India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwbeast

Country flag
right now I'm not being able to recall who, but some renowned personality once told, next gen warfares will be fought using bows and arrows.

though he tried to mean little bit different thing, but looks like he was bang on target. šŸ˜
I think he is none other than our beloved Shri APJ Abdul Kalam Ji

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag

Poseidon

Country flag
I am just enjoying the imaginary visuals of small Chinese PLA guys stuck in the quicksand struggling to set themselves free.. I must say itā€™s satisfying:)
#Copied From Alka Singh @missmetanoia6

Stopped reading after it turned out to be good old EFSAS.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
they forgot to add..

first to impose ban of Chinese tech firms
first to ban Chinese contracts.
first to ban chinese toys
first to ban chinese automobile parts.
first to ban export of medical supplies
First to ban all CCP related students
First to ban all Chinese Officials in key position's of International bodies such as WHO, International Court of Justice

Last edited:

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Bro the point is both sides are reluctant to start full scale war but at the same side they are using those spears etc citing it's part of their culture.

We can use the crossbows too citing the same and use against them. They want a medieval war let's give it to them. And they don't weight much easy to carry around.

Stones can also be used through slings , and they are actually part of strategy usually adopted by those sitting in heights. Again easy to carry and install.

Point is if both sides aren't in mood to escalate and chinks want to do Salaami using the scare tactics then give them back and play around with their psyche .
Stones make sense. Good idea.

But the useless excuse of "part of culture" is absolute nonsense. It won't stick in any negotiation. They talk as if these scythes were part of Han culture in the way Kirpan is part of Sikh culture. Do you see every Chinese citizen carrying around these scythes? Why are we trying to do a tit for tat like a little school kid. If Chinese arguments are nonsense, no need to follow their lead blindly. Call out their bluff! Use the guns. Or stones. Or other methods that do not require special skills and training.

its insanely heavy and not feasible for mountain warfare

and so do spares and cloves. the point is we are not using bullets. someone can also die by drowning into pangong tso. so if they die it will be their responsibility.
145 kg is heavy? OK. Maybe its not worth the trouble. But its certainly not that heavy. Don't like LRAD? Use stones. Roll boulders down.
Accidentally drowning in Pangong Tso is different from intentional aimed shot. Does not matter if it is an arrow or a bullet that is used. I give up. No amount of logic will work on you when you give up basic logic.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
many people here wondering if Indian army should use bows.

look at this:-

View attachment 58657

View attachment 58658

Indian special forces are already well versed in the art of using crossbows. There is a high chance that SFF might be using these weapons in the current standoff.
These are used by Spec Ops troops for stealth. Crossbows make less noise than a silenced weapon.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Similar to the ones used by tahir hussain ( not promoting a religious violence here ), DRDO ( or even OFB ) can make a mounted slingshot in a day or two.
Well actually Muslims of Delhi planned it well in advance possible inputs through those involved in Syria (ISIS) from Syrian war. Singling out Tahir Hussain Amanatullah or shahrukh Khan is useless though. It was a community effort from muslim side and I consider that a terrorist attack.

Rest you are right similar to that but you don't need OFB or DRDO for it.

Two Big iron roads drilled on ground and a sling that's it anyone can do it locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles