India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag

EarthCitizen

Country flag
What if Indian consumers buy Taiwanese products will Chinese govt(PRC,bejing) get benefit from this or not?

LDev

Country flag
India knows how to make Al31 from scratch.
Not the case with F404
Of the 43,000 components that go into a Su-30MKI, 31,500 components - or 73 per cent - are now being built in India.

Further indigenisation is blocked since the Indo-Russian contract mandates that all raw material that goes into the Su-30MKI - including 5,800 titanium blocks and forgings, aluminium and steel plates, etc - must be sourced from Russia. The contract also stipulates that another 7,146 items like nuts, bolts, screws and rivets must be sourced from Russia.

HAL has also partially indigenised the Su-30MKI's giant AL-31FP engines, which are built in Koraput, Odisha. Fifty-three per cent of the engine by cost has been indigenised, with the remaining 47 per cent consisting of high-tech composites and special alloys - proprietary secrets that Russia will not part with. Even so, HAL builds 87.7 per cent of the engine's components in India.

51% of the cost of the SU-30 is Indian components, 49% are imported from Russia even now. Without the Russian input production will halt.

Akula

Country flag
Is U2 still flying?

From wikipedia - "Lockheed Corporation originally proposed it in 1953, it was approved in 1954, and its first test flight was in 1955. It was flown during the Cold War over the Soviet Union, China, Vietnam, and Cuba. In 1960, Gary Powers was shot down in a CIA U-2A over the Soviet Union by a surface-to-air missile (SAM). Major Rudolf Anderson Jr. was shot down in a U-2 during the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962."

If U2 could be shot down in 1960, no reason why it cannot be shot down in 2020.
It will serve till 2045.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
👍 Don't come up with half baked statements.

1. We only manufacture certain parts of it the critical one are still imported from russia. Even GE reinvest here and so will france .

2. GE 404 /414 are very efficient and advanced engines in comparison to AL 31 . Also if we go for Su upgrade we will have to go through whole process again and pay for license of new engines .

3. Tejas can be tweaked any time for our requirements we can develop it into mk2 or tedbf not the same with Su.

If we didn't had Rafale then Su might have made sense to go on for another few squadrons but now since we are already going to buy another 2-3 Sqd of Rafale there is no sense in going for more Su.

India knows how to make Al31 from scratch.
Not the case with F404

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Country flag
Please share such good news more often.
The recent spate of industrial accidents in India did seem suspicious and maybe even were sabotage orchestrated by hostile intelligence agencies.
Glad to hear that China is not immune to such events.
In China rival factions of CCP sabotage each other's factories. It's basically an oligarchy, with each county-level or province-level CCP boss or high-ranking PLA officer owning a company. This is their conflict resolution.

I've extensively toured Guangdong's manufacturing belt as part of my job, so I know.

As for the spate of industrial accidents following Art 370, well it's really a spate, and I wish some newspaper starts compiling data from state-level Inspector of Factories' offices.

Indian factories will start getting peppered with cameras and machinery with smarter access control.

Tridev123

Country flag
In China rival factions of CCP sabotage each other's factories. It's basically an oligarchy, with each county-level or province-level CCP boss or high-ranking PLA officer owning a company. This is their conflict resolution.

I've extensively toured Guangdong's manufacturing belt as part of my job, so I know.

As for the spate of industrial accidents following Art 370, well it's really a spate, and I wish some newspaper starts compiling data from state-level Inspector of Factories' offices.

Indian factories will start getting peppered with cameras and machinery with smarter access control.
If the CCP factions do our job, welcome. Our RAW needs to exploit such fault lines in Chinese society to achieve our aims.

We were witnessing almost daily gas leaks from pharmaceutical and chemical units in Andhra Pradesh and Telengana. Very unusual.
The recent accident at Srisailam Hydel Power Plant was particularly mysterious as the top company officials stated that the plant was well maintained and had adequate safety measures.
Foreign intelligence agencies do carry out sabotage of enemy business activities to create fear and slow down the economy. Cyber attacks are frequently used to target strategic industrial centres.

There is no need to become paranoid but adequate safety measures should be taken to minimise such potential attacks.

Pakistan's ISI has a long history of such interference in our country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles