India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
taking India’s defensive posture into consideration, antidote to tanks are not tanks but rather ATGM. Even if PLA starts a tank intrusion, as long as ATGM are in place, situation can still be handled by the time Indian tanks get there. this is from a layman’s perspective ofcourse.
Small caliber ambush with anti-material snipper component can halt their advances effectively. ATGM will wreak havoc nonetheless.

@Bhadra your absence is now officially unkind.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
It depends on the temperature. Once it drops below -20 Celsius, as it usually does at night, and with snow and ice, things start to get very difficult for soldiers outdoors, even with winter clothing. I am speaking from experience in cold areas (not Ladakh), although I don't know how good the Indian soldiers' clothing and equipment are.
More number of High altitude warfare certified Indian troops have put in more number of days on average in this environment than PLA soldiers, that’s for sure. and this has been going on for decades.

just to give you a glimpse of the environment in those areas in peak snow season, from a civilian perspective.

AsuraKiller203

Country flag
Contrary to what others here have said, I don’t view Trump as being particularly good for Indian interests. Trump is extraordinarily transactional and had he won a second term, he might have cut a deal with China if they offered him a good one and thrown India to the wolves. He did the same to his Kurdish allies in Syria against Turkey. Pompeo was downright hostile to China but Trump could have replaced him with someone who was not.

India US relations have had bipartisan support and the fact that that Biden and Harris reached out to the Indian diaspora as strongly as they did, is a good sign.
To those who think the leftists will have a free run are mostly mistaken. Biden is as centralist as it get. He doesn’t particularly care for the leftists and he will know that even the democratic party turned against the leftists in the primary which is why he won.

Too many here are critical of Kamala Harris . As VP, she will have very limited influence (among other things, she had to agree that all her officials will be vetted by the Biden team alone and that her advisors wouldn’t have any role in the administration , including reportedly her powerful sister who was Hillary’ top advisor but that particular report about Maya Harris was then walked back)

As a California Senator, she didn’t need to be a centralist but as her outreach to the Indian community showed, she needs them for her future political career. I don’t expect any anti Indian attitude from her, no matter that she mentioned Kashmir once in reply to a question. Means very little in the real world. Democrats always make comments but as we know, it was the Republicans under pro India President Bush who did the silly ban on Modi to appease Muslim sentiments.

Countries have interests and India remains very important to US interests and Biden who will likely have only one term will want very much to leave a mark on history. That won’t be done by silly fulminations on India’s domestic politics.

I would have liked Trump to win but my reasons were different. Trump was a red rag to the global leftists and for that reason alone, I wanted him to be around. We don’t need any attention shifted towards us but unfortunately , that wasn’t to be.

We have to deal with what will come our way but I don’t think Biden becoming President is a big issue in of itself.
I want Trump to win but agree with a lot of what you say.

But Kamala may very likely become the Prez in this term n I hope her influence continues to remain small or we flip her!

shade

Country flag
Plus it has been well established and documented that India is the victim of Chinese agression in recent months, if push comes to shove we can always ask publicly if US Gov teaming with expansionist CCP, against the largest democracy in the world.
Unlikely since post Galwan Modi and Kadi Ninda have been saying “KoI nAHi GhuSSa” on repeat, and MEA people do “differing perceptions of LAC” continously.

Whatever had to happen viz Biden raaj has to happen behind closed doors

Last edited:

AsuraKiller203

Country flag
India is not Syria or Kurdistan.

With or without Trump, Americans are ready to throw India under the bus and Modi is fully aware of it. The cringeworthy buttering and personal rapport Modi tried with both Obama and Trump was an effort to create a fastener which may work or not.

The G2 is inevitable because India will not become outsourcing destination for ever-growing monstrous US Federal spending. OTOH China has been sustaining it for them directly or indirectly.

India will go slow and work on business viability model. China on the other hand will fake it as long as it can. From currency depriciation to cooking the books China can soak all the long and short term over-heating of its finances. India do not have such a luxury because our margins too small to play around.

If we can grow at faster pace, industrialize and attract FDI consistently then things may change and slow down G2. With all the best outcomes we may bring about with our economy we will best become an alternative chip for USA to use against China whenever they will hit any negotiation deadlocks. To completely flip China and replace it with India there is a delay of decade or more.

Till then whosoever comes in power in USA there will be a hardship of India in terms of getting full support against belligerent China and also in bilateral.

Any analyst especially Leftist types attributing unstable Indo-US relationship on change of political guard are only analyzing a very microscopic part of it.
I love how you described the economic situation. Wish I could like it x 10. You are very good with words.

Tumba

Tihar Jail
Banned

TOI also has an article up saying similar things, based on ANI citing "defense sources".
Now people can buy their Xiaomeme, Oppo, Vivo etc things guilt-free.
The main thing India has finally learned is never to withdraw against Chinese, this lesson was hard learned ...
Indian Military is not only staying for winters in strategic areas... Its going to become permanent ... COAS is made for a reason even if Modi loses 2024... Military has been given final say no repeat of UPA2 grand schemes now.

So rest assured India wont pull back ever.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Unlikely since post Galwan Modi and Kadi Ninda have been saying “KoI nAHi GhuSSa” on repeat, and MEA people do “differing perceptions of LAC” continously.

Whatever had to happen viz Biden raaj has to happen behind closed doors
“Koi nahi ghusa” argument doesn’t matter, since soldiers have sacrificed their lives is a fact, more than 100,000 troops deployed along LAC is a fact, war ka mahaul with fighter jets doing CAPS along LAC is a fact.

On a side note, I have strong feeling that CIA will give an assessment that India-CCP will not go to war, because that’s what our desi coconut strategic experts have been telling them.

Deadtrap

Country flag
More number of High altitude warfare certified Indian troops have put in more number of days on average in this environment than PLA soldiers, that’s for sure. and this has been going on for decades.

just to give you a glimpse of the environment in those areas in peak snow season, from a civilian perspective.

One should checkout India in Motion channel. That dude has posted several videos of Ladakh during Winter. But yes this particular video sums up everything into one.

johnq

taking India’s defensive posture into consideration, antidote to tanks are not tanks but rather ATGM. Even if PLA starts a tank intrusion, as long as ATGM are in place, situation can still be handled by the time Indian tanks get there. this is from a layman’s perspective ofcourse.
ATGM is fine IF you are willing to initiate a firefight. So far both sides are playing "Go," and just occupying previously unoccupied areas. Indian soldiers are allowed to fire only if they feel threatened. The latest agreements are once again designed to restrain Indian soldiers from going kinetic. If you are not allowed to initiate a firefight and fire ATGMs on tanks, the best way to stop tanks from coming in further is to put your own tanks in the way, which is what the Indian Army has been doing until now. That is why I feel moving the Indian tanks further back is a mistake, because the Chinese tanks are already encroaching on Indian side of LAC (once you throw away the "differing perceptions" nonsense peddled by the MEA bureaucrats and China).
I expect PLA to break all agreements and move their tanks and troops back into Indian side of LAC once their CCP-owned man is the US President and heavy winter sets in, giving their side the advantage (because of better infrastructure/roads on Chinese side). So post January 20th 2021.

sorcerer

Country flag
India China Standoff: Chinese agree to discuss Ladakh region, 3 step De-Escalation process soon

sorcerer

Country flag
Arunachal has 35% of India’s Graphite Deposits: GSI Report

Graphene Applications for Defence
Radar signature reduction coatings.
The tunability of gra-phene over a broad spectrum of electromagnetic wave-lengths or its selective absorption provide a positive cost/benefit ratio as compared to other camouflage solutions.

Flexible lightweight batteries. The weight reduction, the high specific surface area and flexibility of graphene make a clear difference from the products currently available.

Supercapacitor electrodes are already demonstrating that graphene enhances the capability to withstand higher loads than commercially available ones. Their arrival on the defence market is expected in four years

Chemical/Biological/Radiological/Nuclear sensors. Selectivity and sensitivity will be the main features to be targeted in future developments, together with packaging issues. High investments and a long pre-market develop-ment phase are expected.

Drones will clearly benefit from graphene developments for many of their components: lightweight structure, electron-ics, cameras, or sensors.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
India China Standoff: Chinese agree to discuss Ladakh region, 3 step De-Escalation process soon

Yeah right, after Biden's winning now China suddenly wants to discuss de-escalation?

shade

Country flag

There is no de-escalation, there is Chinese land grab confirmation and consolidation and Indian capitulation

Arunachal has 35% of India’s Graphite Deposits: GSI Report

Graphene Applications for Defence
Radar signature reduction coatings.
The tunability of gra-phene over a broad spectrum of electromagnetic wave-lengths or its selective absorption provide a positive cost/benefit ratio as compared to other camouflage solutions.

Flexible lightweight batteries. The weight reduction, the high specific surface area and flexibility of graphene make a clear difference from the products currently available.

Supercapacitor electrodes are already demonstrating that graphene enhances the capability to withstand higher loads than commercially available ones. Their arrival on the defence market is expected in four years

Chemical/Biological/Radiological/Nuclear sensors. Selectivity and sensitivity will be the main features to be targeted in future developments, together with packaging issues. High investments and a long pre-market develop-ment phase are expected.

Drones will clearly benefit from graphene developments for many of their components: lightweight structure, electron-ics, cameras, or sensors.

Now when you go to mine this graphite, there will be loads of """local"""" unga bungas protesting, (((NGOs))) helping out, Chinese supported and equipped tribal secessionist groups, (((National Green Tribunal))) going environmental drama, and court cases.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

Ye kya ho raha hai, atmnirbharta se pheley he ofb export kar raha
Is this genuine or fake news tweeted by a bastard babu who handles Oh Effing B's twitter account ? If true I will bet my bollocks that the ammo will be thrown back at their fugly faces and pushed up their asses as soon as the first malfunction happens in an M4.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
While it is ok to debate on what X or Y’s attitude towards India is going to be, but ultimately we have to start asking ourself whether India’s sales pitch is sound enough to create a leverage even among its naysayers.

Do we have enough counter atrocity literature material to counter any of the old allegations that may come from White House or Capitol Hill ? I think we do, enough pointers have been released by GoI in the aftermath of dilution of Art. 370, that + latest data of terror attacks since then just need to be repeated consistently to ward off any chance of Capitol Hill influencing US Govt policy.

On military front, even if we assume quad will sent back to bottom shelf in White House, we have only one outstanding request by GoI that is MQ-9 which has been pending since Obama days, here too GoI didn’t stop working on indigenous solution that is TAPAS 201, so we are covered there too. If GoI was so sure of US GOV selling MQ-9 they wouldn’t be funding domestic solutions, which indicates GoI was already preparing for all outcomes.

Plus it has been well established and documented that India is the victim of Chinese agression in recent months, if push comes to shove we can always ask publicly if US Gov teaming with expansionist CCP, against the largest democracy in the world.
Propeller powered armed drones are toast aginst China. Even Pakistan lost a few armed chinese drones to Indian SAMs and sukhois after Balakot. W.r.t China, US would not team up with China in a Indo China war; they would probably stay neutral or maybe some diplomatic support..

Shashank Nayak

Country flag

Yeah right, after Biden's winning now China suddenly wants to discuss de-escalation?
There is no trap here. Its just India's Aukaat.. Calling it a trap and using words like betrayal, is only to inflate our own bruised ego, so that we will be able to endure repeated humiliation.. The chinese have consistently broken agreements, but the eagerness shown by Indian leadership for new agreements with China, shows just how pathetic our situation is.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
There is no trap here. Its just India's Aukaat.. Calling it a trap and using words like betrayal, is only to inflate our own bruised ego, so that we will be able to endure repeated humiliation.. The chinese have consistently broken agreements, but the eagerness shown by Indian leadership for new agreements with China, shows just how pathetic our situation is.
Although I understand our brewing mistrust and anger towards the spinelessness of GoI, MoD as well as towards Army who has submitted themselves under the thumbs of greedy babus.

Oh! where are those lost days of glory, when Sir Sam Manekshaw flirted with the prime minister herself (Indira Gandhi), his balls heavier than the tank, an character of outstanding fortitude and military glory.

But, I think we need to realize the limitations of our military capability. MoD can only speak as loud as the length of the stick Army possesses.

DownWithCCP

Country flag
Although I understand our brewing mistrust and anger towards the spinelessness of GoI, MoD as well as towards Army who has submitted themselves under the thumbs of greedy babus.

Oh! where are those lost days of glory, when Sir Sam Manekshaw flirted with the prime minister herself (Indira Gandhi), his balls heavier than the tank, an character of outstanding fortitude and military glory.

But, I think we need to realize the limitations of our military capability. MoD can only speak as loud as the length of the stick Army possesses.
Stop shivering, the only limitations that we have to realize is that of the government and the MEA(which of course is a part of it) Almost all ex-servicemen think the IA is well poised to take on the PLA and give them a thrashing that they deserve, they are only being restrained by coward babus and politicians in the government. There is absolutely no need to sow seeds of doubt about the capabilities of the IA, it is not that the stick wielded by IA isn't long enough, it is just that the courage of the present govt.(bad surprise tbh) and bureaucracy(no surprise here) is nil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles