India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

12arya

Country flag

I visited different places after reaching Leh. I talked to officers, JCOs and took stock of preparedness. The morale of jawans is high and they are ready to deal with all challenges: Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane in Leh to ANI

The situation along LAC is slightly tensed. Keeping in view of the situation, we have taken precautionary deployment for our own safety & security, so that our security & integrity remain safeguarded: Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane to ANI on the current situation at LAC

u beat me to it:)

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
BIG Mistake:
we need to have multiple choice of rifles in all caliber ranges.

As of 2024, I predict Indian Army's sanctioned troop-strength to increase by 40-60%.

AK-203 is a fine piece of kit.
You expect IA numbers to go up. Makes sense.

Ideally even IAF numbers need to go up. 50 squadrons. That will give us numerical superiority on both fronts.

Cactus09

Country flag
We are ready. I am guessing either it will be fierce hand to hand combat in the initial days to force someone to fire. Or it will be massive fire assault. Nothing in between.

avknight1408

Country flag
As of 2024, I predict Indian Army's sanctioned troop-strength to increase by 40-60%.

AK-203 is a fine piece of kit.
Army's finances are already strained as most of the funds are going towards paying salary and more importantly pensions. If the strength is increased by 40% then army will bankrupt the country.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Army's finances are already strained as most of the funds are going towards paying salary and more importantly pensions. If the strength is increased by 40% then army will bankrupt the country.
No nigga you can sustain an army of 20 lakhs personnel with a budget comprising of 3 to 4 % of your economy.

Historian

The US balkanised many ex Warsaw Pact countries in Eastern Europe like Yugoslavia, Czecheslovakia etc.
That's some bad historical analysis. Czechoslovakia peacefully divided into the Czech Republic and Slovakia of their own free will after they were free from Soviet control. Yugoslavia was an idea that had run its course and non-Serbs were tired of being dominated by Serbs. The Croats, Slovenes, and Macedonians were the first to break away and did so with ease. The Serbian-dominated government adopted a policy of "No Serb should be ruled by a non-Serb" and launched a nasty war to prevent Bosnia and Kosovo from following their path. NATO and the UN intervened to stop atrocities by the Serbian army and paramilitary groups. Bosnia and Kosovo are now happy with their independence and have no wish to fall under Serbian control again. Montenegro is the most recent ex-Yugoslav territory to declare independence, this time peacefully.

The breakup of Yugoslavia was the will of the peoples in the respective territories and war only came about because Serbia was unwilling to recognize the will of the people.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Just my humble theory:
What if???? - again What If (a really big ifff)

what if? lets say porkistan never had, made or own any nuclear bombs and they simply exploded cheeni bomb after our pokhran test? what if they were lying all along of having 100+ nuclear weapons and in reality they have none. what if porkistan were hoping(or promised) that china will give them a nuclear bomb against INDIA during war crisis? what will happen if this is the truth and is exposed.

if we win todays war with china by beating them black and blue and after tibet is liberated either by our actions or for some other reasons... and if/ china is broken into few pieces like soviets. can you imagine what our ARMED FORCES WILL DO TO PORKISTAN? (considering we just won the war against cheeni?)

Tumba

Tihar Jail
Banned
funny thing this time my dhoti is not shivering I want those cute PLA ladyboys in my Harem Am I underestimating ladyboyz kya:basanti:

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
I agree. Though the vast majority of the American public are not extremist there are very influential sections of the Pentagon - Military complex and right wing Evangelists who look down upon Indian culture and religion and who would want to balkanise India.
The extreme right wing Christian Evangelists would like to convert the Hindu majority country into a Christian majority state by hook or crook.
This is not to say that all Christians in the US share this goal. But unfortunately the extremists are very powerful in the US administration and military.
The US balkanised many ex Warsaw Pact countries in Eastern Europe like Yugoslavia, Czecheslovakia etc.
Indians remember US politicians like Robin Raphael, Mrs Kirkpatrick who regularly used to threaten India with balkanisation for supporting the Soviet Union and NAM.
So our cautious approach to the US is rooted in history.

If the US sincerely wants to improve relations with India then these extremist sections in the US need to be controlled.
The truth is India poses no threat to the US but the reverse should not come true.

One big irony of the wishes of these extreme Christian Evangelists is that after converting a country and its people to Christianity they abandon that country to its fate. Most of South America is Christian but wallow in poverty. They do not have living standards comparable to the US. Similarly many Christian states in Africa are in extreme poverty and undeveloped.
The only conclusion that can be reached is that the attempt to convert non Christian countries is dictated by need for political power. A Christian country can be manipulated easier. There is no noble intent.
Spot On ! This is the real deep state in US which is Especially stronger whenever Democrats are in power.

Cactus09

Country flag
Just my humble theory:
What if???? - again What If (a really big ifff)

what if? lets say porkistan never had, made or own any nuclear bombs and they simply exploded cheeni bomb after our pokhran test? what if they were lying all along of having 100+ nuclear weapons and in reality they have none. what if porkistan were hoping(or promised) that china will give them a nuclear bomb against INDIA during war crisis? what will happen if this is the truth and is exposed.

if we win todays war with china by beating them black and blue and after tibet is liberated either by our actions or for some other reasons... and if/ china is broken into few pieces like soviets. can you imagine what our ARMED FORCES WILL DO TO PORKISTAN? (considering we just won the war against cheeni?)
Yeah even I can theorize I had a foursome with Deepika Padukone, Sunny Leone, Kim Kardashian, but we all know that is not possible. Too many constraints and defects in this theory like yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles