Not open for further replies.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
I concur.
This guy....:truestory:

Sehwag213

Country flag
I had earlier asked a question which went unanswered. Where was our last military outpost in eastern Ladakh prior to 1962 war ?

another_armchair

Country flag
I am taking umbrage at the thought that somehow losing 21 fine soldiers is a victory.
You will lose men in battle. That is the ugly reality of war.
I hope you go through the list of martyrs and the regiments they belonged to.
Will give you an idea of what unfolded that night.
They weren't sleeping on the pavement and got run over by a drunk driver.

Take umbrage at the betrayal by the Chinese if you must.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Ah! the problem my friends is that they are not too many... otherwise, it is a good source of income in those remote parts where there are no jobs and no useful vocations.. Army pays well including lots of help in terms of food and rations and sometimes clothings..... maybe one odd bottle of Rum as extra incentive.

BRO has to take people from Jharkhand and Orissa as a workforce for road construction..

Ladakh- No water, no sticking soil, No wood, Stones also not available everywhere, the temperature so low that the cement would not stick together ( that is setting problems) - how does Bhoop Singh mark his defence works.. everything has to come from beyond Pathankot.
all shelters and barracks cost four times more .... CGI shelters are useless... lots of Fibre Reinforced Plastic and plywood required
It is a logistics nightmare...

Chinese position is also equally pathetic .....

Last edited:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Indian navy deploys ships Ranvijay (Destroyer), Sahyadri (Frigate), Kiltan (Corvette) and Shakti (Tanker) with integrated Helicopters in the Andaman sea as the part of the exercise with the russia near Nicobar coast within proximity of the malacca strait.

Source : Allthing Indian Navy.

Last edited:

Indrajit

Country flag

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I had earlier asked a question which went unanswered. Where was our last military outpost in eastern Ladakh prior to 1962 war ?
Far into Aksai Chin... Upto Lanak-la in the south & Qartag-la in the north.
Like recent Galwan & Finger8 clashes, the '62 "war" was mostly a large scale border skirmish that ended up access to those forward area being blocked off from to Indian forces.

But the farthest tip of Aksai Chin from where G129 passes had never been in Indian control.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
It all started from places like Haji Lunger in North and areas across Soda plain where there is G219 today being CRPF outpost...to Demchok in South from that line the PLA kept pushing back Bhola Nath Malik's (Director IB) army (CRPF) everywhere till they were massacred and pushed across Kongkhala. Then finally when everything had gone out of hands only six battalions of Indian Army defended whole of Ladakh,,, who fought well against 12000 PLA and were able to stop the Chinese around the Karakoram Ranges.... Chusul... Dumchele, Demchok line...

If you are talking about Army, I think Srijap and Galwan ware the forward most post in the North and Demchok in the South...

Tridev123

Country flag
Very good observation. In any case we know many in the west believe in balkanisation of india. But for time being we are being useful to contain china.
For them if we become vassal state like Korea or Japan that will be good alternative
I agree. Though the vast majority of the American public are not extremist there are very influential sections of the Pentagon - Military complex and right wing Evangelists who look down upon Indian culture and religion and who would want to balkanise India.
The extreme right wing Christian Evangelists would like to convert the Hindu majority country into a Christian majority state by hook or crook.
This is not to say that all Christians in the US share this goal. But unfortunately the extremists are very powerful in the US administration and military.
The US balkanised many ex Warsaw Pact countries in Eastern Europe like Yugoslavia, Czecheslovakia etc.
Indians remember US politicians like Robin Raphael, Mrs Kirkpatrick who regularly used to threaten India with balkanisation for supporting the Soviet Union and NAM.
So our cautious approach to the US is rooted in history.

If the US sincerely wants to improve relations with India then these extremist sections in the US need to be controlled.
The truth is India poses no threat to the US but the reverse should not come true.

One big irony of the wishes of these extreme Christian Evangelists is that after converting a country and its people to Christianity they abandon that country to its fate. Most of South America is Christian but wallow in poverty. They do not have living standards comparable to the US. Similarly many Christian states in Africa are in extreme poverty and undeveloped.
The only conclusion that can be reached is that the attempt to convert non Christian countries is dictated by need for political power. A Christian country can be manipulated easier. There is no noble intent.

Sehwag213

Country flag
Far into Aksai Chin... Upto Lanak-la in the south & Qartag-la in the north.
Like recent Galwan & Finger8 clashes, the '62 "war" was mostly a large scale border skirmish that ended up access to those forward area being blocked off from to Indian forces.

But the farthest tip of Aksai Chin from where G129 passes had never been in Indian control.
So how did they build G219 through our area in 1957 ? Was there a fight or skirmish?🤔

Thanks @Bhadra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles