India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

neel9821

Country flag
Not sure if the following is shared here. Just wonder what now stops us raising Tibet, HK, Taiwan? When will our MEA babus stop playing good boys :facepalm:

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
It's not about soldiers getting used to the war & slaughter.
It's about the people of the country, the father, mother, wife and Children getting used to hundreds/thousands bodies coming back.

India is used to soldiers dying,
we have been losing soldiers, even officers quiet frequently & the people as a whole see the martyrdom as an honor. GOI irrespective of which party is in power, has been fairly consistent in honoring the braves lost in battles.
India as a civilization responds to martyrdom with pride and anger.

China & Chinese people on the other hand have been living in relative peace, lot of them leading very comfortable life with rising income & opportunity. They have not lost soldiers in a long while, until a month back. And more importantly, these soldiers were not lost defending their land.
How the Chinese people & relatives of the fallen respond is a mystery. A hundred you can probably. Thousands of dead, it's game changer.
It's not like some one invaded CHina and are killing these people. It's the PLA which invaded another country and getting killed.

US did not lose Vietnam war in Vietnam.
They lost it in USA.

As aggressor, CCP would have it pretty hard to sell the dead bodies to Chinese people.
The fact is that we dont know how the dead soliders' wives and relatives will respond.. And counting on them to make CCP throw in the towel would be folly. But, what we know is Indian soldiers are better trained in mountain warfare, and fight harder.. So, better chinese forepower would be nullified to some extent.. Also, China now claiming to be a superpowr, they would be under greater pressure if the war drags on.. as it would dent their credibility

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
The fact is that we dont know how the dead soliders' wives and relatives will respond.. And counting on them to make CCP throw in the towel would be folly. But, what we know is Indian soldiers are better trained in mountain warfare, and fight harder.. So, better chinese forepower would be nullified to some extent.. Also, China now claiming to be a superpowr, they would be under greater pressure if the war drags on.. as it would dent their credibility
Fair point on how they would react,

That's why I quoted a precedent in Vietnam war and how US had to pull back after massive domestic backlash.

China losing soldiers fighting for their land is vastly different to losing soldiers occupying other's land.
But if there is one country that supress and sell their view, it's China and it's CCP.

johnq

Not sure if the following is shared here. Just wonder what now stops us raising Tibet, HK, Taiwan? When will our MEA babus stop playing good boys :facepalm:

Time to ban Chinese devices.

cereal killer

Country flag

Man they will come up TTF statements: This is our internal matter :frusty:. Instead MEA dude Should try Hongkong issue. China did a constitutional change there as well. But I know that's not gonna happen:facepalm:

DownWithCCP

Country flag
Does India have offensive cyber capabilities, can we target the Chinese industrial control system(SCADA) , networking systems etc.?

garg_bharat

Country flag

Don't count on MEA giving any strong reaction.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Does India have offensive cyber capabilities, can we target the Chinese industrial control system(SCADA) , networking systems etc.?
They have built a great firewall and isolated themselves from the world.

India is behind in cyber warfare. I think India has started taking these things seriously within last few years. I would not count on any great capability.

cereal killer

Country flag
They have built a great firewall and isolated themselves from the world.

India is behind in cyber warfare. I think India has started taking these things seriously within last few years. I would not count on any great capability.
Well we suck in psy ops so I would say our cyber warfare may not be in a good shape. North Korean hackers have penetrated numerously into ISRO databases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles