India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
US will never go to war with China, China now has dominance in the Asian region more or less and America is going to pull out of Afghanistan within a few years.
yes, agree. As things stand today this is a fair assumption.

I don’t think all major players in US are convinced yet that US should take on CCP.

if U.S is seriously planning to take on CCP, it would reflect immediately in Hollywood movie scripts.

shade

Country flag

I don’t think all major players in US are convinced yet that US should take on CCP.

if U.S is seriously planning to take on CCP, it would reflect immediately in Hollywood movie scripts.
And trigger the LARGE CHINESE MARKET? nope.
You notice all Hollywood movies have pro-Chinese portrayals now? it is because they are the largest or second largest market for movies now.

MrPresident

Country flag
Guys I came across the below link, looking at war between Armenia and Azerbaijan it is clear thing that swarm drone age has arrived. What options do we have to counter it if a war breaks out today?

Do we have equipment to Jam the network/up-link of drones?
Would it be possible to even Jam or bring down the drone flying at 16 to 20k feet height without firing a SAM battery?
Is there a way to defeat these swarm drones? Firing SAMs on these are giant waste of resource IMHO.

garg_bharat

Country flag

The American attitude is to ignore Chinese actions as long as China exports in US dollar.

The day China stops accepting the US dollar, you will get dozens of Hollywood movies depicting China as an enemy.

Anyway, several events can trigger a war between USA and China; Taiwan being the first flashpoint. Second is a naval clash in South or East China sea.

China has not kept its word on Hongkong. So trust between USA/UK and China is gone.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The American attitude is to ignore Chinese actions as long as China exports in US dollar.

The day China stops accepting the US dollar, you will get dozens of Hollywood movies depicting China as an enemy.

Anyway, several events can trigger a war between USA and China; Taiwan being the first flashpoint. Second is a naval clash in South or East China sea.
does Taiwan have any security pact with U.S, I don’t think so.

I know of South Korea and Japan security pacts.

shade

Country flag
does Taiwan have any security pact with U.S, I don’t think so.

I know of South Korea and Japan security pacts.
They are a defacto protectorate.
Security pacts can be broken.
Taiwan has once been ghosted by the Kissinger-Nixon administration I think when they convinced PRC to open up and all, but this didn't last for long, knowing the 4D chess machinations of the US deep state is very possible that US will sit back and do nothing if PRC tries a military grab of Taiwan, i.e RoC govt there will be thrown under the bus once again, finally this time.

Which is why we must butter up the Taiwanese and absorb their tech know how and investment.

Dessert Storm

Country flag

Moderation note: Post Edited.

Brahma Chellaney
@Chellaney

India must slowly start relaxing its one-China policy. It can begin by appointing a special emissary on Tibet by stating that, although Tibet has ceased to be a political buffer between China and India, it should become a political bridge between the two. It must act creatively.
Appointing a Special Emissary to Tibet sounds strange. We host HH Dalai Lama. Appoint a Special Emissary to Taiwan. Restore Tibet as buffer (howsoever long it takes), only than can India be reassured.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
I disagree there is rage against China in USA . I would not overestimate China it is still a regional power at best.China is becoming an existential threat for US war is inevitable.
Plus downfall of China is Superpower Status safe for 25 yrs

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Big Breaking: Dr. Lobsang Sangay, President Tibetan govt in exile Invited formally to the US State Department.
via FrontalAssult

Also, people, China's "bottom" has been provoked....!!!

Trump is acting as if he already won a second term..

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Chinese hegemony exposed yet again but Oli fiddles while Nepal is being salami sliced!

‘Ruling communists treacherously ignoring China capturing our land’

The Nepali Congress (NC) has reiterated that China has encroached upon Nepalese territory and said that the central government’s silence on the matter is shameful and condemnable. The main opposition party also described the silence of the Nepal Communist Party (NCP) as treasonous. The encroachment reportedly occurred at Limi of Namkha Rural Municipality in Humla district.

The NC also accused the government of cover-up for issuing a ‘hasty denial’ even when the CDO-led inspection team was inspecting the border areas. The party called the actions of the government ‘anti-national’. They demanded that the government send a protest note to China over illegal encroachment of their territory and seek a resolution through dialogue and diplomacy.

Nepalese lawmaker Jeevan Bahadur Shahi said, “A team of experts should visit the Nepal-China border in Humla district to make a scientific assessment of what China has done. Our findings have clearly shown that China has entered into one and half kilometers inside our territory after replacing the boundary pillar.” Earlier, reports had emerged in the media that asserted the same.

1602851644878.png

Chinese construction one and half kilometers inside Nepalese territory after replacing the boundary pillars...

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Guys I came across the below link, looking at war between Armenia and Azerbaijan it is clear thing that swarm drone age has arrived. What options do we have to counter it if a war breaks out today?

Do we have equipment to Jam the network/up-link of drones?
Would it be possible to even Jam or bring down the drone flying at 16 to 20k feet height without firing a SAM battery?
Is there a way to defeat these swarm drones? Firing SAMs on these are giant waste of resource IMHO.

These are not high flying drones..How many bofors L-70 do we have..? A thousand ? Well suited for these low and slow flying drones..

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
India bans import of air-conditioner compressors and split-AC indoor units from China. This is important because even Indian brands such as Voltas, Godrej, and Lloyd were importing IDUs and compressors from China to remain competitive against LG and Samsung, which ironically were making these components in Uttar Pradesh and Haryana.

So you had desi AC makers selling china maal, while Korean wallahs were selling atmanirbhar ACs :lawl:

shade

Country flag
India bans import of air-conditioner compressors and split-AC indoor units from China. This is important because even Indian brands such as Voltas, Godrej, and Lloyd were importing IDUs and compressors from China to remain competitive with LG and Samsung, which ironically were making these components in Uttar Pradesh and Haryana.

So you had desi AC makers selling china maal, while Korean wallahs were selling atmanirbhar ACs :lawl:

Xiaomeme and BBK( Oppo, Vivo, OnePlus, RealMe ke abbu-jaan company ) started desi manufacturing of their phones in less than a year of starting operating in India.
And Indian bania & dalal brands like Micromax were import-and-selling for around 5 years till the Chinese themselves got in the Indian market and gave these bania brands the boot.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Xiaomeme and BBK( Oppo, Vivo, OnePlus, RealMe ke abbu-jaan company ) started desi manufacturing of their phones in less than a year of starting operating in India.
And Indian bania & dalal brands like Micromax were import-and-selling for around 5 years till the Chinese themselves got in the Indian market and gave these bania brands the boot.
Xiaomi ke gaand me bada danda ghusne waala hai. GoI is coming up with a new rule. "For a mobile telephone to be marketed as 'made in India,' the silicon fabrication of its application processor must happen on Indian soil."

This is exactly why Taiwan is sweet-talking with India over the past week. TSMC wants to open fabs in India and beat chinese semiconductor manufacturers to the Indian market.

SimplyIndian

Country flag
I am pretty sure in relation to the China vs US saga, China has more or less already won. I also think the Indian top brass know this and are just doing the best for India.
Why everyone ignore the fact that US has mighty Dollar which is backed by mighty military? Now compare China.

US has one BIG advantage, US can print unlimited $$$ and keep going. While other countries including China just cry.

SimplyIndian

Country flag
Big Breaking: Dr. Lobsang Sangay, President Tibetan govt in exile Invited formally to the US State Department.
via FrontalAssult

Also, people, China's "bottom" has been provoked....!!!

Hmm they want something in? must be feeling horny after provocation in bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles