India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokoman

Country flag
When it appeared on DFI I tried scolding the poster as also shouted it should not be there ... twenty posts took in explaining why the damn thing was so damaging..
Chinese OSINT people would have grabbed it anyway from news website .

mahesh

Country flag
Just wanted to find out what the fuss is about, seeing so many arguments on it yet nobody has actually released the location AFAIK. or atleast i haven't come across it yet.
Talk about it, all these time here in this forum I read the finger 8 comes somewhere deep into the middle of pangongTso lake.
But now it's very close by to finger 4 on sirijap. When I ask no one have clear answer.

omaebakabaka

Talk about it, all these time here in this forum I read the finger 8 comes somewhere deep into the middle of pangongTso lake.
But now it's very close by to finger 4 on sirijap. When I ask no one have clear answer.
What do you mean? Out of 116 km long lake, conservatively India claims 45 km in which all F1 to F8 lie....its a different matter it all belongs to us prior to 1962.

shaktishivashakti

Country flag
When it appeared on DFI I tried scolding the poster as also shouted it should not be there ... twenty posts took in explaining why the damn thing was so damaging..
I testimony indeed that as soon as that map was posted you alerted that it should be removed. There is no doubt that the member who posted it is bona fide.
But I have a huge problem with an expert like Gokhale telling that the map should not be posted and never the less post it on his twitter account ! Hell, what kind of logic is that.
More important question is does the presstitute took the photo by deception or has he bribed the officer or whoever showed him that map to explain to what is going on the operation theatre ??

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
What about Phillipines, Japan, Australia, Fiji? We can have Quad command somewhere!!!!
Quad is a myth. Australia's commitment to a China-containment structure is inconsistent. Morrison is just putting up a very seasonal "tough guy" act.

Way too many Australian businessmen have huge stakes in trade with China (resource exports). ASEAN desires equidistance from the west and China without stepping on either's toes.

The US is a waning power in Asia. Its days are numbered here unless it can dump serious capital into sizeable counterweights against China, such as India and Japan (revival of its economic vigor back to 1980's levels). It needs to unshackle India and Japan from its "strategic balance" calculus (this would involve cutting Pakistan loose and starting to throw its weight behind India on matters like Kashmir).

Trouble is, the US is in for at least 15-20 years of leadership vacuum, and the likes of the EU, India, and Japan must fend for themselves. This means we must convince the US to look the other way while we develop our national power to be more resilient to China.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Srijap is near Finger 8 and not finger4. It was captured by Chinese rats in 1962 ... one thousand against thirty-odd. Indian Army has to reach there to redeem the honour of those braveheart Indian soldiers..

omaebakabaka

Quad is a myth. Australia's commitment to a China-containment structure is inconsistent. Morrison is just putting up a very seasonal "tough guy" act.

Way too many Australian businessmen have huge stakes in trade with China (resource exports). ASEAN desires equidistance from the west and China without stepping on either's toes.

The US is a waning power in Asia. Its days are numbered here unless it can dump serious capital into sizeable counterweights against China, such as India, Japan (revival of its economic vigor back to 1980's levels). It needs to unshackle India and Japan from its "strategic balance" calculus (this would involve cutting Pakistan loose and start throwing its weight behind India on matters like Kashmir).

Trouble is, the US is in for at least 15-20 years of leadership vacuum, and the likes of the EU, India, and Japan must fend for themselves. This means we must convince the US to look the other way while we develop our national power to be more resilient to China.
Some truth to it....fact is no one likes/respects Chinese neither in Asia nor West and their domination is already not sitting well. Atleast Russians get some respect in parts of Asia. China will be a dud but to your point we need to build a strong deterrent.

ataru09

Country flag
Kill 2 birds with one stone. The US recently tested a high velocity projectile fired from a self propelled 155MM howitzer to down a cruise missile. Obviously a very sophisticated network of sensors were needed to identify and track the missile in the first place, but imagine the hundreds of 155 MM howitzers spread out all across the LAC doing double duty as Chinese CJ-10/20 cruise missile shooters!!

I know this might be theoretically possible but this looks too fantastic to be true imo. Do you have a link to the article that posted this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles