India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

omaebakabaka

I think some people who are suggesting that things going kinetic might want to hold their horses,chinks want an exit but they are prisoners of their invincible image,they will try to escalate to a level but don't expect chink bot army with 100 of columns coming one after another relentlessly like in 62 ,if they are not bluffing they will try their shiny toys like PGM & artillery strikes,they won't try armoured battle because of T90s,IA's height advantage,Spike LR & Apache only other option they have is air strikes by J10Cs,J11,J16 or their Soviet era bomber,I think they won't go as far as ballistic missile because india will in confusion of nuclear & conventional bomb might fire some Agni 3 & 4 in chink east coast.
India will assume the same with any long range missile for instance bomber launched ALCMS......bombers are considered strategic carriers.

DownWithCCP

Country flag
Like I said wait for the Jaishankar-Yi meeting. Details will then automatically emerge. Now only the issue can be solved at the political level and i.e. Xi-Modi summit. Babus and Commander level talks are going to fail for sure
I would say highly unlikely, none of the leaders want to look weak and concede to demands from the other side.

Sehwag213

Country flag
Truth be told , if war occurs it is only due to ego of both countries imo.
None of these countries want to come out as 2nd in this confrontation.
China more ego, India little less ego. But both have some ego.

DutchZZ

Country flag
Jaishankar-Wang Yi will mean nothing. It won't amount to anything. The Chinese have come to play.

Only possible intervention is by Russia who can have a quiet word with the Chinese to bugger off. Otherwise, same-same, just like Defence Minister meeting changed nothing.

Even a summit at the highest level would change nothing,.

It will either require 3rd party intervention from Russia/pressure from US OR Indian Army changes scenario on the ground.

BabaKhalbali

well so my posts are being deleted by citing rumours and babajis posts like captured G219 are totally allowed here

shaktishivashakti

Country flag
I would say highly unlikely, none of the leaders want to look weak and concede to demands from the other side.
Highly unlikely indeed. Never the less, if they ask for a such meeting and agree before such a meeting that there is no difference of perception in the LAC in Bhutan and Arunachala sectors and agree for a permanent solution with international border in those two sectors then why not. I'm day dreaming.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Truth be told , if war occurs it is only due to ego of both countries imo.
None of these countries want to come out as 2nd in this confrontation.
China more ego, India little less ego. But both have some ego.
bruv they are here to capture land, they had already captured some in 1962 and now coming for more.
How do u justify India having ego here?

Sehwag213

Country flag
protecting our lands from these salamis seems to be an ego problem for you?
No. This matter will only be resolved by talks between Modi and Xi. And none of them want to be the 1st one to call.

500-1000 km2 is not a very large area for these countries to go to war. India can easily to salami slicing anywhere else and settle the matter. But Xi won't agree.
I think Xi wants to go 1-1 on Modi due to Doklam incident.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
No. This matter will only be resolved by talks between Modi and Xi. And none of them want to be the 1st one to call.

500-1000 km2 is not a very large area for these countries to go to war. India can easily to salami slicing anywhere else and settle the matter. But Xi won't agree.
I think Xi wants to go 1-1 on Modi due to Doklam incident.
Bruv that 500 to 1000 km2 area has a river that feeds water to 4 states.

Sehwag213

Country flag
bruv they are here to capture land, they had already captured some in 1962 and now coming for more.
How do u justify India having ego here?
We can easily capture equal amount of land somewhere else and settle the matter. But Xi is not agreeing to it.
As I said he wants to go 1-1 on Modi due to Doklam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles