India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I have some bad news from the Gogra-Hotspring area. I will post analysis with satellite pictures in some time.
Our forces have thinned out our presence, while PLA hasn't???
Recently latest high-resolution satellite images of the Gogra-Hotspring area have been made available on Google Earth.

1) Hot Spring Area :-

According to the latest imagery (11th Feb 2021), we have lost land to China.

China seemed to have previously crossed with a significant amount of forces and equipment, as the tent marks and clearly visible. Still today, their camp seems to contain around 12 tents and remains unchallenged by us.

A closer look at the same area, Chinese tent marks are visible along with the Chinese camp.

A little inside the Chinese side, they have reinforced with a massive amount of troops and equipment, including artillery and tanks.

2) North of Hot Spring (unnamed area) - coordinate is 34deg. 32min. 23.53sec N 78deg. 38min. 11.57sec E.

China intruded around 2 km inside LAC, starting from Mid-May. But for some unknown reason, pulled-back within LAC limits starting July, and completely went behind LAC by the last week of July.

unknown.gif

What is baffling is, we have absolutely no presence in that area apart from a mud road, (even now) as if Army couldn't care less.

3) General Area Gogra

Perhaps this all might have made sense if we were at least trying to oppose or confront China by aggressive deployment, but the exact opposite is happening. By January, we started to pull back troops from the Gogra-Hotspring area, which was not mirrored my China.

Now currently, our combined total strength in the Gogra-Hotspring area remains shy of 300, that too may be an overestimation, versus more than 2000+ strength of China in that area.

Resources:- Google Earth
To see the latest images, use Google Earth Pro (desktop/MacOS app), don't click on the historic image button on Google Earth, the latest images are by default visible.

Knowitall

Recently latest high-resolution satellite images of the Gogra-Hotspring area have been made available on Google Earth.

China seemed to have previously crossed with a significant amount of forces and equipment, as the tent marks and clearly visible. Still today, their camp seems to contain around 12 tents and remains unchallenged by us.

A closer look at the same area, Chinese tent marks are visible along with the Chinese camp.

A little inside the Chinese side, they have reinforced with a massive amount of troops and equipment, including artillery and tanks.

2) North of Hot Spring (unnamed area) - coordinate is 34deg. 32min. 23.53sec N 78deg. 38min. 11.57sec E.

China intruded around 2 km inside LAC, starting from Mid-May. But for some unknown reason, pulled-back within LAC limits starting July, and completely went behind LAC by the last week of July.

View attachment 82143

What is baffling is, we have absolutely no presence in that area apart from a mud road, (even now) as if Army couldn't care less.

3) General Area Gogra

Perhaps this all might have made sense if we were at least trying to oppose or confront China by aggressive deployment, but the exact opposite is happening. By January, we started to pull back troops from the Gogra-Hotspring area, which was not mirrored my China.

Now currently, our combined total strength in the Gogra-Hotspring area remains shy of 300, that too may be an overestimation, versus more than 2000+ strength of China in that area.

To see the latest images, use Google Earth Pro (desktop/MacOS app), don't click on the historic image button on Google Earth, the latest images are by default visible.
I had asked this previously also but what exactly can china do here after our withdrawal what can they achieve and what are their territorial ambitions in these areas.

The fact that they are still in our territory is an other issue but thinning out so much even before the whole process is done just regular short sightedness on our part.

Abdus Salem killed

View attachment 82143

3) General Area Gogra

Can you give me the coordinates of hot springs area first one

I don't think that's a Chinese camp like the last village was India's in the upper subansiri district

I think that's an Indian camp as well considering the position and proximity to the closest camp

These can't be determined by satellite images

Last edited:

mokoman

Country flag

View attachment 82143

3) General Area Gogra

:hmm: Whats coords for hot spring area where they crossed LAC.

:dude: it pretty much looks like what you said , only doubt i have is whether LAC line on google is correct .

wonder what kind of jhumla is going on .

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I had asked this previously also but what exactly can china do here after our withdrawal what can they achieve and what are their territorial ambitions in these areas.

The fact that they are still in our territory is an other issue but thinning out so much even before the whole process is done just regular short sightedness on our part.
Short-term is general muscle flexing and salami slicing. The Gogra-Hotspring area is rich in minerals.

If the Hotspring area falls, the shaded area of land will be lost, and it is a significant amount of area.

Can you give me the coordinates of hot springs area first one
:hmm: Whats coords for hot spring area where they crossed LAC.

:dude: it pretty much looks like what you said , only doubt i have is whether LAC line on google is correct .

wonder what kind of jhumla is going on .
34deg. 17min. 22.45sec N 78deg. 53min. 07.42 E

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Short-term is general muscle flexing and salami slicing. The Gogra-Hotspring area is rich in minerals.

If the Hotspring area falls, the shaded area of land will be lost, and it is a significant amount of area.

34deg. 17min. 22.45sec N 78deg. 53min. 07.42 E
Ya'll Nibbiars are you sure. If then I will post it on Twitter. If not then leave it's.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars are you sure. If then I will post it on Twitter. If not then leave it's.
Okay, so in that case, I deny any responsibility or guarantee the correctness of my post. Viewers may accept my post at their own discretion.

The last thing I want is MI/IB on my tail again.

@mokoman I will post an analysis of Galwan tomorrow, we are digging elaborate trenches and creating artillery pits and permanent camps even during winter (Oct - Feb), when there was no action. One thing is certain, there is no disengagement, more like strategic pullback by China because they were losing in Pangong Tso.

This summer brings bloodshed.

Last edited:

Abdus Salem killed

Yes, I am sure. Please post it on Twitter, and spread this news. Tag reporters like Nitin Gokhale, Saurab Jha, and Vishnu Som, as well as OSINT accounts like @detresfa_

@mokoman I will post an analysis of Galwan tomorrow, we are digging elaborate trenches and creating artillery pits and permanent camps even during winter (Oct - Feb), when there was no action. One thing is certain, there is no disengagement, more like strategic pullback by China because they were losing in Pangong Tso.

Don't post it now no one knows the truth wait for confirmation before posting pls

DownWithCCP

Country flag
Yes, I am sure. Please post it on Twitter, and spread this news. Tag reporters like Nitin Gokhale, Saurab Jha, and Vishnu Som, as well as OSINT accounts like @detresfa_

I mean post if you are 101% sure

DownWithCCP

Country flag

@Hellfire If you have inputs please post.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Don't post it now no one knows the truth wait for confirmation before posting pls
Confirmation from whom? Govt. is hiding it. Army wants to make peace quicky and get their medals.

I mean post if you are 101% sure
Well, I am just an internet stranger. Don't believe me, believe satellite images, you have them. Analyze yourself and come to a conclusion.

Why haven't the OSINT handles picked up on this?
Images are released today only. It will get picked up in few days.

mokoman

Country flag

fuck man you are right , good hi res images on galwan valley , that too from this january.

looks like they moved back about 1km from LAC , triangle base.

we also moved back about same distance.

DownWithCCP

Country flag
Well, I am just an internet stranger. Don't believe me, believe satellite images, you have them. Analyze yourself and come to a conclusion.
Well ins't that the entire problem, your posts are going to be used as arguments in the future as no one is knowledgeable enough or even has the time to go searching for images so I all I asked was to be 100% sure about it, and not let it turn into "Chushul air field capture" 2.0.

mokoman

Country flag
Confirmation from whom? Govt. is hiding it. Army wants to make peace quicky and get their medals.

Images are released today only. It will get picked up in few days.
i think only issue is if the LAC line on google earth is accurate .

its clearly wrong in pangong tso area , if you compare it with ITBP leaked map.

so it could be wrong for gogra/hot spring.

They could well be outside our preception of LAC.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Well ins't that the entire problem, your posts are going to be used as arguments in the future as no one is knowledgeable enough or even has the time to go searching for images so I all I asked was to be 100% sure about it, and not let it turn into "Chushul air field capture" 2.0.
Okay, so in that case, I deny any responsibility or guarantee the correctness of my post. Viewers may accept my post at their own discretion.

The last thing I want is MI/IB on my tail.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

View attachment 82143

3) General Area Gogra

Where is the LAC reference from?

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
too late bro , i already called up the UP women hotline ,

you will get SMS shortly.
Pehle kyu nahi likhya thanks good that I clamped down the post. And made like its two months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles