India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokoman

Country flag
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/11/...m-military-exercises-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

A story from state-supported Global Times, appearing on the official English language website of the PLA, showed Beijing's displeasure with Washington over Azar's visit to Taiwan.

It goes on to say if Washington doesn't back down, more moves by the PLA may be necessary.

"If the US goes further, the PLA could take more countermeasures, including live-fire missile drills east of Taiwan island and near Guam,"

---

Military analyst Carl Schuster, a former director of operations at the US Pacific Command's Joint Intelligence Center, said it would not be surprising to see Chinese military exercises that make a strong statement to both Washington and Taipei.

"They probably will do an air-naval strike exercise east of Taiwan. If Xi (Chinese President Xi Jinping) wants to send a threat, it may include a ballistic missile launch into the waters west of Guam,"

:pft: South china sea is heating up .

They are going to shoot ballistic missiles into area near Guam to threaten US.

🙏 lets hope their made-in-china missile crashes into the US naval base there.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
I like how the man is Chinese and the woman is Indian lol, if the roles were swapped then the dude who posted this would have lost his job lol
If there is an Indo China war..I fully expect a CCP pressure campaign.. urging Chinese men and women to divorce their Indian spouses.. Utter Cheapos..Then, they will make a progaganda video, where the Chinese man says... "I chopped off my di*k when I had a boner, as I was disgusted at the thought of having s*x with my Indian wife, while PLA comrades are being killed on the border..":hehe:

jackhammer2

Country flag
A loser who can not join two dots of military coming out of barracks and crossing war time lines on two occasions against China lecturing on 56 inch tells a lot about their shallow agenda.
Members who wants to just dive into a war with the adversary doesn't even want to understand why exactly have PLA divisions are sitting at LAC ? With China signing a 400 bil dollar deal with Iran and Pakistan finally threatening to break its ties with American backed Saudis we are obviously looking at a new world alliance being built around us.I won't be surprised if Russia which is giving signals of acting like a mediator actually tries to force us to join this group of misfits .
Mr Modi is actually at a tricky spot here as USA which would have tried to stop such alliance to grow is busy with upcoming election, covid situation and infighting. And like u said we do lack conventional strength otherwise India would have continued with non alignment.

Kumata

Country flag
.I won't be surprised if Russia which is giving signals of acting like a mediator actually tries to force us to join this group of misfits .
Mr Modi is actually at a tricky spot here as USA which would have tried to stop such alliance to grow is busy with upcoming election, covid situation and infighting. And like u said we do lack conventional strength otherwise India would have continued with non alignment.
Not gonna happen sir. Russian military economy depend on as much on us and china. They don't want their factories to sit idle....so russians have limited influence on current govt. they are not conggies who can be black mailed....

having said that, i believe, we will align ourselves with US broadly behind closed doors... while world will continue to see us as independent... that's why i believe upcoming elections in US are important...

LDev

Country flag
Israel's neighours are as they are because it played its cards right.

Iraq was literally the 4th largest army on the planet. Egyptians were quite respectable as well. Other countries too, in limited aspect, could create massive problems for it. But because it knows how to maintain superiority in context of
technological (constant r&d),
diplomatic (maintaing US firmly on its side and against every other neighbour),
economical (working hard) and
military (working smart) domains,
it was able to customize the region to its own favour.
Israel has used the US to destroy it's Arab enemies systematically since 2003 when the second Gulf War started and Saddam was deposed. Syria is in turmoil and divided, Saddam dead, Libya is in turmoil with a civil war raging, Gadaffi dead, Tunisia and Algeria are toothless and non militant, Iran on it's knees. The monolithic Arab coalition and it's strongmen are all destroyed.

India could, through diplomatic and political manuevers, have stopped pakistan's nuclear capabilities in its track, but it didn't strategize on it the best possible way. Military could have been utilized to thwart any progress on pakistan nuclear weapons. And ultimately, economy could have been bolstered to add to comprehensive national power which could call shots around the region at the very least.
The only option for India was Operation Brasstacks. India had no diplomatic cards to play in the 1987-1989 period when Pakistan got it's nukes. India's strongest ally with whom India had thrown in it's lot was on it's last legs, Gorbachev wanted perestroika at home and a rapprochement with the West, India had no leverage with the West at all at that stage as it was viewed as part of the larger Soviet bloc so a military push into Pakistan to destroy Kahuta was the only option. That was aborted by Rajiv Gandhi.

BabaKhalbali

DG7867

Country flag
Can this be true or is this meaningless statement?

View attachment 56075
Situation in Belarus is definitely worrying... this Lukashenko fella may have turned into Slavic Oli. Few things to keep in mind:

• Russia has been loosing vassals lately, but was feeling secure with Belarus.
  • But things are not cozy lately between Putin and Lukashenko
  • Lukashenko may have received help from 11 Jingping in rigging the elections
  • What does China gain from this? If shit hits the fan, then US+NATO & Russia may get distracted in Eastern Europe, this gives China some freedom to conduct ops in Taiwan & Ladakh..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles