India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
The only way status quo can be changed in this area now is through pre-emtive arty/miss. Everything else is just posturing. Eyes n ears to the ground..... intelligence is paramount.
SM says PLA ammassed enough troops to try human waves on all Indian positions, without any preemptive arty/missiles. All these human waves will carry melee weapons (and an assault rifle as backup). The strategy will be to make Indians fire the first shots, or get lucky and reach the top without a single shot fired from either side, and hope that the Indians retreat.

The Indian counter-maneuver will be to amass large numbers on its side of the slopes, so when Chinese begin their human wave climb to the top, Indians begin theirs, and there's a medieval melee battle on a fucking ridge line, with 1:1 headcount. Most of the fatalities will come from falling/landslides.

shaktishivashakti

Country flag
All I can say is LoL!!!!!

I think for most people like you, ignorance is goddarn freaking bliss which you never even try to creep out of.
Yesterday was Jaishankarji's day, how shitty and incompetent he is blahblahblah !!! Their try to divide failed. Today they are trying with Doval, let them come and have fun !!! They need to weaken the central gov and show that there is a divide inside the Cabinet. It's a textbook play, so not a big deal. A few spank and it will be finished like with Jaishankar yesterday.

garg_bharat

Country flag
The only way status quo can be changed in this area now is through pre-emtive arty/miss. Everything else is just posturing. Eyes n ears to the ground..... intelligence is paramount.
Prepare for the long haul my friend. This one needs staying power.

sajobajo

Country flag
India needs to play the Tibet hand, but not too soon. Chinis are intimated by the thought of India playing the Tibet card, Mukti-Bahini-ing it too soon would give them an excuse to crush it with an iron fist too soon.
The issue needs to be kept on the boil until it gathers certain critical mass, with tiny pinpricks given all the time, all of which should collectively rile the Chinks but not serious enough to roll the tanks into Lhasa.

garg_bharat

Country flag
SM says PLA ammassed enough troops to try human waves on all Indian positions, without any preemptive arty/missiles. All these human waves will carry melee weapons (and an assault rifle as backup). The strategy will be to make Indians fire the first shots, or get lucky and reach the top, and hope that the Indians retreat.
I think such thinking is ridiculous.
Most likely China is just posturing and waiting for 'the right time'.

dumdumdum

Country flag
SM says PLA ammassed enough troops to try human waves on all Indian positions, without any preemptive arty/missiles. All these human waves will carry melee weapons (and an assault rifle as backup). The strategy will be to make Indians fire the first shots, or get lucky and reach the top, and hope that the Indians retreat.
What's big deal with 1st shot? Who and how is anyone going to prove who fired the first shot? How difficult will it be for Indians to fire at Chinese first and then fake shooting of some of its own people? Or for China to do the same?

shade

Country flag
With all the talk since the last few pages about bow and arrow i thought we are back in Chandragupt Maurya's time lol.
Good it's just jhumlebaazi by forum members, i thought did IA actually give the troops bow and arrow.
These fools with their Ming dynasty weapons are expecting us to still not fire at them.
Like this user here , they think we have this mindset

This is what exactly chinkis want.
They will send some troops and if our troops fire at them, they will cry before the world and say IA slaughtered their troops.
Worse, they will declare war because Xin zing pooh is trying to save his ass and a war is perfect for that.
It is time we break that illusion, if they try to take our positions or disrupt our patrols with their Romance of the Three Kingdoms army, we must give them a 21st century reply that is given to the pakis practically every day along the LoC.

Escalation to a proper war/skirmish is their prerogative, no amount of "restraint" on our side will alter anything.
Globally everyone knows cheeni is the asshole behind this.

Like i have said yesterday also, their entire strategy banks on our passivity and timidity, our fear not to "escalate" not to be "seen" as the aggressor.
The more our Forces' action on the ground go against this assumption, the less power they have over us.

Synergy

Country flag
SM says PLA ammassed enough troops to try human waves on all Indian positions, without any preemptive arty/missiles. All these human waves will carry melee weapons (and an assault rifle as backup). The strategy will be to make Indians fire the first shots, or get lucky and reach the top without a single shot fired from either side, and hope that the Indians retreat.

The Indian counter-maneuver will be to amass large numbers on its side of the slopes, so when Chinese begin their human wave climb to the top, Indians begin theirs, and there's a medieval melee battle on a fucking ridge line, with 1:1 headcount. Most of the fatalities will come from falling/landslides.
hoping it's (our response) a sarcasm.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Why even train the army and officers in Modern warfare for years, if we have to use medieval weapons.. with soldiers dying like some street fighting gundas.. using firearms will increase casualties, but atleast soldiers will fight like soldiers.
I agree. Chinese are doing the guandao drama so that we don't make cheese wheel out of them.

Also, bayonet gun> guandao.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I have read 2 different stories on this issue:
(1) That Indians never asked for it from the Brits.
(2) Indian PM gave it away to the Burmese.

Which one is true? If it's (2) then there may be a case to take it if it's used against interest of India. Further, even if it was gifted, there would be T&Cs in the instrument of gift, unless of course if it was drafted by somebody not so competent.
You can't say it was a gift , point is British had control over it and they leased it out to Burmese while major Andaman Nicobar came to us during independence.

Sardar Patel was ready to take it over by force the way he projected in matter of Lakshwadweep .

Nehru gave it away as Mountbatten ( which one?) Asked him .

Synergy

Country flag
What's big deal with 1st shot? Who and how is anyone going to prove who fired the first shot? How difficult will it be for Indians to fire at Chinese first and then fake shooting of some of its own people? Or for China to do the same?
nobody except we two will ever know who has fired the first shot.

shankyz

Country flag
In my opinion:
- Chinks preparing for a simultaneous human-wave attack
- If fails, small arms will open up.

NOTE: In 1967, Chinese attacked first with mortars and MMGs, killing 80+ IA troops. India retaliated with artillery, killing 340+ PLA troops.

DownWithCCP

Country flag
While free speech must be tolerated, criticism has its own time and place and in the current situation is unwarranted, I request the mods to issue warning and bans, new accounts are propping up left and right and spreading the same rhetoric day in day out, when the conflict has ended enough and more criticism and judgement can be passed now I believe is not a time for that and OT discussions too should be restricted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles