Status
Not open for further replies.

sorcerer

Country flag
India to upgrade air operations capability in eastern Ladakh
By Ajit K Dubey |

3-4 minutes

Updated: Aug 08, 2021 20:35 IST
Nyoma (Ladakh) [India], August 8 (ANI): At a time when China is expeditiously building its capability to operate fighters near eastern Ladakh, India is also considering expanding its capability to operate fixed-wing aircraft from facilities near the border with China.
India has been considering multiple options of developing airfields in eastern Ladakh including Daulat Beg Oldi (DBO), Fukche and Nyoma which are at a distance of few minutes from the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China.

"Nyoma ALG has strategic importance due to its close proximity to Line of Actual Control. It bridges the critical gap between Leh airfield and the LAC enabling quick movement of men and material in eastern Ladakh, overcoming terrain friction," Rathi said.
The Nyoma airbase Chief Operations Officer said the ALG will "further help in quicker access to the heights and sustenance operations thereafter. The air operations infrastructure at Nyoma enhances the Op capability of forces."
He said, "It also improves connectivity for the entire population in the eastern Ladakh region."

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
By Ajit K Dubey |

3-4 minutes

Nyoma (Ladakh) [India], August 8 (ANI): At a time when China is expeditiously building its capability to operate fighters near eastern Ladakh, India is also considering expanding its capability to operate fixed-wing aircraft from facilities near the border with China.
India has been considering multiple options of developing airfields in eastern Ladakh including Daulat Beg Oldi (DBO), Fukche and Nyoma which are at a distance of few minutes from the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China.

"Nyoma ALG has strategic importance due to its close proximity to Line of Actual Control. It bridges the critical gap between Leh airfield and the LAC enabling quick movement of men and material in eastern Ladakh, overcoming terrain friction," Rathi said.
The Nyoma airbase Chief Operations Officer said the ALG will "further help in quicker access to the heights and sustenance operations thereafter. The air operations infrastructure at Nyoma enhances the Op capability of forces."
He said, "It also improves connectivity for the entire population in the eastern Ladakh region."

We need to pave the DBO airstrip as soon as possible so that medium and heavy transport like An-32 and IL-76 can land there without damaging their tires. Our supply lines are pretty stretched in DBO.

Majority still have insaa
Wrong, the majority already got Sig. In fact, I can see Sig. with frontline troops (infantry units) regularly even in peaceful areas now.

But even though, INSAS is not a bad rifle :)

Knowitall

I wanted to know has the disengagement benefitted one side or has been equal overall.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I wanted to know has the disengagement benefitted one side or has been equal overall.
This round of disengagement has benefited China according to my initial analysis. But the reason is mainly that we have inferior infrastructure which hinders us to deploy quickly whereas China can reach their previous location within 15 minutes.

Deadtrap

Country flag
By Ajit K Dubey |

3-4 minutes

Full fledged airbase at Nyoma is coming 100%. Nitin has been saying it since last year. Mostly Nyoma ALG will be converted.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
The mechanism of guarding the LAC will be detailed after things get settled or after they get worse. It is quite early to reach to conclusions.

Why Chinese came and how they acted has been discussed here in detail. The answer to your question will evoke some responses in binaries but the real outcome will be something in greys and many fine details.

Chinese were aggressor. They have end up disturbing the long lasting peace. For few encroachments and couple of miles here and there which India will contest they have trapped themselves with men, money and a hostile neighbour. Not to mention the causalities have already started to mount. More accidents and more harsh weather will be faced now operating under higher alert levels.

1. There will be no tranquility with them. No business as usual.

2. If they think they were there to play some bigger game along with Pakistan now they will fear us playing same games of military connotations with other players. Both on diplomatic and other fronts they will be confronted. We are already doing war games in South Vietnam sea.

3. Encroachments will be done now with same contempt and they will be forced to man the border. We already showed them some specimens on Kailash ranges.

4. Our Army is not run by fools, the joke is on them who read propagandist and known losers to make an opinion in black and white.

ThE BrOkEn HeArT

Country flag
Who are these misinformed Indian Nibbas on another forum, trapped in porkis propaganda? There is no land stolen by China in Ladhakh conflict. This conflicts is all about buffer zone. Our Military leadership and GOI already cleared it. And I personally also have some sources at LAC who confirmed GOI statement. So I request to all Indians on different forums , don't fall in trap of porkis and some Swanay type people in India. They are working on an agenda.
IDF 2.jpg
IDF.jpg

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Who are these misinformed Indian Nibbas on another forum, trapped in porkis propaganda? There is no land stolen by China in Ladhakh conflict. This conflicts is all about buffer zone. Our Military leadership and GOI already cleared it. And I personally also have some sources at LAC who confirmed GOI statement. So I request to all Indians on different forums , don't fall in trap of porkis and some Swanay type people in India. They are working on an agenda.
View attachment 103863View attachment 103864
These are immature reactive people. They feed on media nerratives and popular opinions. They then vomit the same on forums without knowing anything. If you call them out they start indulging in every possible logical fallacy to bog you down with boring debates with never ending nitpicks.

Sehwag231

Country flag
What is even guarantee that they are India ? Why can't they be ISPR bots ?

Kumata

Country flag
They should have kept local environmental fee of 300 otherwise people will litter all around and locals will not he happy about it
300 re is not even peanuts for those who litter.. either way.. money makes no diff... Shimla / manali are prime examples of this despite heavy green tax .

Abdus Salem killed

It's from a statement by Rahul Gandhi

Knowitall

This round of disengagement has benefited China according to my initial analysis. But the reason is mainly that we have inferior infrastructure which hinders us to deploy quickly whereas China can reach their previous location within 15 minutes.
Benefitted china?

That's a bit surprising and sad at the same time. I was under the impression that both sides had retreated equally thus creating a buffer zone.

Buffer zones to me remain an issue as the land though not under our physical control for a long time mostly belongs to us as per the official borders.

ThE BrOkEn HeArT

Country flag
What analysis you are talking about? Where you have read it?

ThE BrOkEn HeArT

Country flag
Benefitted china?

That's a bit surprising and sad at the same time. I was under the impression that both sides had retreated equally thus creating a buffer zone.

Buffer zones to me remain an issue as the land though not under our physical control for a long time mostly belongs to us as per the official borders.
Why India would benefit China when IA has an edge ? This is all rubbish.

Suhaldev

Country flag
Benefitted china?

Benefit largely depends upon how you read the situation as negotiations will continue.

We pushed back aggressive Chinese from their claim line which they also used to patrol (not all areas) but created a buffer zone where we too lost patrolling rights (in all the areas)

Now, once everything settles down (war isn't happening both sides don't want it) govt should clarify between controlled territory and patrolling territory (not likely to happen) + how long such buffer zones will be maintained (even after status quo ante) and what would be actionplan if its breached.

As these points will never be clarified, we will always speculate based on hearsay/ so called sources of journalists.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Few updates from Ladakh,
  • 1 Corps offensive elements have been moved to the frontline after acclimatization.

• Some offensive forces which can be very crucial in a war with China apart from 1 Corps have also been sent to Ladakh. I am withholding this information because of its sensitivity (I know I sound like those Twitter babas claiming anything, but this time I cannot provide you the source).
I would only say, damn ! We are in full preparation ! If you think we are slacking or govt. is giving up land to China just to disengage, you are completely wrong here !

Tomorrow you can wake up to the news of Kailash Range captured again :cruisin2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles