India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blank

Country flag
China Losing Pakistan, Calls America and India 'Enemies' | Opinion

China's determination of responsibility is almost certainly politically driven. Beijing is blaming the U.S. because it always does and, in this case, China's leaders feel especially vulnerable. As Bokhari says, "now they need to do what they have never done before—manage security beyond their borders."
Moreover, Bokhari thinks that with regard to India, China is "now adopting Pakistan's position because Beijing needs Islamabad to manage a post-American Afghanistan."
Just because Chinese officials do not believe what they are saying does not mean they are unserious about holding Washington and New Delhi responsible. Once taking a public position, Beijing understands it has to carry through because it has put its credibility on the line

So something is up with the use of the "enemy" label. "One reason for making such a public statement is to set up a justification for Beijing to do whatever it was already planning to do—or wants to do in the future—against India,"

Cleo Paskal of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies told Newsweek after the issuance of the Global Times editorial. "It's a sort of preemptive victim-blaming: 'We had no choice but to invade/attack/punish you because of what (we said) you did to us.' "
There are many places China could strike. There has been, in the last week, great concern that Beijing, as another Global Times editorial suggested, would take advantage of the disarray in Kabul and Washington and invade Taiwan

The Chinese are already invaders. China's troops in May 2020 moved into Indian-controlled territory in Ladakh, in the Himalayas, and there have been further Chinese encroachments in India's Sikkim. Reports of additional troop buildups suggest Beijing could soon open new fronts on the long border between the two giants. Perhaps the Global Times piece is intended to establish the justification for these anticipated troop movements.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
@mokoman @mist_consecutive
What does 4th line mean ? Intrusion in Sikkim 🤔
From above Newsweek article.

View attachment 106980
Link to the news article?

Well without even looking I can confidently tell you the Sikkim part is incorrect. Chinese tried to challenge us in Naku La earlier this year (around Feb if I remember correctly), were beaten black and blue, and fled.

Jimih

Country flag

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars make a post on this.
Follow this news article to extract content Nibba -

I remember @Hellfire talking in more detail about it.

Found his post.
And we didn't disturb it. They tried to ingress, we took them down on their side.

There was a "Billi Patrol" right upto 1990, which would move every once in a while. It was a regular boxing match between Indian and PLA soldiers along the watershed.

Those were some really fun days. Alas, I never had a chance to participate in one though. My father did in his time. But then, in his time, a walk into Yatung was done on a CO's spur of the moment mood too. And we had not pulled down our troop numbers from regions of Jelep-La-Nathang-Woodcock-Dokala
Yes, I remember the "Gol Gappe khayega"? incident.
That is pre-2020, not related to this.

Last edited:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
One more anti Kalashnikov post and you guys are banned for ever😛😛😛.
Follow this news article to extract content Nibba -

I remember @Hellfire talking in more detail about it how it was actually us who barged into their territory, challenged them, kicked their asses, and returned.

That is pre-2020, not related to this.
Ya'll Nibbiars link to that posts.

Abdus Salem killed

Link to the news article?

Well without even looking I can confidently tell you the Sikkim part is incorrect. Chinese tried to challenge us in Naku La earlier this year (around Feb if I remember correctly), were beaten black and blue, and fled.
This is the source

I think he is talking about the road built in no man's land in sikkim last year

Covfefe

Country flag
Yes CCP squeezed Jack Ma's balls very hard and now he is the bitch.

Are you following the news coming from China recently? How CCP is going after Chinese movie stars with hammer and tongs? :laugh:
Under Winnie the Pooh this has been the trend for quite some time now- movie stars, business owners, or anyone of worth, is at the best a pair of balls under a banana called CCP. Bingbing, Jacky Chan, Jacky Ma are the ones with media coverage- there are many others who don't make the headlines.

Narasimh

Country flag
After going through multiple publications and talks by forces it's clear that we have had a rude wake up on the cyber and space domain during galwan. Our forces are now looking to have defensive capabilities now if not offensive ones in these areas.

Can anybody shed some light as to how difficult is it to build capabilities in this domain especially as we are touted as the IT skilled nation and we have kids learn whitehat jr coding these days and what not?
learning python, java and html won't cut it, our universities have to be better I guess.

Aklukars

Country flag
After going through multiple publications and talks by forces it's clear that we have had a rude wake up on the cyber and space domain during galwan. Our forces are now looking to have defensive capabilities now if not offensive ones in these areas.

Can anybody shed some light as to how difficult is it to build capabilities in this domain especially as we are touted as the IT skilled nation and we have kids learn whitehat jr coding these days and what not?
learning python, java and html won't cut it, our universities have to be better I guess.
Defence establishement never concerted on the cyber warfare expect the defensive. But the ignorance has made the wake up call. This is the field that need more time and investment to be done.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Without hyping anything, just one of my observation while researching OSINT, is that this year, unlike last year we are pushing men and material in Ladakh like crazy, with no hesitation, no restraint.
I mean, the current number of troops, armour and artillery currently camping in Ladakh is easily double the estimated or disclosed amount.
China is also doing something similar, with more aggressive military exercises and most modern weapons being pushed toward Tibet.

The Himalayas is now a big gasoline pool now, a single spark somewhere can turn it into a big fireball.

Aklukars

Country flag
Without hyping anything, just one of my observation while researching OSINT, is that this year, unlike last year we are pushing men and material in Ladakh like crazy, with no hesitation, no restraint.
I mean, the current number of troops, armour and artillery currently camping in Ladakh is easily double the estimated or disclosed amount.
China is also doing something similar, with more aggressive military exercises and most modern weapons being pushed toward Tibet.

The Himalayas is now a big gasoline pool now, a single spark somewhere can turn it into a big fireball.
Yes like I said silence before the storm. The planning is done now wait and watch trubelance is expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles