists I don’t care
Make balochistan a graveyard for Pak soldiers I don’t care

I won’t be happy till at least 10 paki heads are brought from across the LC

5,000 SF personnel this proxy war has taken. 5000 family members have lost a loved one and stood by the army. They should be lucky I’m asking for only 10.

Articles