India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The pics the Chinese released were propaganda. But they provide some information about how and where the Melle happened..But, is it not propaganda when Indian officials put out statements on the record, that "a large number of terrorists" were killed in the balakot strike, without providing a shred of proof.. ?
we need to remember the sequence of events correctly, they released that information because opposition parties were questioning 2016 surgical strikes publicly. opposition parties ran a campaign for months on this point.

keep in mind, there is parliamentary committee on defence where defence related information is shared with members of parliament including members of opposition parties.

sajobajo

Country flag
All reports for Chinese casualties are He-said she said even in US media.
I trust the army and GOI to give out an official statement with numbers if they see so fit. Before every major round of talks China has a habit of releasing psy-ops pics to see if the GOI/Army can be pressured into doing something by the .5 front which they shouldnt.

I firmly believe Army including CDS and COAS are in the "Taliban doing press conferences just before hanging someone from a helicopter or a public square" mode right now. Navarane ji expressing disbelief and saying they are clueless in a public forum means they actually want those who matter to believe they have the upper hand. They may or may not. But if they think we-are-innocent-onlee-chinikum-aggressors is a good image to project, I dont find any reason to question it.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Which doctored pic? And where have US intelligence commented on PLA casualties?
What do you mean which doctored pic? I mean, any pic released can be doctored. At the height of the clash propaganda, global times had released pics that were dated 7 years ago when a few Indian soldiers were rescued by pla.

If you had maybe read any news article ever during the clash, from cnn to bbc, US intelligence had stated PlA deaths were at 42.
And this is from wikipedia(although it’s not entirely credible as it’s open source):
A8A2B3EC-61F9-4408-AF91-F67255CF4E29.jpeg

Last edited:

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Indian security forces establishment has already indicated to you that they are not in propaganda business, then what will you do?
What about the new "non-contact warfare doctrine" of Indian Armed Forces? PsyOps was a part of that.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Just to be clear I'm not against propaganda. I'm just not in a position to go apeshit and abuse the Indian establishment for the way they are handling things without knowing anything about the circumstances they are operating under.
Indian establishment isn’t exactly innocent and should be criticised for the way they handled the Chinese propaganda blitz. When the Chinese released there propaganda barrage Indian establishment should have immediately struck back breaking the Chinese propaganda then and there and humiliating them in front of the whole world but they didn’t.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Indian establishment isn’t exactly innocent and should be criticised for the way they handled the Chinese propaganda Britz. When the Chinese betrayed India’s trust and released propaganda GOI should immediately struck back breaking Chinese propaganda then and there and humiliating them in front of the world but they didn’t.
Well what happened at today's meeting, any news about that

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
What do you mean which doctored pic? I mean, any pic released can be doctored. At the height of the clash propaganda, global times had released pics that were dated 7 years ago when a few Indian soldiers were rescued by pla.

If you had maybe read any news article ever during the clash, from cnn to bbc, US intelligence had stated PlA deaths were at 42.
And this is from wikipedia(although it’s not entirely credible as it’s open source):
View attachment 114080
Even Russian intelligence stated it was close to 40.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
What about the new "non-contact warfare doctrine" of Indian Armed Forces? PsyOps was a part of that.
we don't know that, it's a new doctrine just a few months old and i doubt that even the draft policy document will be ready by now. add a few more years to get to implementation stage. it will take months and years to finalise the policy.

but i suspect the recent photos of IAF fighter aircrafts taken from back of a C-130 is an outcome of this intent.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
we don't know that, it's a new doctrine just a few months old and i doubt that even the draft policy document will be ready by now. add a few more years to get to implementation stage. it will take months and years to finalise the policy.

but i suspect the recent photos of IAF fighter aircrafts taken from back of a C-130 is an outcome of this intent.
Long overdue imo.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Indian establishment isn’t exactly innocent and should be criticised for the way they handled the Chinese propaganda blitz. When the Chinese released there propaganda barrage Indian establishment should have immediately struck back breaking the Chinese propaganda then and there and humiliating them in front of the whole world but they didn’t.
Distinctly remember trump commenting on the incident, remarking India showing incredible restraint.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag

If the doctrine that young, maybe its us being (as usual) reactive in forming policies in the wake of the Chinese PsyOps that are being unleashed on us.
If so, I seriously hope we aren't similarly waiting for Chinese to teach us other lessons as well, such as a lesson in synergy of EW and Cyber Warfare, because right now, it seems we are.

Jimih

Country flag
If the doctrine that young, maybe its us being (as usual) reactive in forming policies in the wake of the Chinese PsyOps that are being unleashed on us.
If so, I seriously hope we aren't waiting for Chinese to teach us a lesson in synergy of EW and Cyber Warfare, because right now, it seems we are.
Very Very Valid argument.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
If so, I seriously hope we aren't waiting for Chinese to teach us a lesson in synergy of EW and Cyber Warfare, because right now, it seems we are.
It’s incredible how, India ,home to the largest IT sector in the world is not ahead of everyone in the world in terms of cyber warfare capabilities. Astounding. If GOI pours a Billion dollars into cyber and statecraft intelligence(raw), things would be very different.

another_armchair

Country flag
If India isn't stripping China completely nude in public, it may be for regional geopolitical reasons.

China is India's bulwark against the West in Asia and India is the West's hedge against China should China go rogue(it already had).

If China falls, the West will get to dominate another continent.

The Anglo-Saxons control EU, most of Middle East and parts of Far East Asia.

All these countries are extra 'tattas' of the Anglo-Saxon axis.

India doesn't want China to fall at this moment so India will exercise extreme restraint. It is for China to follow a dharmic policy of live and let live. If China uses the long rope offered by India to hang itself, that would be China's problem.

Aside, China has a host or problems, India happens to be just one of them.

ThE BrOkEn HeArT

Country flag
There is a simple thing which need to understand by IA. China won't fight real war. They are expert in info warfare and we are losing this war as our establishment is not taking it so seriously. You can counter a pic with a pic, a video with video, an article with article. But if we want to win this info warfare then we need to be more active and offensive. Right now we are beating the drums of "peace" at LAC and giving more chance to PLA for preparation for everything.

another_armchair

Country flag
If so, I seriously hope we aren't similarly waiting for Chinese to teach us other lessons as well, such as a lesson in synergy of EW and Cyber Warfare, because right now, it seems we are.
We have always been reactive in nature... and the reaction is also least reactive.. like the noble gases from the periodic table.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
There is a simple which need to understand by IA. China won't fight real war. They are expert in info warfare and we are losing this war as our establishment is not taking it so seriously. You can counter a pic with a pic, a video with video, an article with article. But if we want to win this info warfare then we need to be more active and offensive. Right now we are beating the drums of "peace" at LAC and giving more chance to PLA for preparation for everything.
Oh they’ll fight a war. If they can. Problem is, they can’t right now. Because India is not what it used to be. Which is why they need Pakistan in the western flank to help,

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
It’s incredible how, India ,home to the largest IT sector in the world is not ahead of everyone in the world in terms of cyber warfare capabilities. Astounding. If GOI pours a Billion dollars into cyber and statecraft intelligence(raw), things would be very different.
IMO, this time its not just GoI dropping the ball, but Armed Forces as well, who haven't yet acknowledged this RMA. I've been pointing this out on the "Defence Cyber Agency of India" thread that Defence Cyber Agency should be converted to Defence Cyber and EW Agency. But Signals from Army will play spoilsport as usual, if they ever try to do that, I think.
https://defenceforumindia.com/threads/defence-cyber-agency-of-india.82970/#post-2046500

mokoman

Country flag
pretty sure chinese IT sector is much larger than indias .

sucks but that 45 figure is doubtful ,i think indians started throwing around that figure .

nobody except CCP knows how many died , probably never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles