India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

garg_bharat

Country flag
:lehappy: Dont forget China , i heard they sell some nice drones .

Also read on news that UAE is sending a probe to mars on a japanese rocket.
If you want weapons in a hurry, I bet you will have to tap many countries. No single source can give you enough.

There is no doubt India's MIC is in bad shape. But a crisis is very useful to fix things. I welcome the Chinese knocking on the door. Keep knocking.

India can easily spend 30-40 billion USD on importing weapons on emergency basis without getting seriously hurt. So expenses are not a serious problem.

Tridev123

Country flag
LOL , the war is between India vs import . 58 years after 1962 suddenly these idiots started to feel the absence of a light Weight tank . War is a perfect opportunity to grab some money✌
I hope a detailed study has been made on where the light tanks will be deployed and their role. The tanks will move in after the artillery has bombarded the area. Can a light tank be made with weight less than 20 tonnes so that aircraft like the C130j or the Mi26 helo can transport it.

Anyhow even thinking of an indigenous light tank would be a pipe dream. Imports would be the only option in the short term. They can also be employed against Pakistan in Kashmir.

Tridev123

Country flag
IMG_20200715_140343.jpg
o
I don't know whether this has been posted before. How can an ex army man write an article like this. Glorifying the PLA and demoralising our forces. Anybody agreeing with the quoted piece. I think it is a pie of bullshit.
Article is by Pravin Sahwney from the FORCE magazine. July 2020 issue.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View attachment 53096o
I don't know whether this has been posted before. How can an ex army man write an article like this. Glorifying the PLA and demoralising our forces. Anybody agreeing with the quoted piece. I think it is a pie of bullshit.
But it's just stating fact's we should have a well planned startegy the chinese can't be under estimated's I have been to many sino defence forums in chinese and English language's, they also fear us ,so this strong posturing, a well planned exucated plan could destroy the chinese in a blink's.

garg_bharat

Country flag
View attachment 53096o
This Sawhney is on CPC payroll, no doubt.
But are our forces demoralized by this article?

Chinese are incapable of a quick victory in Ladakh. I am 100% certain.
More likely outcome is a war of attrition.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Well said.

Tridev123

Country flag
But it's just stating fact's we should have a well planned startegy the chinese can't be under estimated's I have been to many sino defence forums in chinese and tEnglish language's, they also fear us ,so this strong posturing, a well planned exucated plan could destroy the chinese in a blink's.
He says that a war will lead to a decisive victory for the PLA. Assuming the outcome even before the war starts. India is not Pakistan. We have a big industrial base and are quite advanced in science and technology. He had called our Surgical Strikes after Uri as being imaginary. Has a history of opposing the current Government and its achievements. Pro Congress. To me he looks biased and not objective.

garg_bharat

Country flag
A superpower like USA could not track and kill Bashar Assad of Syria in so many years.

But superpower China has magical weapons that it will cutoff communication between New Delhi and Ladakh instantaneously.

Theoretically a lot is possible but then theoretically China can just wipe out rest of the word and have entire Earth to itself. Why stop at conquest of Ladakh.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
A superpower like USA could not track and kill Bashar Assad of Syria in so many years.

But superpower China has magical weapons that it will cutoff communication between New Delhi and Ladakh instantaneously.

Theoretically a lot is possible but then theoretically China can just wipe out rest of the word and have entire Earth to itself. Why stop at conquest of Ladakh.
It's not about locating but was restrain's.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If I remember properly the chinese has some kind of Installatione's at Dhera Compass La's.

Tridev123

Country flag

You normally don't expect an retired Colonel to toe the enemy line. He has interviewed many chiefs of the Defence Forces and FORCE is subscribed by many serving defence personnel. Such articles certainly do not raise morale of our army.

If the US backs us we can defeat the Chinese in the Tibet region. Even alone we can make them face unacceptable losses.

mokoman

Country flag

Pravin Sahwney is doing gods work.

Anything time the Chinese test anything , the US military will prepare a report on how the Chinese are only few years away from matching US capabilites and then blackmail congress into releases billions.

:dude: I hope his over hyping leads to more funding and equipment for our forces

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
images - 2020-07-15T161057.436.jpeg

China has gone crazy doing more and more exercising in last few's Day's.

Tridev123

Country flag

I believe BSNL has established an underground fibre optical network to facilitate secure communication between defence installations. How can the Chinese cut that especially if the network is isolated from the Internet.

garg_bharat

Country flag
You normally don't expect an retired Colonel to toe the enemy line. He has interviewed many chiefs of the Defence Forces and FORCE is subscribed by many serving defence personnel. Such articles certainly do not raise morale of our army.

If the US backs us we can defeat the Chinese in the Tibet region. Even alone we can make them face unacceptable losses.
Well Pravin Sawhney is editor of Force magazine. And the panelists look like part of Congress ecosystem.

Being from defence forces does not mean without political views. All defence people have political views though they may express in private. Many retired officers have their own political views and they make it known. As long as we live in a democracy, we have to bear with this. We do not have one party rule like China.

Congress is known for self-defeating views on national security. So I am not surprised.

The Punjabi that came after partition of India have some unique characteristics - they have good physique, presence of mind, common sense that makes them successful in defence forces. They also have a dominating trait of self-doubt perhaps a result of living long in a volatile region and facing trauma of partition.

Believe in India and believe we will be successful; despite all the trials and tribulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles