India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandaberunda

Country flag
:hmm: I think the staff is actually standard issue and also ceremonial

There were photo ops of their guards training with it , they were doing fancy stances in snow with it

back in May. I didnt think they would bring it to an acutal fight.
IA soldiers will wack them and lay seize to all the guns and weapons of PLA

omaebakabaka

They came to probe our formations on heights and looks like wanted to know what fire power deployed on heights hence provoked for fight and fired shots in air to know the positions... Also these images they want to convey they didn't fire (psy ops)... They will surely mount an offensive operation soon ( my guess is while Jayashankar is on talks with chene FM)
They don't even mount their own now a days and go for pakis....jokes aside you are correct, we will see more escalation before the meeting.

Tumba

Tihar Jail
Banned
India should go no borders for core himalayas on religion and native rights and take it to wimp gang at UN....they specialize in rights like this and ostracize China.
Himalayan borders cant be manned even by modern armies with all the tech., Indo Tibetan border will remain porous as long as humans can walk.
The area is too extreme and vegetation is almost null, in winters its extreme frost whatever grows thr is in short summers.
Only Sadhu Sanyasi practicing advanced Hath Yog or natives with good local livestocks can live thr, keeping a modern army well fed with food and material is not practical In Himalayan peaks.

bose

Country flag
I don't think the govt is waiting another six months. What IA has started on 29-30 ain't a one off. They have picked the gauntlet. Look at it like this..... we all have appeared for exams..... are we fully prepared..... ever. IA is now looking at Strategic Gains not just tactical ones.
The ball is in the China's court now ... They have been payed back in same coin ...

I have a feeling that by the time the FMs and other ground level talks are exhausted it will be winter and not suitable for a full blown war ... But China is smarting after the hard slap it has got ...

This does not mean Indian Army is not ready for a war now ... They have already factored all aspects and gone there ...

I mean to say the cost of war on China [ if they try ] should be so high it becomes un sustainable to keep any army there ... Bring blood bath on Chinese !!

Gandaberunda

Country flag
I thought it's otherway around, Baluchis are residing in eastern Iran and may want to join Baluchistan proper.
Baluchistan is occupied by Pak Iran and Afghanistan. All have sliced the territory. Afghans happy what they got, paki and Iran fight for the south Balochistan coast for mineral benefits. Iran claims paki side of Baloch cost

another_armchair

Country flag
these r probably walking sticks for pla soldiers .... terrain is pretty tough and altitude is over 5000 meters, not sure how it will help them in fighting though first rule of melee ur weapon should not exceed more than ur arms length Melee 101
Fully agree. Anybody who has walked on this terrain knows the value of a stick.

another_armchair

Country flag
The ball is in the China's court now ... They have been payed back in same coin ...

I have a feeling that by the time the FMs and other ground level talks are exhausted it will be winter and not suitable for a full blown war ... But China is smarting after the hard slap it has got ...

This does not mean Indian Army is not ready for a war now ... They have already factored all aspects and gone there ...

I mean to say the cost of war on China [ if they try ] should be so high it becomes un sustainable to keep any army there ... Bring blood bath on Chinese !!
Indian Army by then would have grabbed more territory and pushed the Chini further North/North-East.

cereal killer

Country flag
can you @tarunraju or somebody please explain me the reference to hajipir
India had occupied Haji Pir in 1965 but under US & USSR pressure we had to give it back to Pakistan. Also Pakistan was holding crucial territory along Akhnoor sector which would have threatened Jammu in future so that's why land swap was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles