India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Aren't we overreacting to a Deccan Herald report which is nothing but a Commie mouth piece like The Hindu.

What is the guarantee that this news hasn't been sponsored by China to drive further wedge between India and Nepal.

Do you really trust these commie newspapers so much ?
I second this. Deccan Herald is an anti India rag and publishes quite a bit of propaganda.

Doesn't mean we can be lax on the Nepal front however.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
are you serious? how will you take those big electronic drums to on such high peaks and they will require electricity what about that?
Its 145 kg only. And if its not good enough, think of some other way. Point is, don't talk about arming troops with bow and arrow. Arrows kill or injure, so do bullets. So use bullets instead. No point in wasting time Medieval cosplaying.

Sehwag213

Country flag
I second this. Deccan Herald is an anti India rag and publishes quite a bit of propaganda.

Doesn't mean we can be lax on the Nepal front however.
I can understand your point of not being lax.

But people here want full scale invasion based on a report in shady newspaper. Isn't this exactly what PRC wants ? Show us as a bully of weaker smaller nations.

Synergy

Country flag
But they can surely try to grab as much as they can and will try to lure the investors with low labor cost and willingness to work in unsafe working environments.
BD even imports cotton, thread etc from India and China.

point is US have to check point of origin before allowing any import as Chinese materials will be re-routed through different countries.

they did that to us. they used to (still tries to) send cotton via BD to avoid duty (no duty on cotton products coming from BD).

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Yeah... try to procure one... DRDO will veto it & ask 50 crore for in house r&d
Google a little before commenting. Indian Navy and Delhi Police already use LRADs. I am not asking new procurement. There might be better options than LRADs, please discuss if you have some. Point is, use crowd control equipment to target "peaceful" Chinese probing patrols.

rwbeast

Country flag
BD even imports cotton, thread etc from India and China.

point is US have to check point of origin before allowing any import as Chinese materials will be re-routed through different countries.

they did that to us. they used to (still tries to) send cotton via BD to avoid duty (no duty on cotton products coming from BD).
did nt knew about that. thanks for educating me

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Its 145 kg only. And if its not good enough, think of some other way. Point is, don't talk about arming troops with bow and arrow. Arrows kill or injure, so do bullets. So use bullets instead. No point in wasting time Medieval cosplaying.
Bro the point is both sides are reluctant to start full scale war but at the same side they are using those spears etc citing it's part of their culture.

We can use the crossbows too citing the same and use against them. They want a medieval war let's give it to them. And they don't weight much easy to carry around.

Stones can also be used through slings , and they are actually part of strategy usually adopted by those sitting in heights. Again easy to carry and install.

Point is if both sides aren't in mood to escalate and chinks want to do Salaami using the scare tactics then give them back and play around with their psyche .

Tridev123

Country flag
There is a big difference in the way the Indian Army is structured and operates and the PLA.
Our Army is totally apolitical and works under the directions of the Government in power be it the BJP or Congress. Decisions are taken on professional lines based on merit.
The PLA is almost synonymous with the Chinese Communist Party and the top leadership of the party maintain an iron grip over the PLA. And as we all know when politics enters the Army decision making gets compromised and sometimes unprofessional decisions are taken on orders from the CCP top brass. The CCP is full of rhetoric and false nationalism and bravado. The efficiency of the army will get blunted due to political interference.

I think because of these factors the Indian Army has an edge over the PLA.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
I can understand your point of not being lax.

But people here want full scale invasion based on a report in shady newspaper. Isn't this exactly what PRC wants ? Show us as a bully of weaker smaller nations.
I'm convinced it'll be fine via RAW. Instigate Madhesis, get them to demand to join India, et voila! You have your democratic chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles