India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
There was no treaty that defined the LAC though, so the bullies can claim whatever they want. Sikkim was recognized in a treaty.
AFAIK Sikkim and Bhutan are part of Tibet as per the 1959 claim line. So quoting the 1959 claim line in Sep 2020 stand-off is reneging on a Treaty. In any case, the treaty was a mistake in my opinion.

GunDeGunday

Country flag
By invoking the 1959 "claim line" in Sep 2020 the Chinese have already thrown the previous treaties under the bus.
I am unfamiliar with this matter, what was China's role in Sikkim?

I only know the barebones that it was a kingdom that them went into turmoil and joined us after a referendum but I don't know actual details of how it happened or what China has to do with it.

ataru09

Country flag
AFAIK Sikkim and Bhutan are part of Tibet as per the 1959 claim line. So quoting the 1959 claim line in Sep 2020 stand-off is reneging on a Treaty. In any case, the treaty was a mistake in my opinion.
The 1959 claim line refers to chinese claims in Ladakh only.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
I am unfamiliar with this matter, what was China's role in Sikkim?

I only know the barebones that it was a kingdom that them went into turmoil and joined us after a referendum but I don't know actual details of how it happened or what China has to do with it.
No role, except that they claim Tibet as part of China and Sikkim as part of Tibet.
Do not know too much of history of the Kingdom.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
The 1959 claim line refers to chinese claims in Ladakh only.

Yeah. I stand corrected. Not a part of 1959 claim line. In the reply by then PM, to the claim line, he mentioned that Chinese were disputing the settled border in 1890 agreement on Sikkim and Bhutan between Britain and China. I got these 2 things mixed.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
And Kashmiri terrorists even in international forums. Chinese have little to no leverage against india.
They have shown all their cards including giving nukes to pakis.
Yes.. they support the biggest and most violent insurgency.. by sponsoring Pakistan which does their dirty work.. its time to squeeze chinese balls..

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Some body please reply to that chong that .
Sikkimese would rip of heads of people like him .
Plus what type of idiot would say about supporting sepratist movent in ne India in open.
As if they dont do now .
Some should tell him .
Xinjiang and Tibet, Sichuan.
Guangdong and Shanghai and inner Mongolia are more fragile than us .

mokoman

Country flag
So let's check your OSINT skills :)

From the video, identify the Chinese positions. Let's start from the first part where they are carrying material on horseback, which location is that?

Hint: It starts with Schrodinger's....

@mokoman tagging you for visibility.
:dude: looks like they are climbing up to black top , then going down to yellow bump.

Weird - no sight of their drones , i figured they would use the drones to carry the horses up .

I seen few of their older CCTV border vids , all of them have their soldiers crying , the reporter grabbing their hands showing how its rough and bruised .

There is a weird episode where a woman reporter washes feet of border guard - later she then shows the footage in a auditorium to some civilians , then they start crying .

shade

Country flag
:dude: looks like they are climbing up to black top , then going down to yellow bump.

Weird - no sight of their drones , i figured they would use the drones to carry the horses up .

I seen few of their older CCTV border vids , all of them have their soldiers crying , the reporter grabbing their hands showing how its rough and bruised .

There is a weird episode where a woman reporter washes feet of border guard - later she then shows the footage in a auditorium to some civilians , then they start crying .
North Korean style forced melodrama and hamming.
Chenez haven't perfected the art of propaganda even after all these years, sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles